What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

To all the members who do not have the slightest experience of: flying, maneuvers, employment of tactics, have never been to flight school, are not or were not part of a air force flight training program (I dont think we have any active duty), do not know the alif baa taa of real world cockpit, evasive maneuvers, do not know and have never been in situation where it is life or death, have never even seen the eternal of the cockpit, have never been close to an active fighter jet, I please request all members who are saying "lesson was not learn" "using f-16 in an airshow was not a good idea" "flying maneuvers for f16 is risky" "only jft should do airshows" It is my humble request to please be rational, respectful and please understand that if you fly the danger is always there no matter what you do Wing commander Nauman (shaheed)is SHER AFGHAN, He was a warrior who had been train to do tasks that some people think are dangerous, he was trained to be a fighter pilot and all PAF pilots they train hard to fly and the fly to fight and they fight to kill and that is it.

I am very disappointed in attitudes towards this accident by some members (truly brings the true colors of cowardice, lack of knowledge and just sheer inhumane extrinsic school of thought)

This incident is a clear cause of pilot error (no engine flame out, no compressor stalls, no bird hits) just sheer bad luck and Allah had written his time to be ended on this world at that moment and nothing else. He embraced his death by doing what he loved most for the people that he loved most.

Only thing that can prevent from such incidents is, stop flying at all. The risk factor is always there and enquiry isn't concluded yet. Lest not make it like an irresponsible flypast at all. Anything could happen and no one is irresponsible for not playing by the book. Be it an airshow, fly past or whatever, the risk is always there but wold does not ends at that for professionals. I really hope to see a period from this discussion.

You can't stop flying dear but you can certainly prevent avoidable loss of life. Machines can be replaced but humans can't be.

None of the videos are clear to show the last few seconds before the crash....however it's known that sometimes the pilot is thrown clear upon impact....happened to one of our F-104 pilots during 1965 and a British Hunter pilot more recently.
In light of the accident; just a missing man formation would do to pay our respects. Lets not pretend it didn't happen.

This is the best way to pay tribute to him,no need to continue with the full flypast anymore.

any body witness the F-16 2020 27 day air show in Karachi probably one of the most aggressive f-16 demos: there was a point where the air craft almost hit the sea. This happened when f-16 was in a high G turn and the already low f16 sharply baked to the left (F-16 is not a comfortable plane to fly if you have big long arms) it was most definitively pilot caused.

You can't stop flying dear but you can certainly prevent avoidable loss of life. Machines can be replaced but humans can't be.

This is the part of life/service and only stop flying can prevent one to not to die. No one can predict what will happen next. Even a routine sortie involved machine... the argument is too lame if you ask a real pilot. Unless, the SOP is violated; no one can stop flying merely because of an incident.

This is the part of life/service and only stop flying can prevent one to not to die. No one can predict what will happen next. Even a routine sortie involved machine... the argument is too lame if you ask a real pilot. Unless, the SOP is violated; no one can stop flying merely because of an incident.

Where are the SOP's in the first place. Losing life during a training sortie is one thing but then losing a very experienced guy in such an avoidable way hurts more.

I see video in which it looks like after the loop jet stalled for some reason unknown.

I'm sure you have heard of cases where ejection seats malfunctioned even when aircraft were static...killing the occupants. Flying is dangerous in all it's forms.
main-qimg-6f204cabab5d69531f95b9b1a35cac1e.webp

This is the best way to pay tribute to him,no need to continue with the full flypast anymore.

A missing man formation would be the best tribute.

I see video in which it looks like after the loop jet stalled for some reason unknown.
pilot error no stalls nothing (stalling an f-16 in that config is virtually impossible) 100-200 feet more and our hero would have been performing on the 23

Where are the SOP's in the first place. Losing life during a training sortie is one thing but then losing a very experienced guy in such an avoidable way hurts more.

That doesn't suggest that SOP was violated. It was the same top notch Jockey in the seat that lost his life while he was in control of A/C... unless, enquiry suggests anything else. These incidents wouldn't stop anyone from flying otherwise, no more air shows & demos at all. If you can understand, it's unnecessary to keep talking like this and derail thread.... in-fact a disservice to the one or many like him that lost their lives on similar occasions in past.

I don't believe Hamid Qadri was doing any aerobatics when he crashed.....

Well said.

A piece of somewhat better news is that the body has been recovered intact Alhamdullilah.

The aircraft didn't hit in a complete nose dive. It was a belly hit.

Janaza of Wg. Cmdr Nauman Akram is to be held at AHQ, Islamabad at Maghrib.
Could've made it had he had a few hundred feet to his advantage. Still tragic and yet seen this happen before around the world. His last maneuver apparently was his mistake. May he rest in peace.

I'm sure you have heard of cases where ejection seats malfunctioned even when aircraft were static...killing the occupants. Flying is dangerous in all it's forms.
main-qimg-6f204cabab5d69531f95b9b1a35cac1e.webp

A missing man formation would be the best tribute.

Hey windy send me a PM,wanted to send you something. Don't know how to send PM's here.

I don't believe Hamid Qadri was doing any aerobatics when he crashed.....

Hamid Qadri died when his F.7's engine flamed out,from what I heard he ejected but his chute didn't open.

Accidents do happen. Its a part of job. Michael Schumacher is a living (dead) example as he is in coma for years now. Ofcourse it hurts, but guys our pilot left the world doing what he chose for his life and what he loved the most, flying that too an F-16 !

Its a huge loss, apparently from the videos it seems like he ejected but when its time to go, its time to go. Some leave today, others wait for tomorrow, us included! Just because an accident happened on an Autobahn doesnt result in speed limits on it! May God be our protector!

Back
Top Bottom