What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

Not literally from what I've heard from insiders the jet wasn't assembled strongly .. The plane disintegrated in the air due to the same reason..

Our pilots try the save the jet till the end .. And in many cases they don't eject to prevent the plane from crashing into populated areas

anyway can you explain to me why paf engineers do not electric screwdrivers to tight screws/bolts etc. i seen videos but it all hand tightening.

In that case the silver lining in all of this is that it is being integrated into operational usage.

Oscar can you please confirm it is there any crash occur today which is associated with JFT or is it only a rumor ?

anyway can you explain to me why paf engineers do not electric screwdrivers to tight screws/bolts etc. i seen videos but it all hand tightening.

I have no idea .. Don't have a single relative in the airforce .. It's all army.

But considering they are upgrading the production from 16 to 25-26 along with SM & K8.. And building an "Aviation City"... I do hope they are on it or already using it..

The fault wasn't solely PACs but Chengdus aswell the frame wasn't "bolted" strong by the Chinese either..

@Oscar. Knows more..

Not literally from what I've heard from insiders the jet wasn't assembled strongly .. The plane disintegrated in the air due to the same reason..

Our pilots try the save the jet till the end .. And in many cases they don't eject to prevent the plane from crashing into populated areas
now this is scandalous blunder and criminal in nature
no excuse at all. those that approved it flight worthy are as culpable as the ones who did a half arsed job.
good luck with export
this is tragic , shameful and funny at the same time

Oscar can you please confirm it is there any crash occur today which is associated with JFT or is it only a rumor ?
It is currently 1:35 AM in PK, most people are either not going to respond if the news is true; relevant personnel would be busy.

What is important to understand is that the High Mark exersizes generate some of the highest sortie rates for an exercise that in cases surpass any carried out elsewhere. During High Mark 2010, pilots that had averaged 180 hours a year ended up hitting anywhere between 250-300; NOW; here is the more interesting part, unlike many airforces, the PAF has at least 2 pilots to 1 aircraft - which means that both these pilots have to achieve similar hours in the jet, which leads to the jet accumulating hours much faster than it would otherwise.

I cant understand how come the pilot doesn't eject? - he should eject -

Is it PAF doctrine or something ? -
Try to save the plane until last moment? -

Some one explain to me why did the pilot did not eject? -

It was over the sea no population to avoid so what held him up? -

What is this? -
wait for confirmation, i think its fake news no reporting on 1 am news don't assume yourself that your silly thought:hitwall::devil:

now this is scandalous blunder and criminal in nature
no excuse at all. those that approved it flight worthy are as culpable as the ones who did a half arsed job.
good luck with export
this is tragic , shameful and funny at the same time
The information is a little incorrect; it was scandalous but not attributed to maintenance. Call it a case of Jugaar for a system gone wrong.

Addendum: if there was indeed a crash with the claimed 120NM out to sea location; SAR will probably take a while to get there and current weather and sea states are as follows:
Breezy whitecapping conditions with moderate choppy seas. Small short period wind waves.

Winds: WSW 15 to 20 knots.

Seas: WSW 1.7 meters at 6 seconds.

This means that an ejected pilot will have a difficult time staying in the same location @Penguin

It is currently 1:35 AM in PK, most people are either not going to respond if the news is true; relevant personnel would be busy.

What is important to understand is that the High Mark exersizes generate some of the highest sortie rates for an exercise that in cases surpass any carried out elsewhere. During High Mark 2010, pilots that had averaged 180 hours a year ended up hitting anywhere between 250-300; NOW; here is the more interesting part, unlike many airforces, the PAF has at least 2 pilots to 1 aircraft - which means that both these pilots have to achieve similar hours in the jet, which leads to the jet accumulating hours much faster than it would otherwise.

Indeed thats right and I know thats the reason here of wear and tear and that shows the professionality of our crew who are keeping an older aircraft like Mirage in flying condition.

Any ways I can understand what you have told above but I was asking just as I thought you can connect through and extract some news. Lets keep our hopes high and pray that all is a rumor.

I believe that RD-93 is a derivative of an engine which is used at sea by Indian and Russian airforce Migs. So I believe it is built for the purpose I mean sea based operations.

Oscar in my early days I used to live in nazimabad where the landing formation always pass over my home so I am a witness of the sorties they make in a day the CAP they perform in F-6, A-5, F7, Mirage and now in JFT. Since I came to know that how much a sortie cost makes me think we are spending a hell lot of money on preparation and readiness and I think thats going to pay us.

Last edited:
No such news of JFT crash yet however sorties were in evening and around 8p.m. then after, it is complete silence (unusual). Also, low flying airspace closure was announced earlier, in Karachi.

The information is a little incorrect; it was scandalous but not attributed to maintenance. Call it a case of Jugaar for a system gone wrong.

Addendum: if there was indeed a crash with the claimed 120NM out to sea location; SAR will probably take a while to get there and current weather and sea states are as follows:
Breezy whitecapping conditions with moderate choppy seas. Small short period wind waves.

Winds: WSW 15 to 20 knots.

Seas: WSW 1.7 meters at 6 seconds.

This means that an ejected pilot will have a difficult time staying in the same location @Penguin
god help the pilot if he managed to eject. hope he doesnt become victim to sharks or drowns due to rough sea.. or exhaustion. think their gear comes with locator, flares, inflatable and some shark repellents

god help the pilot if he managed to eject. hope he doesnt become victim to sharks or drowns due to rough sea.. or exhaustion. think their gear comes with locator, flares, inflatable and some shark repellents
Sharks are the concern, That area is notorious for it. A/Cdre Middlecoat is assumed to have been lost to them.

Praying that the news is a rumor, hopefully the pilot is safe if God forbids news is correct

Back
Top Bottom