What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

What is the role of F-7s and F-7ps in modern-day warfare? Do they bring anything good on the table or will be just sitting ducks in an encounter with a 4th gen BVR capable fighter?

Can someone please shed some light on the role of F-7s in PAF?

I suspect they still fly them because we don't have replacement aircraft yet. You might as well have trained pilots who can fly older jets, rather than no trained pilots at all. In terms of conflict, the IAF still operates plenty of old junk too, the Mig-21 and Jaguars. Also in conflict they could be used to do bombing runs in low intensity areas. It's limited, but it's better than nothing. Once these are replaced with JF-17's our capabilities will increase massively.

82504085_2929555673755395_7140335051736088576_n.jpg

81699058_1041566766196262_5471385578840784896_n.jpg

How does dual election work? Is it a single pull by either of the cords of 2 seats or both are independent ? Since ejection means breaking through the canopy so does it require same timings for both ?
@Hodor

both pilots have their own ejection handle. Canopy explosive charges release canopy without waiting for the second pilot handle.

إِنَّا لِلَّهِ وَإِنَّ إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُونَ

I suspect they still fly them because we don't have replacement aircraft yet. You might as well have trained pilots who can fly older jets, rather than no trained pilots at all. In terms of conflict, the IAF still operates plenty of old junk too, the Mig-21 and Jaguars. Also in conflict they could be used to do bombing runs in low intensity areas. It's limited, but it's better than nothing. Once these are replaced with JF-17's our capabilities will increase massively.

Thats what I was thinking too that they are there just to cover numbers and will be replaced as soon as we have a replacement option.

So sad. May his soul rest in peace.

It seems pilots ejected but the impact was severe. May Allah bless shaheeds. Ameen.
The impact on the right side of helmet indicates that they failed to eject, the helmet is all messed up but there are apparently no signs on top of it which indicates no ejection and hence direct impact from right side to the ground/crash.

I could still be wrong, could be that he managed to eject but parachute issues and direct fall...

R.I.P Brave Warrior.
Squadron Leader Haris Bin Khalid The Fallen Hero Who Embraced Martyrdom In An Unfortunate Crash Of F7

81702245_1301605590038097_4164653603077750784_o.jpg
Seems a decent man,
May Allah give him highest ranks amongst martyrs as well as the Flying Officer Ammad and give sabr to their Families and Make them a source of inspiration for the young cadets, Officers as well as senior officers.

Back
Top Bottom