What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

How about something called Murphy's law?

That is always somewhat applicable for sure...we will need to wait and see what the investigation ascertains.

The law worded as it is ....is a bit too absolute for me....but the concept in relation to probability summation through say the swiss cheese model is definitely valid....especially if the time in operation is long enough in relation to the nature of the summation curve.

PAF -> Falco or Shahpar..

Interesting note about the idiots in the less than astute western media and the expected Indian media.. the Shahpar has nothing to do with anything Chinese. I saw the first prototype myself more than a decade ago as mentioned earlier somewhere; In the basement of a KFC in the Defence area..some would remember that in 1998 there were 3 or 4 KFCs in total.

Its a Falco. Obvious from the broken intake which is unique for the zanzoterra engine.

Actually, the founder of IDS where Shahpar and other UAVs( along with a host of backdoor dealings with Israel and other arms vendors) was done was inspired by the Rutan canard designs. He also built something that would not fly, which is chief pilot who I last heard owns a RC shop named Hobby World(not to be confused with the lahore and Isb based Hobby Lobby)in DHA Phase II Karachi said wont..and it did not.

They also were developing a AAM seeker, but then it was mostly guys in coveralls .. all the way back in 1998.

Shahpar is an AWC design, not IDS. The designer is a professor in one of the AF universities. Still has many issues but moving forward. It is not a pirate of Israeli models. Any aeroform can be chosen to build a vehicle.

Unmanned PAF aircraft crashes near Mianwali
SYED SAMMER ABBAS — UPDATED 24 MINUTES AGO
WHATSAPP
7 COMMENTS
PRINT

LAHORE: A Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) crashed near Mianwali on Monday.

A PAF spokesman confirmed the UAV was on a routine training mission when it crashed.

No loss of life or property has been reported as yet, he said.

A Board of Enquiry was ordered by Air Headquarters to determine the cause of the crash.

This is the second PAF aircraft which has crashed over the past week. PAF Flight Lieutenant Omer Shahzad died in an air crash in Khyber Agency's Jamrud tehsil on Saturday when the F-7PG he was flying encountered a technical fault and crashed.
sad, but chuloo no problem... ghirtay hein sheh sawaar he medaanay jung mien....
NEHI TERA NISHAYMUN KUSRAY SULTANI K GOMBUD PUR, THO SHAHEEN HIA BESEERA KUR MODI KI CHITANOO PUR....

It's human error. Either maintenance or pilot error. And please don't use old age as an excuse. Every time the aircraft gets overhauled, it is brought back to manufactures specifications. That is the purpose of overhauling. And besides F-16s are much older than F-7PGs so there's that. Since PAF never officially releases any info on mishaps, we will never know the exact cause of the crash.

It's human error. Either maintenance or pilot error. And please don't use old age as an excuse. Every time the aircraft gets overhauled, it is brought back to manufactures specifications. That is the purpose of overhauling. And besides F-16s are much older than F-7PGs so there's that. Since PAF never officially releases any info on mishaps, we will never know the exact cause of the crash.

Well the F 7 are the AD and CAP workforce of the PAF and hence it clocks more flight time when compared to the F 16s. And F 7s are flown by the young pilots of the PAF. The experienced ones are posted in the F 16s. Perhaps that might be the reason. F 7PGs are based on the MiG 21 which is a very potent aircraft and still gives nightmares to the western forces. A technical snag can be possible, a bird hit or pilot error is possible. But I think the higher flight hours of F 7 PG might have put more stress on components.

Hi for any incident thats why some tools are used such as Why Why Analysis ,4M (Machine ,Man ,Method ,Material)

Its a Falco. Obvious from the broken intake which is unique for the zanzoterra engine.

Shahpar is an AWC design, not IDS. The designer is a professor in one of the AF universities. Still has many issues but moving forward. It is not a pirate of Israeli models. Any aeroform can be chosen to build a vehicle.

I was pretty sure it was IDS since that planform is pretty common and I have seen that. Satuma has something like that as well; although their main product had the cranked biplane arrangement.

Well the F 7 are the AD and CAP workforce of the PAF and hence it clocks more flight time when compared to the F 16s. And F 7s are flown by the young pilots of the PAF. The experienced ones are posted in the F 16s. Perhaps that might be the reason. F 7PGs are based on the MiG 21 which is a very potent aircraft and still gives nightmares to the western forces. A technical snag can be possible, a bird hit or pilot error is possible. But I think the higher flight hours of F 7 PG might have put more stress on components.

I totally understand that they're being used a lot, and it's also true that machinery, and systems can fail due to wear and tear, especially seals, pumps, etc. But things show signs of wear almost all the time, that's why you don't see airliners crashing so often because of equipment failure. Maintenance is highly regulated in Civil. I can bet 99% of airliner crashes in last 5 years were due to human error and not because of unforseen system failure.
All I'm saying is that PAF would have to modify their maintenance practices in light of keeping aging equipment past their service life, maybe inspection needs to be done more frequently.

I totally understand that they're being used a lot, and it's also true that machinery, and systems can fail due to wear and tear, especially seals, pumps, etc. But things show signs of wear almost all the time, that's why you don't see airliners crashing so often because of equipment failure. Maintenance is highly regulated in Civil. I can bet 99% of airliner crashes in last 5 years were due to human error and not because of unforseen system failure.
All I'm saying is that PAF would have to modify their maintenance practices in light of keeping aging equipment past their service life, maybe inspection needs to be done more frequently.

Airliners arent required to pull 7-8Gs regularly.. FYI.

They are built for higher tolerances but also experience much greater stress in shorter intervals than airliners do.

Reported a JF-17 crash by a person in contact with PAF Officer
Any one got that news share details ....

Random Tweets as well
@Windjammer

screenshot-twitter.com 2016-09-27 23-55-04.png

Back
Top Bottom