What's new

Now, Bhutan stops irrigation water for farmers bordering Assam

upload_2020-6-26_2-34-6.png

Oh its due to covide situation , and bhutan needs water for its own citizens ....thats it

Last edited:
Even Bhutan? Kya yaar, har koi India ki bajaa raha hai

I thought Bhutan was a protectorate of India, nothing more than a satellite country.

How vulnerable your country can become with stupid and incompetent ministers like Rajnath Singh running the show.

Either China is so powerful that we can turn all of India's neighbors against her just like that, or India is just really annoying.

I'm guessing that India is just really annoying.
It's more like India's present BJP government that is really annoying.

Must admit I am really surprised at this one. I am certainly not saying that Bhutan will be leaving the Indian sphere any time soon but it sure cannot be a coincidence for this incident to occur just at a time when so many other borders/rivers of India are also hotspots.

Unfortunately Buddhist monks are heavily influenced by India in both SL and Burma.
On the contrary I think Lankans don't trust Hindus due to historical reasons, myanmar is just playing both sides but depend more on China for diplomatic support.

Must admit I am really surprised at this one. I am certainly not saying that Bhutan will be leaving the Indian sphere any time soon but it sure cannot be a coincidence for this incident to occur just at a time when so many other borders/rivers of India are also hotspots.
Bhutan had been hinting at resolving Doklam for years but Indian influences were stopping this. I heard China is near signing the agreement.

Bhutan had been hinting at resolving Doklam for years but Indian influences were stopping this. I heard China is near signing the agreement.

If China provides significant economic and political support to Nepal this will automatically influence other countries in the wider Himalayan region. Even countries like Bhutan who have been de facto vassal states of India might reconsider their foreign policy.

Either China is so powerful that we can turn all of India's neighbors against her just like that, or India is just really annoying.

I'm guessing that India is just really annoying.

Much more than annoying---arrogant, overbearing and demeaning towards its smaller neighbors. Take Nepal for example. A college classmate of mine served as a Chinese diplomat in Kathmandu. He told me about Indian ambassador's abhorrent behavior in Nepal---barging into Nepali' government offices, pounding on desks and making demands. The Indian ambassador somehow thinks he's viceroy of Nepal, entitled to behaving with utter disregard of diplomatic protocol and etiquette.

Back
Top Bottom