What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

1628240084770.png

PAF trainer aircraft crashes near Attock
Both pilots ejected successfully and no loss of life or property has been reported

LAHORE:
A Pakistan Air Force (PAF) trainer aircraft crashed near Attock on Friday during a routine training mission.

"Both pilots have ejected successfully. No loss of life or property has been reported so far on the ground," said a statement from the air force.

The statement added that a board of Inquiry has been ordered to investigate the cause of the accident.

Last year in September, A PAF trainer aircraft crashed near the Pindigheb area of Attock district during a routine flight.

Read More: PAF inducts 14 dual-seat JF-17 aircraft into its fleet

"The pilot ejected safely," a PAF spokesperson had said adding that a board of inquiry had been ordered by Air Headquarters to determine the cause of the accident.

Earlier in February of the same year, a PAF Mirage aircraft crashed near Shorkot in Punjab. The aircraft was on a routine operational training mission at the time of the incident, said a statement released by the PAF.

The had pilot ejected safely and no loss of life or property has been reported on the ground. A board of inquiry was ordered by Air Headquarters to determine the cause of the accident.

If the Jigs have been switched over to Block-III then how will a Block-IIB be built without switching back ?

If the Jigs have been switched over to Block-III then how will a Block-IIB be built without switching back ?

There is a Chinese facility and also I imagine a massive amount of commonality between the airframes, unsure if that would leave to totally new jigs, the diffrences in Block III are mostly internal and avionics

Bad new. It will be bitter but truth be told JF-17 safety record so far can be termed as mediocre at best. Now units from Block I, Block II & Block II- B have crashed, which were all almost brand new.

Training & maintenance procedures must be re-worked, we cannot just ignore every crash by saying "Bird Hit". Block III should be tested and tested some more for safety, even if it means delaying it.

Bad new. It will be bitter but truth be told JF-17 safety record so far can be termed as mediocre at best. Now units from Block I, Block II & Block II- B have crashed, which were all almost brand new.

Training & maintenance procedures must be re-worked, we cannot just ignore every crash by saying "Bird Hit". Block III should be tested and tested some more for safety, even if it means delaying it.

If it was a bird hit these things simply happen. No need to worry about the sky falling down. Engine flame out, pilot error or stall then yes, look into changing things. We had an experianced guy crash a F-16 doing aerobatics last year, does not mean we grounded the F-16 fleet.

Comment makes little sense, bird strikes have nothing to do with maintenance. In fact the birds are likely around due to the negligence of civilians who throw out their trash into the streets. How the heck will better training and maintenance avoid a bird strike? How does this mean the thunder is unsafe or it’s safety record is mediocre?

In fact the Thunder has a Stellar service record for having only 4 crashes in its entire lifetime and 1 or 2 of them not even being the aircrafts fault. Compare that to literally any other aircraft with a 10+ year service life that’s flown in this many numbers and for this many hours, you’ll fail to find any aircraft much safer than this. Even the USAF has bird strikes, does this mean they’re not doing proper maintenance…?

Comment makes little sense, bird strikes have nothing to do with maintenance. In fact the birds are likely around due to the negligence of civilians who throw out their trash into the streets.

I am not saying that bout "bird hits", that can happen anyways but not all crashes were bird hits. that part of my comment is about the crashes that were not the bird the hit.

2ndly, my house is just 2 KMs away from Sargodha airbase, and comes under the cantonment board which is technically headed by Base commander. Our street throws all of it trash in a open area due to lack of waste bin there. My late father had to visit the cantonment board office multiple times, for them to send sanitation truck just to clean that garbage up. Even for the streets that do have these garbage bin. garbage is always over flowing no regular cleaning there either. That's the way things are around Sargodha airbase (biggest PAF base).

All surrounding areas near PAF airbases are technically under PAF/cantonment board responsibility. They cannot just dump it on civilian and escape accountability. They way they handle roads & other infrastructure is story for another day.

Back
Top Bottom