What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Mirage fighter jet has crashed in district Chakwal on Wednesday. According to PAF spokesman, pilot has been ejected safely and no damage has been reported on the ground. The crash happened due to technical fault, he added.

This speaks out why PAF is so eager to induct JF-17s, it must be noted that Mirage planes have a good safety record within their specified lifespan, I think PAF must atleast double the production line of JF-17s.

Your Comments Guys...
I agree with you... we need JF block 1's asap to replace these aging birds.

PACE Pakistan workers rescue PAF pilot after aircraft crash

Business Plus Report

LAHORE: A Mirage fighter aircraft of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) crashed near the Durrab Lake on the under-construction PACE Pakistan Limited tourist resort in the Kallar Kahar area on Wednesday.

Workers from the site near the Chakwal Interchange rescued the pilot who had managed to eject safely.

According to details, workers were busy at the construction site for the tourist resort when the plane crashed. Construction workers rushed their boats to fish the pilot out of the lake.

According to Pace Resorts Manager (Operations) Noorul Huda, the incident occurred at 4:45pm, and the workers were able to get the pilot to safety within minutes of the crash.

According to PAF, the aircraft was on a routine training mission and crashed after it developed a technical fault. No damage to life or property on the ground was reported. A board of inquiry has been ordered to investigate the incident.

AOA. Can someone informed get me the tail number of this aircraft? Was it one of the non rose aircrafts bought from australia?

AOA. Can someone informed get me the tail number of this aircraft? Was it one of the non rose aircrafts bought from australia?

Tail number 502.

21dca1363be4c1bc860c604c018b9989.jpg

Murad Saab -- thanks for the comprehensive update.

Accidents like these are unfortunate, but thanks to God no damage or loss of lives. I don't know the protocol, but it seems that jettison tanks would be wisest thing to do in such situation when over rural area. I suppose it bought him some time to "limp" the aircraft further away from vulnerable area.

Sir, are those Mirage-IIIs using Martin bakers??

wait a second, i just noticed something and now I am confused

so did the aircraft crash?? did he not eject? it says "his intelligent handling of a critical emergency prevented the loss of a valuable aircraft"

wait a second, i just noticed something and now I am confused

so did the aircraft crash?? did he not eject? it says "his intelligent handling of a critical emergency prevented the loss of a valuable aircraft"

This is not with reference to the current aircraft crash of Mirage, this is something which happened before for which the pilot got a citation.

Murad Saab -- thanks for the comprehensive update.

Accidents like these are unfortunate, but thanks to God no damage or loss of lives. I don't know the protocol, but it seems that jettison tanks would be wisest thing to do in such situation when over rural area. I suppose it bought him some time to "limp" the aircraft further away from vulnerable area.

Sir, are those Mirage-IIIs using Martin bakers??

Yes they are using Martin-Baker PRM4-1.
SOP is jettison tanks but sometimes these emergencies happen over cities and pilots have to make certain decisions, Its takes hardly a sec to decide what to do and in the sec you can save your self or the fighter or the people down below. What I have seen during my service pilots have died saving civilian population below they could have easily saved them selves by dropping the tanks but they didn't.
My student Air Cdre Late Hameed Qadri Base Commander Kamra died just because he was trying to take the fighter away from civilian population but during that his fighter went inverted and crashed he could have easily ejected but he didn't. It was not that he was not a good pilot he was an excellent pilot on a routine western CAP near Afghan border Qadri intercepted four SU-22 aircraft. His missiles failed to launch he managed to shoot two SU-22s with his guns.

bd973b7c6e941c9dc3fabea95d835de3.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Windjammer & Taimikhan,
For the images.
I've now uploaded one onto the web page. While the photo albums are out is is possible for forum members to view the Mirage page and see if they can add any names or photos ?

Thanks

Regards

Mike

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom