What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

PAF plane crash kill one in Mianwali
Updated at: 1309 PST, Friday, May 29, 2009
KANDIYAN: A plane of Pakistan Air Force crashed on a rooftop of a house in Moosa Wali area of Piplan, killing one woman, injuring at least six people, the sources said Friday.

Relief teams have been sent to the mishap site.

According to a foreign news agency, a PAF plane Chinese-built FT-7 fighter jet FT-7, during a routine operational training mission, crashed near Piplan area of Mianwali.

The plane fell on a house and at least six people including Yasin, Zainab, Nazia and Samina were injured in the accident. The injured have been shifted to District Headquarters MianWali, where Zainab Bibi succumb to injuries.

An air force spokesman said both pilots—Kamran and Musharraf-- ejected safely and that an inquiry had been ordered to investigate the cause of the crash.

Pakistan's air force has a fleet of Chinese aircraft, including F-7PGs and A-5s, US-built F-16s and French Mirages. It recently acquired medium-tech JF-17 or Thunder jets, manufactured jointly by China and Pakistan.

The plane crash damaged at least six houses.

Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif expressed grief over the incident and directed the related departments to help the affected families.

PAF plane crash kill one in Mianwali - GEO.tv

PAF plane crash kill one in Mianwali
Updated at: 1309 PST, Friday, May 29, 2009
KANDIYAN: A plane of Pakistan Air Force crashed on a rooftop of a house in Moosa Wali area of Piplan, killing one woman, injuring at least six people, the sources said Friday.

Relief teams have been sent to the mishap site.

According to a foreign news agency, a PAF plane Chinese-built FT-7 fighter jet FT-7, during a routine operational training mission, crashed near Piplan area of Mianwali.

The plane fell on a house and at least six people including Yasin, Zainab, Nazia and Samina were injured in the accident. The injured have been shifted to District Headquarters MianWali, where Zainab Bibi succumb to injuries.

An air force spokesman said both pilots—Kamran and Musharraf-- ejected safely and that an inquiry had been ordered to investigate the cause of the crash.

Pakistan's air force has a fleet of Chinese aircraft, including F-7PGs and A-5s, US-built F-16s and French Mirages. It recently acquired medium-tech JF-17 or Thunder jets, manufactured jointly by China and Pakistan.

The plane crash damaged at least six houses.

Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif expressed grief over the incident and directed the related departments to help the affected families.

PAF plane crash kill one in Mianwali - GEO.tv
Hm Sad News..not really worried about plane crash as both pilots survived but 6 civilians injured and one died :frown:

Pakistan Air Force's aircraft crashes, 6 civilians injured

ISLAMABAD, May 29 (Xinhua) -- An aircraft of Pakistan Air Force Friday crashed in eastern Punjab province on a routine training mission, both pilots of the aircraft ejected safely.

A fighter-trainer aircraft FT-7 crashed 40 km South of Mianwali in Punjab province, causing damage to three houses and injuring six civilians, according to official Associated Press of Pakistan.

The injured persons were evacuated by a special C-130 aircraft to the garrison city of Rawalpindi for treatment.

A board of inquiry has been ordered by Air Headquarters to determine the cause of accident

Fighter -trainer aircraft FT-7 is just like Pakistan F-7PG aircraft or u can say its older version for trainings.

I think these brids are about to complete their age.

Near future PAF will have to say them good bye.

View attachment b0696ed150495e4a1b39d3472b086466.jpg

50b9f605f4d263e71e23d62af6ff04dd.jpg

Last edited:
The older f-7's will be retired no doubt. However the newer build will be around for a while yet

To some extent you are right. Instead of this site link in Warbirds of India give more compiled information. But we should have one with brief introduction to each shaheed.

Dear Murshad,
Thank you for the kind words you said about going to my web site (one section containing information about Pakistan Air Force Losses and Ejections www.ejection-history.org.uk) and also adding the link to Warbirds of India - the author is a good friend of mine.

I see my site as complimenting other information on the web - not competing. Sharing information leads to greater accuracy and spreading the information to a wider audience.

I can understand your reasons for having introductions to all the PAF Shaheeds. To be able to go to one place would be a good idea. There are of course going to be problems in producing such a list - how much / how little information to include. This doesn't mean an attempt cannot be made

I "googled" "Pakistan Air Force " and then refined the search with "Shaheed" -
Over 40,000 references were returned.
The following link is to the Official Pakistan Air Force web site
Untitled Document

(sadly I see that the site has been targetted by hackers!)

Back to your original point - a short description and photos/photos of each Shaheed -
I have the web space and would be honoured to have such a section available to all. If anyone would like to help me compile the list and this could be built slowly over the next few months (the PAF pages on my web site have taken years to compile).
The Shaheed's details could then be accessed by link from each crash list and also by a direct list of Shaheeds. Each entry could then be built upon and amended, added to over time.

Each update could be reviewed by members of the Forum, and, importantly, where possible, permissions could be sought by people and friends in Pakistan from surviving relatives.
Keeping the respect for those who paid the ultimate price and presenting their details in a dignified manner is paramount.

I will also offer a word of caution here. My site is a global web site and tries to present a balanced account of all losses and ejections without bias.
(I would not like any entry to be sensationalized or controversial.)

Perhaps members of the forum could let me know what they think of a section of the web site for PAF Shaheeds - and if they would be prepared to help with text and photos.
The section will not happen overnight - getting the format and content will take time. It is certainly a worthy task.

I can be reached either by this thread - if that is OK with the moderators and / or by email at mbenshar@aol.com

With respect

Mike Bennett
Project Get Out and Walk
www.ejection-history.org.uk

Perhaps members of the forum could let me know what they think of a section of the web site for PAF Shaheeds - and if they would be prepared to help with text and photos.
The section will not happen overnight - getting the format and content will take time. It is certainly a worthy task.

good idea!

IAF plane with 14 on board feared crashed in Arunachal

Shillong: An Air Force plane with at least 14 people on board has reportedly crashed in the eastern Indian state of Arunachal Pradesh.

According to sources, IAF AN-32 aircraft with eight IAF personnel and six civilians took off from Menchuka in Arunachal Pradesh and went missing shortly after.

IAF authorities fear the AN-32 plane may have crashed.

The AN-32 plane had flown from Dibrugarh in Assam to Mechuka in Arunachal from where it took off again with the civilians for Jorhat at around 2 pm, after which the aircraft went missing, said IAF spokesman Wing Commander P Sahu.

The six civilians were being ferried as part of the IAF plane's regular sortie.

An aerial search operation over the dense forests and mountains of Arunachal Pradesh bordering Bhutan where the plane might have crashed was carried out but neither the wreckage nor bodies could be located, Sahu said.

The search would resume on Wednesday and army and paramilitary personnel in the area have been put on alert.

The AN-32 is a Russian-made transport aircraft which was acquired for the Indian Air Force in the 1980s. It is considered a safe aircraft. The last crash involving an AN-32 was at Delhi in 1999.

Details are awaited.

IAF plane with 14 on board feared crashed in Arunachal

Shillong: An Air Force plane with at least 14 people on board has reportedly crashed in the eastern Indian state of Arunachal Pradesh.

According to sources, IAF AN-32 aircraft with eight IAF personnel and six civilians took off from Menchuka in Arunachal Pradesh and went missing shortly after.

IAF authorities fear the AN-32 plane may have crashed.

The AN-32 plane had flown from Dibrugarh in Assam to Mechuka in Arunachal from where it took off again with the civilians for Jorhat at around 2 pm, after which the aircraft went missing, said IAF spokesman Wing Commander P Sahu.

The six civilians were being ferried as part of the IAF plane's regular sortie.

An aerial search operation over the dense forests and mountains of Arunachal Pradesh bordering Bhutan where the plane might have crashed was carried out but neither the wreckage nor bodies could be located, Sahu said.

The search would resume on Wednesday and army and paramilitary personnel in the area have been put on alert.

The AN-32 is a Russian-made transport aircraft which was acquired for the Indian Air Force in the 1980s. It is considered a safe aircraft. The last crash involving an AN-32 was at Delhi in 1999.

Details are awaited.

sad news!
may God grant them peace in the after life!

I heard that PAF last 8 F-16 since they bought......
Comments required.

many many times we disscus on forum bro just check or use search bar i think last month again we post detaied info abut PAF F-16 crashes.
see info here please
List being compiled

All Pak local news channels are reporting, Army's Mi-17 has crashed somewhere near Paarachanar. Four men have embraced martyrdom. Reason revealed so far is technical error and not hostile firing.

RIP

Did you know that UAE AF has lost 6 block 60s up till today. All crashes because of pilots stupidity. After ejection 4 got medals for saving themselves:lol:

Back
Top Bottom