What's new

Now, India turns to Russia for mega defence deals

Never read anything like that.....

Infact India used Russian made tyres only in initial batches and later contracted an Indian company (MRF) for the same who now manufacture those...
Nope!...MRF only retreads the existing tires!....I would know...My father used to work for MRF (In Charge of Thiruvathiyur Plant)...In fact I personally know Vinu mammen and Arun Mammen.

The list posted by you here contains the deals worth more then 30-35 billion dollars .. and as per next part of your passage only russia can provide us such tech ...then why Pakistanis are so confident that they will get su-35 and russian air defence system ...how can Russia lose a customer worth 30-35 billion dollars for a country which depends on defence aid for defence budgets

Most of the data is from innoprom
View attachment 332096

https://defence.pk/threads/indias-shopping-list-of-new-russian-defence-deals-innoprom-2016.438942/

About the Storm 23000e

Let me thank @hellfire who pointed it out and I wrote to him few things..

Some more on that is below

Cross posting from another forum where I wrote yesterday night
+++
About Shtorm 23000e
I was asked about IAC2 recently by a IA professional called hellfire (random you might know him in PDF) .. so i did dig up and asked my sources but wrote limited their in PDF. I came to understand about RITM 200 with 10% LEU reactor which produces 55 MWe and using mutiple such systems for Indian IAC2. Russia themselves originally planned for RITM 400 with much higher grade marine reactor (45%+). But proliferation issues means we cant get RITM-400.

Yes they want us this ACC to be made in Russian shipyard which our government cant agree, They say RITM 200 is also used in N powered Ice breaker and hence it wont create proliferation issues due to just 10% LEU. on top its basically a hybrid carrier with 2 catapults (CAtobar) and one short takeoff (STobar) with fighters designated as FGFA-M and Mig29K. Again thats an issue. Its suppose to carry Naval version of S-400+ elements of S-500 and will have considerable firepower in terms of a VLS cell of at least 16 LACM as well.

In short its a mobile fortress with SAM, LACM and Air cover fighters.

Obviously, India may not have such doctrines nor incorporate such things as well . Bcz Russia needs a mix of things - all in one type philososphy. Not sure India agrees with the same.

About USA
I have been harping time and again. USA wont give us things unless we agree to many more conditions including foundation agreements and senate approval. ultimately we have to become their vassal state to get whatever we want. Be it F16/18/35/22E or even other stuff. Jet engine is a myth.. a dream which will haunt many Indians when they will come to know the truth and treachery part. I wont say more on that bcz it will expose some stuff which should not be in Net. But soon some hints will come out on this. Cost asked for whole such package is astounding ..
+++
@Abingdonboy @anant_s @MilSpec @SpArK @Ankit Kumar 002 @GuardianRED @Armani @Vergennes @others

The list posted by you here contains the deals worth more then 30-35 billion dollars .. and as per next part of your passage only russia can provide us such tech ...then why Pakistanis are so confident that they will get su-35 and russian air defence system ...how can Russia lose a customer worth 30-35 billion dollars for a country which depends on defence aid for defence budgets
I got to give it to Pakistanis - they are optimistic or delusional bunch

Below is just a hypothetical scenario
F16
Cost $ 70 Mn
Support package+weapons+ every other cost - etc add more.

Consider it doubled or say $140 Mn all inclusive just for consideration.

Consider 100 F16 - $14000 Mn
Consider repeat order of 50 more - $7000 Mn
Consider MLU - $35 Mn x fleet of 150 = $ 5250 Mn
New Weapon packages+ other amenities as part of MLU - $10 Mn x 150 = $1500 Mn
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total ----------------------------- $ 27750 Mn or $27.75 Bn

If its say $100 Mn then all inclusive cost is $21.75 Bn

Reduce the numbers and you can see proportionally some reduction but bare minimum 100 F16 will mean $14.5- $18.5 Bn

Add to that access to localised industrialization, hold over local MIC, support services for such industry and creation of a powerful lobby for Pro USA products.

+++++++++++++++

Thats the reason Russia will make every attempt to sell Su35 in order to make sure either India does not buy US fighters or make sure it creates a small but sizable opening in Pakistan to control India's leanings to US fighter jets

Actually it makes sense again If India wants to get in NSG they nedd to give something to US in return and offcourse getting some imp arsenal from US is not good they are not trust worthy ...may be giving the nuclear reactors and civil aviations deals to boeing can but heavy weaponry from US may endup like albatross around our neck ...

Below is just a hypothetical scenario
F16
Cost $ 70 Mn
Support package+weapons+ every other cost - etc add more.

Consider it doubled or say $140 Mn all inclusive just for consideration.

Consider 100 F16 - $14000 Mn
Consider repeat order of 50 more - $7000 Mn
Consider MLU - $35 Mn x fleet of 150 = $ 5250 Mn
New Weapon packages+ other amenities as part of MLU - $10 Mn x 150 = $1500 Mn
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total ----------------------------- $ 27750 Mn or $27.75 Bn

If its say $100 Mn then all inclusive cost is $21.75 Bn

Reduce the numbers and you can see proportionally some reduction but bare minimum 100 F16 will mean $14.5- $18.5 Bn

Add to that access to localised industrialization, hold over local MIC, support services for such industry and creation of a powerful lobby for Pro USA products.

+++++++++++++++

Thats the reason Russia will make every attempt to sell Su35 in order to make sure either India does not buy US fighters or make sure it creates a small but sizable opening in Pakistan to control India's leanings to US fighter jets

All the major pending deals will be signed this year itself.
Don't think so. 2016 is the year of the Rafale (there won't be any other mega deals signed this year because of the pathetic defence allocation for 2016-17).

S-400 will be signed in 2017-18 for sure, maybe the Akulas too.

Nope!...MRF only retreads the existing tires!....I would know...My father used to work for MRF (In Charge of Thiruvathiyur Plant)...In fact I personally know Vinu mammen and Arun Mammen.
Since 2014 MRF have made the tyres for the MKIs.

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com...oduction-for-su30-aircraft/article5906023.ece

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    57.9 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 23
Don't think so. 2016 is the year of the Rafale (there won't be any other mega deals signed this year because of the pathetic defence allocation for 2016-17).

The Rafale's allocation is not coming from the defence budget.

S-400 will be signed in 2017-18 for sure, maybe the Akulas too.

Most likely December. Putin's coming over.

FGFA should be signed this year also.

Highlights
  • Defence ministry said negotiations for mega defence projects with Russia are "well on track"
  • India and Russia to jointly develop futuristic 5th generation fighter aircrafts
  • India is set to acquire S-400 Triumf advanced air defence missile systems from Russia
After a pronounced tilt towards the US in terms of defence deals and military-to-military ties over the last decade, further reinforced by the recent inking of the bilateral logistics pact , India has reassured Russia that their traditional strategic partnership will continue on its upward trajectory.

Defence ministry sources said negotiations for mega defence projects with Russia like joint development of the futuristic fifth generation fighter aircraft (FGFA) and Kamov Ka-226T light utility helicopters were "well on track" after being stalled for some time.

Similarly, major defence deals with Russia, ranging from the Rs 39,000 crore acquisition of five S-400 Triumf advanced air defence missile systems to the $1.5 billion lease of a second nuclear-powered submarine, are also in the offing.

India already operates a nuclear-powered Akula-II submarine christened INS Chakra, which was acquired on a 10-year lease from Russia in April 2012 under a $900 million deal inked earlier.

All this is reflected in the flurry of top-level bilateral meetings to be held in the coming days. The 16th meeting of the India-Russia Military Technical Cooperation Working Group, for instance, will be held on Wednesday and Thursday.

The Indian delegation will be led by the director-general of defence acquisitions in the meeting, which will include the inking of a joint protocol. Concurrently , the two countries will also hold a top meeting on shipbuilding, aviation and land systems, which will be co-chaired by the defence production secretary from India.

The fine balance India is trying to strike between the two erstwhile Cold War rivals is also evident in the way the Indian Army will hold combat exercises with US and Russian forces this month.

The 'Yudh Abhyas' exercise between US troops from Fort Louis and Madras Regiment soldiers will be held at Chaubatia in Uttarakhand from September 14 to 27. The 'Indra' exercise between Russian soldiers and Kuma on Regiment troops will be held at Vladivostok from September 22 to October 2.

After Indian, US and Japanese warships conducted the top-notch Malabar exercise off Okinawa in June, India and Russia will hold their Indra naval wargames in the Indian Ocean around December.

"Russia was worried whether India wanted to continue complex projects like the FGFA. We have expressed our keenness to ink the final R&D design contract for the Indian 'perspective multi-role fighter' (based on the Russian FGFA called Sukhoi T-50 or PAK-FA) in 2016-2017," said a source.

India, however, has conveyed that it is not interested in the proposed joint development of the multi-role transport aircraft (MTA) due to the twin-engine plane's cost-viability, delivery timelines and failure to meet high-altitude requirements.

But Russia has taken heart from India's positive response on other projects, and has even offered its under-construction nuclear-powered aircraft carrier 'Storm' (Shtorm) and technologies associated with the project.

TOI had earlier reported that the US was currently unwilling to offer help to India in nuclear propulsion for the proposed construction of its largest-ever warship, the 65,000-tonne aircraft carrier INS Vishal. In effect, the US-Russia rivalry to woo India in the military arena continues.
http://www.defencenews.in/article/N...=India_turns_to_Russia_for_Mega_Defence_Deals

All this is ecnomic only and I fear we are losing strategic value. What we need to do is to link with Russia through all possible ways in both economic and cultural arenas with concrete plan implemented on ground.

Brother,
Point no. 5. 6 more IL 76 for AWACS.
How correct is that news? Are more PHALCON systems on order beyond 3 (delivered) and 2 (under negotiations)?

Is this enrichment level for Original fuel feed?
to my knowledge this 6 is in addition to the 3+2(on order) > you will be looking at 11 Phalcons.

Personally, We need dedicated squadrons of 3 AWACS and 6 Air Refuelling Aircraft each, stationed for East, West and South sector in the long run. This will help towards our preparation for two-front scenario as well as support the Navy in the IOR region at the same time. This is of course a long term wishlist, and hopefully will be achieved over time.
2009.03-330-pm-photo_montage_aar_rafaleb-fra-0001_700.jpg

I'll be surprised if more Phalcons are ordered considering the fact that negotiation for airframe for AWACS India is going on. Unless we are in a hurry to build up numbers in a short duration, which is even more doubtful considering the pace at which decisions are made.

images

We do currently suffer from a serious shortage of such strategic assets. A coutry of our size with 3 AWACS and 6 AAR in total strength is in fact a clear indication of our reluctance to utilise force multipliers in the past. Fortunately, a change in strategy is evident and hopefully things will improve tremendously over time. AWACS India is planned for a total of 8 units and a further 6 + follow-on for AAR. The 2 additional Phalcons are an added bonus.

Good Day!

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom