What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

And they intend to fly Mirages till 2030, fools really, they (PAF) should demand money from government directly, it is a matter of national interest, these pest politicians have fcked our economy and military badly, current rose mirages as just “dil bhelana”. They should be scrapped as soon as possible instead of driving a 1980 mehran with all the noises and problems. Procure J-10.

Block 3 bhi agay jaye jara hai, hamare pilot koi sastay nai hain jo in ghatia machinon par apni zindagi ke sath khelrahe hain.
This long training is all because of the motivation our pilots have to serve Pakistan, can they serve in war if they die before it just on a scrap aircraft ?
with the current economic condition we simply can not afford to buy any fighter. previous governments were corrupt and this one is incompetent.

that's how the corrupt politicians lead to a poor economy and adversely affects the military capability as well. paf is forced to fly 50 year old junk today as the government is unable to provide for them newer more capable platforms against an enemy which is spending billions on its military. if we look at the top 15 air powers of the world we will find PAF to be flying the most outdated air crafts. even other muslim countries like turkey, saudi arabia, egypt, UAE and Qatar have better air crafts in their inventory. we are mainly relying on 76 F-16s out of which only 18 are new and about 110 JFTs, an air craft still not at par with F-16, mirage 2000, F-15, rafale etc. as the world is going towards the fifth gen jets it seems PAF will be more handicapped but unfortuantely who cares in this country.
Why is everyone assuming that the crash was due to technical issues related to age of the aircrafts? The last two crashes were two seaters and could have crashed due to pilot errors. A lot of countries, including developed ones like USA, Japan, Switzerland, Turkey and Brazil are still flying jets of the same vintage as the Mirage I.e the Phantom, F5, B52 etc.

It was a Mirage V EF of 27 Squadron and S/L Omar Cheema successfully ejected from the stricken jet.
There seems to be an extended exercise in operation.

with the current economic condition we simply can not afford to buy any fighter. previous governments were corrupt and this one is incompetent.
Quit derailing the thread with your political rants.

Good to know that the pilot is safe. I wish him speedy recovery. I hope & wish that JF-17 Block-3 would replace the old aircraft as soon as possible. Since JF-17 can not replicate all the roles of Mirages, I agree with @Mrc that there is a dire need for dedicated strike aircraft. However I do not see that happening soon enough.

Quit derailing the thread with your political rants.

Good to know that the pilot is safe. I wish him speedy recovery. I hope & wish that JF-17 Block-3 would replace the old aircraft as soon as possible. Since JF-17 can not replicate all the roles of Mirages, I agree with @Mrc that there is a dire need for dedicated strike aircraft. However I do not see that happening soon enough.
its not a rant .its a reality. our pilots are forced to fly obsolete jets as we cant afford new one. someone is responsible or may be many are responsible for that. 2 jets lost in 2 months. that's not something good.

its not a rant .its a reality. our pilots are forced to fly obsolete jets as we cant afford new one. someone is responsible or may be many are responsible for that. 2 jets lost in 2 months. that's not something good.
1 plane a month is not good from a point of losing a training and a specialized asset, however it is not bad either.

Cant look at a crash in isolation. While it is an older aircraft, it has not surpassed its structural life nor the operational viability. Can anyone here say with confidence or guess work how many hours have the Mirage fleet flown since the last crash in 2017?

From where this incompetent Govt bring money?? When you have to repay 28 billion $$ next two yrs?? Ask Gen kiyani and kana judges who installed these corrupts and incompetent leaders on pak.

Quick fix is try to get used F-16s as many as U can from US there is no short cutt in this issue.

There are very few other avenues anyways if Pakistan wants to replace its medium weight aircraft. J-10Cs or any new fighter will be upwards of $60-80MM a piece. PAF will try to be as economical as it can be, and hence keep its Mirages on the front lines for another decade as they go through MRF and are rebuilt. The PAC output for JF-17 at 12 aircraft a year is slow enough for Pakistan to be able to afford a certain number of jets a year without breaking its bank. It also means PAF will utilize as much of the airframe life of F-7Ps and F-7PGs as it can. Given that the first 14 Block IIIs wont be inducted until early 2022 sometime, it means the force structure is not going to change dramatically either.
The only semi-affordable way to replace any of the oldest Mirages (Mirage VPAs & VPA2/s) is to induct used F-16s. The AZM project wont yield any fruits until about 2040 so that is a long term program. By then the older F-16AM/BMs will need to be replaced as well.

Some Planes are very old.The have completed their life .Obviously, such planes are risk.
Budget constraint is main reason.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom