What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

Yes by junior operational pilots. Another thing from when I spoke to a retired Viper veteran today, PAF does not field a no.2 or safety observer when aerobatics are being flown as they normally stay in radio comms with them. Another negative sadly.

Notice in the clip below, 2 rolls followed by a split S a few seconds later. PAF Viper demos normally are not creative to change hence the expected maneuver by late Wing Commander Noman would have been the same. In the videos from what I've noticed, he does 1 roll followed by an immediate Split S.

I'm glad you pointed this out. This is what i have been discussing in my circle. He did only one roll instead of two as been done previously. I was an eye witness to this from start till end. I observed the following:

1. While entering into the arena, i observed the the aircraft was relatively lower as compared to JF17 ( jf also preformed the same day before f16)

2. While taking the right hand turn as per the planned maneuver, aircraft pulled up and only performed single roll instead of two which made him lose precious additional altitude to complete split s within the safe envelope.

3. While performing the split s, it appeared to me aircraft pulled up relatively late while it was coming down vertically which indicates that pilot wasn't pulling on stick as hard as the circumstances would nhave required. That would have been a normal if aircraft was subjected to two rolls resulting in additional altitude.

89914955_2753970878043522_4943671077554356224_n.jpg

A video from the same event.

I have been advised there's no question of G-LOC as he was experienced enough to pull 9G....where as during the loop he was doing much less.

Unfortunately, experience isn't a guarantee against the phenomenon. Plenty of very experienced pilots have perished to G-LOC.

I know we are all a bit emotional about it and putting the crash to anything related to the Wing Commander seems like a disservice to him, his skill, and his service. Due to that we keep trying to claim and hold on to the possibility that it was anything but him. However, these things have happened to the best and the most experienced before. Thing to remember is that this crash does not take anything away from the Wing Commander's credentials or skill that he exhibited throughout his career.

Unfortunately, experience isn't a guarantee against the phenomenon. Plenty of very experienced pilots have perished to G-LOC.

I know we are all a bit emotional about it and putting the crash to anything related to the Wing Commander seems like a disservice to him, his skill, and his service. Due to that we keep trying to claim and hold on to the possibility that it was anything but him. However, these things have happened to the best and the most experienced before. Thing to remember is that this crash does not take anything away from the Wing Commander's credentials or skill that he exhibited throughout his career.
G-Loc is an occupational hazard faced by all fighter pilots.

Hope everyone is doing fine. I live near the parade ground so I watch these rehearsal every year. The manuvers they do are the same every year. Here's what happened.
Soon as the the F-16 arrives at the parade square it take a sharp right, pulls the aircraft up and does 4-5 rolls. After completing rolls it gains more altitude and then inverts the aircraft for a complete loop.
What happened this time was after completing rolls W/c Noman inverted the aircraft and went for the loop without gaining more altitude which resulted in this crash.
Another thing I noticed is that after completing rolls he kept his aircraft inverted a bit longer than usual, that makes me assume maybe he blacked out after rolls.

Hope everyone is doing fine. I live near the parade ground so I watch these rehearsal every year. The manuvers they do are the same every year. Here's what happened.
Soon as the the F-16 arrives at the parade square it take a sharp right, pulls the aircraft up and does 4-5 rolls. After completing rolls it gains more altitude and then inverts the aircraft for a complete loop.
What happened this time was after completing rolls W/c Noman inverted the aircraft and went for the loop without gaining more altitude which resulted in this crash.
Another thing I noticed is that after completing rolls he kept his aircraft inverted a bit longer than usual, that makes me assume maybe he blacked out after rolls.
Doing well, hope you're good too.

I'd say 2 rolls. Followed by slight increase in altitude and then the pilot would start a split S. Wing Commander Noman missed out on 1 roll and the slight altitude.

Yes, you are right he did 2 rolls to be exact. Please watch the F-16 performance of 2018 Parade and compare it with the crash video.

Watch from 24:20 onwards

Bottom line is...

گرتے ہیں شہسوار ہی میدان جنگ میں

He perished doing what he was good at and enjoyed... he perished in his chosen uniform... what more can a mortal ask for something that is inevitable...

Bottom line is...

گرتے ہیں شہسوار ہی میدان جنگ میں

He perished doing what he was good at and enjoyed... he perished in his chosen uniform... what more can a mortal ask for something that is inevitable...
He was an F-16 pilot, a squadron commander, a leader and had an assignment to perform aerobatics. He must have done right things in life to be there. Very few are fortunate to be in a profession like that.

TOTAL CONSPIRACY THEORY FROM ME
But I think it's fishy how all these jets crashed near February 2020. Does India have assets in AirForce ground crews??

Just how much vetting and security clearance does an average technician go through??
F-16 crash: Pakistan Air Force pilot Nauman sacrifices his life to save Islamabad population
Decorated pilot opted not to eject and crashed in woods to avoid casualties

Published: March 11, 2020 18:43

Nauman-Akram_170ca157c52_medium.jpg

Dubai: Wing Commander Nauman Akram who died in the Pakistan Air Force F-16 fighter jet crash on Wednesday morning in Islamabad, is being hailed as a national hero.

Initial investigations in to the crash revealed that Akram sacrificed his life to save lives of civilians in Islamabad. The pilot could have ejected the plane but instead he guided the aircraft towards woods in Shakarparian, a hill resort in Islamabad and crashed. Had he ejected the jet, it would have crashed over populated area and could have lead to massive damage and casualties.

Nauman-Akram_170ca1e769a_original-ratio.jpg

PAF pilot Nauman Akram with his colleaguesImage Credit: Social media
A Pakistan Air Force (PAF) F-16 aircraft crashed near Shakarparian, Islamabad during rehearsals for the March 23 parade, a Pakistan Air Force spokesperson confirmed.

Netizens heaped praise on Nauman Akram and called him a national hero. “The nation lost a gem today. You were one of our finest, your services to the country will forever be remembered,” reads a tweet.

Nauman-Akram_170ca1feea4_original-ratio.jpg

PAF Wing Commander Nauman Akram with Pakistan Army Chief General Javed Qamar Bajwa before his recent flight on F-16.Image Credit: PAF
Nauman who embraced martyrdom was one of the best pilots at the PAF. He also recently flew Pakistan Army Chief General Qamar Javed Bajawa in an F-16. The videos of his flight with General also went viral.

Wing Comander Noman Akram Winner of SherAfghan Tropgy2019 Embraced Martyrdom In F16Crash Near Shakarparian Parade Ground.

Rest in Peace Sir,U were one of the Finst F-16Pilot PAF Had,Your srvics wil nvr be frgotn.
Los of F-16 is Tragic but evn more so A Life of A Pilot is pricles.

Mubashir Zaidi, a Pakistani journalist, tweeted: “Air Force officials say Shaheed Wing Commander Nauman Akram could have easily ejected when the F-16 was over Blue Area (a high-end commercial and residential area in Islamabad) but he ensured that the plane go down in a secluded area to avoid casualties on the ground.”

Wing Commander Akram was also the winner of prestigious ‘Sher Afghan’ Trophy 2019 being marksman in Inter Squadron Armament Competition. He was survived by a widow and two children.

Nauman-Akram_170ca21bdbf_original-ratio.jpg

Wing Commander Akram receiving the prestigious ‘Sher Afghan’ Trophy 2019 for being marksman in Inter Squadron Armament CompetitionImage Credit:

Zain Hassan Jafri, another tweep, writes: “He didn’t eject. He gave his life for 2 reasons: To lift up the asset (F-16) and to save civilians from aircraft. But, he forgot one thing, he was the actual asset.

A PAF statement reads: “Pakistan Air Force reports with regret that a PAF F-16 aircraft crashed near Shakarparian, Islamabad during the rehearsals of March 23 parade. A board of inquiry has been ordered by the Air Headquarters to determine the cause of accident.”

Shakarparian is a hill and famous picnic spot for residents in the capital, located near the Zero Point Interchange in Islamabad.

Recent PAF aircraft crashes
A PAF trainer aircraft crashed on February 12 during a routine training mission near Takht Bhai in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s Mardan district. It was the third PAF training aircraft to have crashed while on a routine training mission in less than two months.

On Feb 7, a PAF Mirage aircraft, which was also on a routine operational training mission, had crashed near the Lahore-Multan Motorway. Pilots in both cases had ejected safely.

A PAF aircraft had crashed in early January while on a training flight near Mianwali. Both pilots — Squadron Leader Haris bin Khalid and Flying Officer Ibaadur Rehman — aboard the PAF FT-7 aircraft lost their lives in the crash.

https://gulfnews.com/world/asia/pak...-life-to-save-islamabad-population-1.70313717

Afterall, the chalaak dushman India has managed to penetrate media, politicians and a bunch of other institutions and used that to wage an unconventional war against us. Blackwater recruited former SSG some were disgruntled for some reason, some did it just for the money. I beleieve ISI's offensive capabilities are much much more limited than RAW. ISI does not seem to display forward thinking and grand strategies like RAW, MOSSAD, CIA etc do they act upon 5,10,15 year long term strategies, just look at deal of century and arab spring how these agencies turned the world upside down. Whereas, ISI is always busy with internal political randi rona. The agencies of the respective tri forces perform very well. Like on 27Feb the strikes PAF conducted were precise and Time on target was perfect credit goes to Naval/Air intelligence and MI during 27Feb and Pakistan's WoT.

I think the problem also lies in doctrinal changes when Gen Hameed Gul was led and he said in several interview that The American(CIA) and other secret society azad khayal assets in Pakistan felt ISI was getting too strong and needed it's wings to be cut.

Last edited:
TOTAL CONSPIRACY THEORY FROM ME
But I think it's fishy how all these jets crashed near February 2020. Does India have assets in AirForce ground crews??

Just how much vetting and security clearance does an average technician go through??

Afterall, the chalaak dushman India has managed to penetrate media, politicians and a bunch of other institutions and used that to wage an unconventional war against us. Blackwater recruited former SSG some were disgruntled for some reason, .I beleieve ISI's offensive capabilities are much much more limited than RAW. ISI does not seem to display forward thinking and grand strategies like RAW, MOSSAD, CIA etc do they act upon 5,10,15 year long term strategies, just look at deal of century and arab spring how these agencies turned the world upside down. Whereas, ISI is always busy with internal political randi rona. The agencies of the respective tri forces perform very well. Like on 27Feb the strikes PAF conducted were precise and Time on target was perfect credit goes to Naval/Air intelligence and MI during 27Feb and Pakistan's WoT.

I think the problem also lies in doctrinal changes when Gen Hameed Gul was led and he said in several interview that The American(CIA) and other secret society azad khayal assets in Pakistan felt ISI was getting too strong and needed it's wings to be cut.
Conspiracy. Or fiction for a book or a TV show.

And the article is wrong about the saving of civilians part, a little bit of coating the situation. His choice not to eject was up to him, and I quote some current and ex-Viper drivers that he could've punched out during the descent.

Thanks for uploading. Very brave action by the wing cmdr to tilt his jet and save civilian lives even though he knew he was doomed himself.

Conspiracy. Or fiction for a book or a TV show.

And the article is wrong about the saving of civilians part, a little bit of coating the situation. His choice not to eject was up to him, and I quote some current and ex-Viper drivers that he could've punched out during the descent.
You're saying he did or he didn't save civilians? I'm not clear on your inference.

compare the very moments ....in single frame please check the change in cockpit...there was no tree either in front or in back side of the jet...

View attachment 612925

If he had ejected then a flame of rocket booster had to be visible in pics or video and F-16s have 0-0 ejection seats which should have saved the pilot.

Back
Top Bottom