What's new

Now India is expanding its embassy in Islamabad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh.. You don't know what is right or wrong word.. See.. there is not that big problem ok if you call bharti or in correct word BHARTIYA both are ok with us but if we added just I after Pak... that will be a prblem for you. So dont try to be smart offcourse your are not " You are Pakistani".. Do you want me to remove stani from that and call you with your short name.

omar .. i wuld prefer not to engage in a discussion where the name of my nation is concerned.. as you would be aware there are more than 18 languages in india .. most of the people who are not north indians prefer to say either 'indian' or some other other word in their own local lang .when they talk they never use the word bharatiya 'coz they know they might make a mistake or it may not be the right word.. when we talk about hindi or sanskrit language it has always been bharatiya ... the whole issue of bringing that to everyone's notice is not to give them a speech rather inform those who dont know that like pakistanis who dont like to be called themselves as the 'other' name , although the word bharati is not racist the correct word is bharatiya.some people from pakistan know this fact and still they are using it the wrong way and they hide behind the veil of innocence.. use the word the right way if you want to spell somthing in hindi.. well if you cant do that you can very well write english considering the entire post quoted by me earlier of Ms.Jana has been in english except that one word.. speaks volume ...

Couldnt have said it better if I tried.

Over and out from my side too super-mod saab.

Cheers, Doc

thanks to the large number of indian people who hunt in packs (unsurprisingly) pakistani forummers get dragged into pointless debates thus deflecting from the real issue - this news item is obviously as bads news for pakistan as the sun is hot.

i urge all pakistani's to avoid having to justify simple obvious things to indians and therefore not focus on the important core issues, indians are only here to act as a mouthpiece for their nations interests.

we should engage in productive civilised conversation amongst ourselves, its more important.

thanks to the large number of indian people who hunt in packs (unsurprisingly) pakistani forummers get dragged into pointless debates thus deflecting from the real issue - this news item is obviously as bads news for pakistan as the sun is hot.

i urge all pakistani's to avoid having to justify simple obvious things to indians, who are only here to act as a mouthpiece for their nations interests, but rather engage in productive civilised conversation amongst ourselves

I agree. That other thread about 'bharti' made clear that most Indians don't have any objection to the word. Indians themselves use it.

This whole bharti/bharatya thing is a manufactured controversy so some Indians on this forum can use abusive words towards Pakistanis.

Coming back to the issue, here's the latest:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/strate...r-us-embassy-expansion-plan-3.html#post478321

Issue of renting out 200 houses to Americans being probed, says Rehman Malik

This whole bharti/bharatya thing is a manufactured controversy so some Indians on this forum can use abusive words towards Pakistanis.[/url]

Did anyone abused you? If we were to abuse you we would have never told you in advance to stop using this word. If it is offensive to some people what is the point in adding 3 simple characters after that.:cheers:

I agree. That other thread about 'bharti' made clear that most Indians don't have any objection to the word. Indians themselves use it.

This whole bharti/bharatya thing is a manufactured controversy so some Indians on this forum can use abusive words towards Pakistanis.

Coming back to the issue, here's the latest:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/strate...r-us-embassy-expansion-plan-3.html#post478321

Issue of renting out 200 houses to Americans being probed, says Rehman Malik

thank you bro, i am glad you agree.

we dont need to respond to each and every rebuttal by an indian to each and every comment we make, their raison d'etre is to do exactly this on a PAKISTANI DEFENCE FORUM, thus its utterly fruitless to respond in kind, much of it is repition anyway

once again, i suggest we adopt a filtering process and learn to pick our discussions, if any at all.

If it is offensive to some people what is the point in adding 3 simple characters after that.:cheers:

I don't use it anyway.

once again, i suggest we adopt a filtering process and learn to pick our discussions, if any at all.

I think that's the best idea to stay on focus and avoid off-topic posts.
In any case, there is an investigation into the house, though not the embassies themselves.

At least let's see if the media keeps up the pressure.

thank you bro, i am glad you agree.

we dont need to respond to each and every rebuttal by an indian to each and every comment we make, their raison d'etre is to do exactly this on a PAKISTANI DEFENCE FORUM, thus its utterly fruitless to respond in kind, much of it is repition anyway

Late realisation bro ..... most of us are already doing that.

Please recall our last exchange.

Khair, der aaye durust aaye.

Cheers, Doc

Most Indians do have an objection to the word because it is not correct, only they choose to ignore it in the interest of discussion going on here, assuming the users of the term are ignorant of the correct usage. But when the same person uses the term repititively, it is only reasonable that the intent of the user is questioned atleast by the new users.

Oh and btw, Indians DO NOT use the term 'Bhartis' for their people.
It might be a manufactuerd controversy, but the origin lies in the intentions of inventors of the usage.

Your second para is BS. reminds me of the false flag attack claims(You call Indians by some randomly twisted name and then wonder why some of us care about it). I can understand if it is based on the premise that Indians themselves use it, which as I have mentioned before, is not true. You should know better what the case here is.

Please refrain from using that term. It is a racist term from Britain used against Pakistanis (and Indians).

Dude , i never heard "pakis" or"bharati" as being used with racist connotation...

phew .. this whole discussion on these abbreviated words is causing soo much fuss, when they are actually referring to no abuse !!

Anyways, i wont use it if people here r soo sensitive to it !! man, we do test the limits of the word "racist":hitwall::hitwall:

Dude , i never heard "pakis" [...] as being used with racist connotation...

The word originated in Britain specifically as a racist word. **** for Pakistanis and curry for Indians.

It seems to have become fashionable within India also, which says a lot about jingoistic Indians -- that they would co-opt British racism (against Pakistanis) when it suits them.

Buddy do you realise how absurd and ridiculous it sounds to even claim that an Indian is being "racist" against a Pakistani or vice versa? A gora redneck reading such posts made by us "brownies" would be slapping his unwashed belly with mirth.

Simply put, for the last time, Pakis and Bhartis should be off limits for both sides (and should be officially starred/asterixed off by the mods as a forum setting).

Taali do haathon se bajti hai bhai.

Cheers, Doc

P.S. Side bet on who reaches 1000/200 posts first? :)

The word originated in Britain specifically as a racist word. **** for Pakistanis and curry for Indians.

It seems to have become fashionable within India also, which says a lot about jingoistic Indians -- that they would co-opt British racism (against Pakistanis) when it suits them.

it has become fashionable to claim any word that u feel in-approprite as a racist word....

Like, when the name "monkey" got elevated to racist slur, thanks to our beloved media...

I think, how the true victims must have felt - i mean blacks !!
Anyways, i told u i won't call, if u feel bad here...but i guess the word racist is abused too much for everything and anything seriously...

Now coming back to indians calling pakistani's as "pakis" in racial tone is like a black from america name calling current africans as blacks or"nigg***", pardon me,i am just making a point....

guys we r not even from different continents or race to be anywhere close to making racist comments....:what::what:

Last edited:
It seems to have become fashionable within India also, which says a lot about jingoistic Indians --

also before u pass on ur judgments .. pakis is no reordering of words or mis-interpretation as pakis really means nothing or comes close to any derogatory word....its just lifting a part of the name of ur country.... I sometimes used to say pakis instead of pakistanis even when i was a kid and had no knowledge of racism... and i am sure many indians wud have the same reason- just a matter of convenience..

Coming back to british- they see no difference in indians and pakistanis per se, unless u bring religion that too after 9/11....

Well i made my point clear, lets leave it there !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom