What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

I saw a video when PAF pilot bailed out during takeoff inside the airbase since there is no risk of civilian casualty, jet was extremely slow and low in altitude but pilot successfully bailed out with minor injuries.Which proves our pilots are well trained in every aspect of flying and other things but the real reason behind to save the civilian population is became a legacy since many older generation pilots do that to try till last minutes to save the air craft.

It is a matter of legacy not to eject rather than training or fault in a ejection system.

F-7 crash video

Another proof where PAF male pilot eject safely while female student not survive the impact of force during ejection.

@Khafee @Irfan Baloch
yea I have seen first video.. seems like the jet lost energy and stalled .. true that pilot ejected.. hence I used the term almost 100% death record

I mean it is quiet a dismal record when we can count in few fingers where pilot survived compared to hundreds of deaths

yea I have seen first video.. seems like the jet lost energy and stalled .. true that pilot ejected.. hence I used the term almost 100% death record

I mean it is quiet a dismal record when we can count in few fingers where pilot survived compared to hundreds of deaths
Pakistan is a densely populated country hence many flights took place over heavily populated area and above all due to early pilots acts to save the air craft or the population till the last seconds becomes the legacy so the newer generation is not willing to break it. Since they are regarded as martyrs and heroes rather then being subject of rigid interrogation how and when it happened.

Pakistan is a densely populated country hence many flights took place over heavily populated area and above all due to early pilots acts to save the air craft or the population till the last seconds becomes the legacy so the newer generation is not willing to break it. Since they are regarded as martyrs and heroes rather then being subject of rigid interrogation how and when it happened.

Fighter pilots by nature are a very tough breed. PAF pilots are no doubt best of the best. From my personal experience I can tell you that facing a board of inquiry is like water on a ducks back. They have it drilled in their head from day one that "lives matter", and it is this doctrine that makes sure they fight till the last second. Legacy is something you think about in leisure, in the cramped cockpit of an out of control aircraft, you do not have that luxury.

They can't fly forever, they are old. Even the ones that have been upgraded are still prone to crashing due to age.

ryt but my point was that i am use to hearng that pak airforce has excelent maintainance and keeping srandards and their aircrafts dun crash like they have been crashing specially in last quater and now again, may be paf is straining them too much recently

ryt but my point was that i am use to hearng that pak airforce has excelent maintainance and keeping srandards and their aircrafts dun crash like they have been crashing specially in last quater and now again, may be paf is straining them too much recently

That certainly may be the case.

But, there comes a time when even the most efficient maintenance regime and procedures cannot prevent an otherwise old air craft from inflight parts and system failure ... due to the cumulative fatigue on the frame and constituent subsystems.

Although not all of these air frames are 40 years old some are less old, but they were still quite old. Furthermore, in PAF an aircraft is shared by multiple pilots from the squadron ... always has been the case ... so they are subjected to more flying hours and due to which the probability of accumulated fatigue effect setting in is increased.

Even in the west ... relatively newer fighters have suffered accidents ... but fatalities are less because they made sure that urban population did not come near the older air bases.

In Pakistan ... most air bases are now surrounded by populated areas (extremely poor sightedness of the civilian development authorities) due to which pilots tend to delay their ejection till they can be sure (as much as possible) that the aircraft will not fall over populated areas.

Video : http://dunyanews.tv/en/Pakistan/357239-PAF-Mirage-aircraft-crashes-in-Karachi

A Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Mirage jet crashed near Karachi's Musharraf Colony area on Tuesday, police said, adding the pilot Fayyaz has been killed.

"A Mirage plane crashed near Musharraf colony," Senior Superintendent Police city confirmed.

5805c6f28fcf4.jpg

The site of the crash. ─ DawnNews

Mirage-AIrcraft.jpg

The aircraft of the PAF took off from Masroor Base and crashed during flight at Musharraf Colony, it was reported.

The jet was on a routine operational training mission when it crashed, a spokesperson from PAF said.

Rescue teams have reached the site of the crash.

"No loss of civilian life and property has been reported on ground," a press release by PAF stated.

"A board of inquiry has been ordered by Air Headquarters to determine the cause of accident," it added.

This is a developing story that is being updated as the situation evolves. Initial reports in the media can sometimes be inaccurate. We will strive to ensure timeliness and accuracy by relying on credible sources such as qualified authorities and our staff reporters.

It is a matter of legacy not to eject rather than training or fault in a ejection system.

F-7 crash video

Another proof where PAF male pilot eject safely while female student not survive the impact of force during ejection.

@Khafee @Irfan Baloch

Hi,

It is not a matter of Legacy---if it is---then it is tantamount to treason---destruction of national property---not the machine---but the pilot in itself---.

Hi,

I think that there is a serious problem with Paf with deaths happening in these crashes where a pilot can walk away from the crash after ejecting from the aircraft---.

As for the death of the female pilot---we would need to know the type of injuries she had---was it an impact to the ground injury or a broken neck due to ejection speeds.

When the seat is Zero Zero ejection seat---that would mean that the female pilot should have landed safely----but if her neck broke---then she may not have been physically strong---did not have strong muscles built up during training.

RIP !!!!

Our Senior air force authority should take some serious action in this regards,
i think this is 3rd incident in 2016. Pilot life is much more expensive than anything and simply government and our Air force is playing with life just because of these RUSTY machines - we have completely useless machines/Jets and i use to hear that we are the Best Air force bla bla.
if we are going to use these machine's against SU30MKI, mirage 2000 or whatever is in line.

for God sake stop making fool your nation and safe our Expensive treasure (Pilots) life.
Beggar government and useless ACM.

This is happening because of us all we are keep quite watching corruption after corruption money is draining on unproductive still we are quite. On its own, defense forces of Pakistan particularly PAF have continue to do wonders from the beginnings. Light to heavy modification on existing OLD platforms. The technical team is remarkable and international excepted efforts towards modernization specially its fleet. After all they are flying what they can have in the current inventory. Good economic condition, institutional efforts to keep upgrading, and right decisions on time keep these accidents to minimum. As faults happen from motorbike to aircraft. Pray for Shaeed.

then she may not have been physically strong---did not have strong muscles built up during training.
really shows your knowledge base

its my feeling but is it the fact that our pilots eject late trying to safe aircraft ..or is sit simply bad luck, but we have relativly more deaths per crash

Cause should be determined. Blame game is child mentality. Chinese are especially meticulous at maintenance of jet fleet. They use to say 'We know better what We have designed'. Chinese wisdom.

really shows your knowledge base

its my feeling but is it the fact that our pilots eject late trying to safe aircraft ..or is sit simply bad luck, but we have relativly more deaths per crash

Son,

Don't write stupid----. I have already met the first pakistani pilot who broke / fractured his neck after ejection due to ejection forces and survived---and that was in 1984-85 in Ogden Utah when he was based at Hill AFB.

The seat is zero zero---means that at even zero elevation zero sped it has safe ejection---. Being a female pilot---she may have a much higher tendency to break the neck if she has not done heavy workout to build up neck muscles.

Until and unless the autopsy report is not released and proves otherwise---I highly suspect that the pilot officer Marium died of a broken neck---.

A malfunction of the ejection seat is also possible---but when too many deaths start to happen---there are some very very serious issues inthe mechanical / technical dept of Paf.

Try to understand that presently due to ongoing exercises, these aircrafts are being pushed beyond limits.

CvCCfCMWAAAEy3n.jpg
I don't understand this explanation, why would the PAF be intentionally pushing their a/c beyond their limits? Limits exist for a reason, if one is pushing them "beyond" accepted safe parameters they are only inviting disaster.

Back
Top Bottom