What's new

Now, India turns to Russia for mega defence deals

Most of the data is from innoprom
IMG_20160907_125227.jpg

https://defence.pk/threads/indias-shopping-list-of-new-russian-defence-deals-innoprom-2016.438942/

About the Storm 23000e

Let me thank @hellfire who pointed it out and I wrote to him few things..

Some more on that is below

Cross posting from another forum where I wrote yesterday night
+++
About Shtorm 23000e
I was asked about IAC2 recently by a IA professional called hellfire (random you might know him in PDF) .. so i did dig up and asked my sources but wrote limited their in PDF. I came to understand about RITM 200 with 10% LEU reactor which produces 55 MWe and using mutiple such systems for Indian IAC2. Russia themselves originally planned for RITM 400 with much higher grade marine reactor (45%+). But proliferation issues means we cant get RITM-400.

Yes they want us this ACC to be made in Russian shipyard which our government cant agree, They say RITM 200 is also used in N powered Ice breaker and hence it wont create proliferation issues due to just 10% LEU. on top its basically a hybrid carrier with 2 catapults (CAtobar) and one short takeoff (STobar) with fighters designated as FGFA-M and Mig29K. Again thats an issue. Its suppose to carry Naval version of S-400+ elements of S-500 and will have considerable firepower in terms of a VLS cell of at least 16 LACM as well.

In short its a mobile fortress with SAM, LACM and Air cover fighters.

Obviously, India may not have such doctrines nor incorporate such things as well . Bcz Russia needs a mix of things - all in one type philososphy. Not sure India agrees with the same.

About USA
I have been harping time and again. USA wont give us things unless we agree to many more conditions including foundation agreements and senate approval. ultimately we have to become their vassal state to get whatever we want. Be it F16/18/35/22E or even other stuff. Jet engine is a myth.. a dream which will haunt many Indians when they will come to know the truth and treachery part. I wont say more on that bcz it will expose some stuff which should not be in Net. But soon some hints will come out on this. Cost asked for whole such package is astounding ..
+++
@Abingdonboy @anant_s @MilSpec @SpArK @Ankit Kumar 002 @GuardianRED @Armani @Vergennes @others

I dont understand the whole idea about negative titles? The title could have been "India Russia joint defense deal"..It could be "India signed Russian deal"... it could be "Russia and India working together"....

Why to give negative verb to the title? Let people decide what meaning we want to inference from this step.

Most of the data is from innoprom
View attachment 332096

https://defence.pk/threads/indias-shopping-list-of-new-russian-defence-deals-innoprom-2016.438942/

About the Storm 23000e

Let me thank @hellfire who pointed it out and I wrote to him few things..

Some more on that is below

Cross posting from another forum where I wrote yesterday night
+++
About Shtorm 23000e
I was asked about IAC2 recently by a IA professional called hellfire (random you might know him in PDF) .. so i did dig up and asked my sources but wrote limited their in PDF. I came to understand about RITM 200 with 10% LEU reactor which produces 55 MWe and using mutiple such systems for Indian IAC2. Russia themselves originally planned for RITM 400 with much higher grade marine reactor (45%+). But proliferation issues means we cant get RITM-400.

Yes they want us this ACC to be made in Russian shipyard which our government cant agree, They say RITM 200 is also used in N powered Ice breaker and hence it wont create proliferation issues due to just 10% LEU. on top its basically a hybrid carrier with 2 catapults (CAtobar) and one short takeoff (STobar) with fighters designated as FGFA-M and Mig29K. Again thats an issue. Its suppose to carry Naval version of S-400+ elements of S-500 and will have considerable firepower in terms of a VLS cell of at least 16 LACM as well.

In short its a mobile fortress with SAM, LACM and Air cover fighters.

Obviously, India may not have such doctrines nor incorporate such things as well . Bcz Russia needs a mix of things - all in one type philososphy. Not sure India agrees with the same.

About USA
I have been harping time and again. USA wont give us things unless we agree to many more conditions including foundation agreements and senate approval. ultimately we have to become their vassal state to get whatever we want. Be it F16/18/35/22E or even other stuff. Jet engine is a myth.. a dream which will haunt many Indians when they will come to know the truth and treachery part. I wont say more on that bcz it will expose some stuff which should not be in Net. But soon some hints will come out on this. Cost asked for whole such package is astounding ..
+++
@Abingdonboy @anant_s @MilSpec @SpArK @Ankit Kumar 002 @GuardianRED @Armani @Vergennes @others
Whenever i read anything that the US is offering i.e big ticket items like EMALS or F-16, F18s. JVs on Engines etc - Always reminds me of the Carrot and Stick Story!. Unfortunately many of our journals and articles i'm reading is just looking at the yummy carrot and forgetting about the stick!

@PARIKRAMA the carrier coordination with US is already a no go. Shturm 23000 is something that India is trying to get aligned with its own project.

The likelihood of Russia as a design consultant is already a given. Something akin to ATV experiment.

One needs to recall that the erstwhile Soviet Union had initially planned a super carrier to match the US in mid-60s in the aftermath of the Cuban missile crisis and after the feasibility studies a go ahead was given in 1975 for construction of 'super carriers' under Project 1153 (Project Orel/"Eagle") which culminated in laying down of keel for 85000 tonne Ulyanovsk in 1988.

The maturation of the reactor and propulsion technology resulted in the succession of this project by Project 23000e shturm.

The offer to India has been made as per the link below

https://m.sputniknews.com/military/20160712/1042825073/india-russia-shtorm-aircraft-carrier.html

India is so feel insecure like house wife that she want to keep both khasams:rofl:usa and Russia

Don't troll. We appreciate the sense of humor. May I request tag us in stupid and funny with such posts?

Thanks.

But proliferation issues means we cant get RITM-400.
I think this is incorrect.
Marine reactors aren't like conventional ones. These are loaded on boats (AC or Subs) along with shielding and then removed as a whole structure, after enrichment level reduces below a threshold value. So unless someone removes the whole assembly to recover HEU, there technically is no proliferation in form of diverting fuel for weapon program.
We are after all operating Russian N Subs without any proliferation concerns to anyone.

Last edited:
I think this is incorrect.
Marine reactors aren't like conventional ones. These are loaded on boats (AC or Subs) along with shielding and then removed as a whole structure, after enrichment level reduces below a threshold value. So unless someone removes the whole assembly to recover HEU, there technically is no proliferation in form of diverting fuel for weapon program.
We are after all operating Russian N Subs without any proliferation concerns to anyone.
For advanced nuclear aircraft carriers of the Russian Developmentselected the integrated reactor system RITM-200, which is designed for nuclear icebreakers new generation of project 22220 Its feature is the fuel enrichment level of the uranium-235, reduced to 20% (from 40 -. 90% in the ship's nuclear power plants earlier generations). It allows you to export such reactors, without violating the agreements on non-proliferation of nuclear weapons technology.
http://flotprom.ru/2016/ТорговляОружием65/

Ours is lower than 20℅ infact 10℅

Significant advantage that russia offers vis a vis US is the willingness to share, jointly develop and full TOT on new and sensitive technologies. Cost and quality issues are more than offset by the gains in knowledge and have given us a lot more than what is seen in open. Plus, the end user agreement (and the multiple restrictions that accompany) are much less intrusive.
how much TOT was accomplished in the Su-30 MKI project ?

I read somewhere that the IAF did not have the technology to evaluate a change in tires to the Su-30 MKI
the evaluation had to be done in China
Never read anything like that.....

Infact India used Russian made tyres only in initial batches and later contracted an Indian company (MRF) for the same who now manufacture those...

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom