What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

Man!!!why couple of technical issues in r recent day.. hope paf will overcome these loses

Strange how these accidents happen in a short period of time. It's happens to air forces the world over.

This is not an official picture of accident but it seems like some V tail UAV which we don't have in our arsenal.

That is right PAF should took this seriously.

That looks more like an American Reaper. Nothing like the one in the first video.

Strange how these accidents happen in a short period of time. It's happens to air forces the world over.
Yes but paf is more professional and technical advance but in these days it's faced few errors

That looks more like an American Reaper. Nothing like the one in the first video.

True I believe they have taken a file photo to represent an UAV and they just put up which ever the first picture of a crashed UAV they have found. There is a Chinese UAV which is somewhat is equal to the size of Reaper and has a VTail so its a remote possibility if its under testing but its just a speculation.

True I believe they have taken a file photo to represent an UAV and they just put up which ever the first picture of a crashed UAV they have found. There is a Chinese UAV which is somewhat is equal to the size of Reaper and has a VTail so its a remote possibility if its under testing but its just a speculation.

Nah. I know the one you are talking about, but, that has 2 more horizontal tailplanes and the position of that jet intake is also not right. So most probably dumb journos picking up any uav photo.

Aircraft crashes are exactly why drones are starting to be used heavily by nations such as Pakistan. If a manned plane crashes, you lose the aircraft and potentially a pilot, but if you lose a drone aircraft, other than a financial loss, you don't lose anything.

A few crashed UAVs are probably within the acceptable margin of error, especially since Pakistan has been using them so extensively in its war against terrorism, and to guard the borders on its east and west.

Having said all that, Pakistan really should try and hurry the process of replacing its old fleet of F-7s and Mirages. with the thunder. The F-7s should have retired a long time ago, and with Pakistan facing a short fall of up to 190 planes by 2020, it needs to make sure that its capabilities remain in tact.

Good that no life loss.

Through investigation is required as to why 2 failures in short period of time.

Good that no life loss.

Through investigation is required as to why 2 failures in short period of time.
How about an operational tempo that has PAF pilots near insomnia and on the edge. The number of sorties being flown and hours logged is almost equal to the flying done in the past 6 months. Flight safety is paramount, but so is Murphy's law.

Not 100% sure...but they should be quite similar since they come from same base heritage. I doubt the Chinese back then saw fit to change much in the reverse engineering of that. Dont mess with the crucial life-dependent stuff unless you really know what you are doing and have time and money to do extensive testing.

Now you can always add more stuff on top (like say wire based actuators for redundancy if you are willing to take a hit on the weight and volume penalties (if its even possible to do so in the first place).

A somewhat interesting story is that they did this for the original B-52 when it was first introduced as the hydrualics felt too "Easy" for the pilots that had converted from WW2 era bombers....so they figured hey its extra redundancy anyway....and put in mechnanical actuators as well both to toughen up the feel and also act as backup.

As pilots eventually rotated through the generations, they changed back to hydraulic only with an upgrade and added redundancies based on that. Its always a lot easier and forgiving on a large aircraft when you have space and weight to work with.

On a fighter jet or small aircraft in general, its a premium....given the performance envelope is quite sensitive.

Yah I don't think its a maintenance based issue at all....given PAF and PAC are professionally run. It is probably a one-off unique thing given the age of the airframes/engines and certain small factors all coinciding by random chance. It will need to be investigated to see if any issue exists beyond age related general attrition.

Basically past a certain age, almost all aircraft (esp performance/payload based) are somewhat living on borrowed time. A dedicated maintenance and inspection/overhaul regimen can mitigate it....even substantially (though it depends, and the cost/benefit has to be analysed especially as time progresses)....but the basic issue will always be there given things like micro cracks, corrosion voids in inaccessible places (and complete change of these will probably cost more than just buying a new a/c).

How about something called Murphy's law?

Its either Shahpar or Burraq.
PAF -> Falco or Shahpar..

Interesting note about the idiots in the less than astute western media and the expected Indian media.. the Shahpar has nothing to do with anything Chinese. I saw the first prototype myself more than a decade ago as mentioned earlier somewhere; In the basement of a KFC in the Defence area..some would remember that in 1998 there were 3 or 4 KFCs in total.

PAF -> Falco or Shahpar..

Interesting note about the idiots in the less than astute western media and the expected Indian media.. the Shahpar has nothing to do with anything Chinese. I saw the first prototype myself more than a decade ago as mentioned earlier somewhere; In the basement of a KFC in the Defence area..some would remember that in 1998 there were 3 or 4 KFCs in total.

Yups, Shahpar has no Chinese equivalent. Its totally inhouse production.

The big wreckage pic wing design is more corresponding to Shahpar plus at one place it shoes what looks like to be the unique wing design which we see on Shahpar or Burraq.

More extensive sorties and flying hours because of on going PAF exercise. The operational capabilities of all the planes,drones will be 4-5 times more than normal days. Problems, shortcomings will be exposed and that's what exercises/testing is all about.

Yups, Shahpar has no Chinese equivalent. Its totally inhouse production.

The big wreckage pic wing design is more corresponding to Shahpar plus at one place it shoes what looks like to be the unique wingtip which we see on Shahpar or Burraq.
Actually, the founder of IDS where Shahpar and other UAVs( along with a host of backdoor dealings with Israel and other arms vendors) was done was inspired by the Rutan canard designs. He also built something that would not fly, which is chief pilot who I last heard owns a RC shop named Hobby World(not to be confused with the lahore and Isb based Hobby Lobby)in DHA Phase II Karachi said wont..and it did not.

They also were developing a AAM seeker, but then it was mostly guys in coveralls .. all the way back in 1998.

Back
Top Bottom