What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

Hydraulics failure,engine catching fire,engine stall and aircraft suddenly stops responding to control.

A hydraulic system failure has some stages. In the minimal failure, the pilot may not manoeuvre left or right, the max failure will also decline ability to make the a/c climb. But this can be overcome by use of aircraft engine, by decreasing or increasing power, the pilot can manage to land the plane atleast.
Is hydraulic failure dependant on oil used? the pistons wear out?

engine stalling and catching fire is a mechanical problem? what kind of engines are used in F-7's?

@Nilgiri , your insight too plz.

i think the f-7s needs to be grounded ASAP,keep the mirages, thunder and f-16s, they need get their hands on some used f-16s in numbers like yesterday

i think the f-7s needs to be grounded ASAP,keep the mirages, thunder and f-16s, they need get their hands on some used f-16s in numbers like yesterday

This was a PG not the F7P which need to be grounded soonest.

14484985_1189472547779995_8085073015070757633_n.jpg

A hydraulic system failure has some stages. In the minimal failure, the pilot may not manoeuvre left or right, the max failure will also decline ability to make the a/c climb. But this can be overcome by use of aircraft engine, by decreasing or increasing power, the pilot can manage to land the plane atleast.

engine stalling and catching fire is a mechanical problem? what kind of engines are used in F-7's?

F-7 uses LMC (Liyang) WP7B(BM) turbojet (43.2 kN; 9,700 lb st dry, 59.8 kN; 13,448 lb st with afterburning) in F-7M;
LMC WP13 turbojet (40.2 kN; 9,039 lb st dry, 64.7 kN; 14,550 lb st with afterburning) in J-7 III/F7-3; WP13F (44.1 kN; 9,921 lb st dry, 64.7 kN; 14,550 lb st with afterburning) in F-7PG.

Again Noob read before U post. U call me idiot and U wanna report? U troll and U wanna report? Go ahead do it....
Now shoo off and dont let the door hit u.
Do I care what you think ?? All the members are well aware of my credibility here, so bugger off

It depends on how serious the hydraulic failure is. If its a complete failure, the pilot will be trained to do emergency procedures....but he will need enough altitude for this to work...2 engines also really helps here to do throttle based yawing. If partial flight controls are available, thats also good too...some aircraft have redundancies (i.e physical mechanical systems) but they generally need the a/c to be flying as slow as possible (without stall) so the pilot can operate them given the dynamic pressures involved.

Some oils/fluids are better than others for long term performance, but it should not be a major issue....as long as routine maintenance is done.

Now if the engine fire is what prompted the hydraulic failure...then that is generally very bad news because a serious engine issue + loss of hydraulic pressure means the aircraft will be completely uncontrollable even theoretically. Thats when you have to bail out if its a single engine aircraft, no real choice there.

Last edited:
It depends on how serious the hydraulic failure is. If its a complete failure, the pilot will be trained to do emergency procedures....but he will need enough altitude for this to work...2 engines also really helps here to do throttle based yawing. If partial flight controls are available, thats also good too...some aircraft have redundancies (i.e physical mechanical systems) but they generally need the a/c to be flying as slow as possible (without stall) so the pilot can operate them given the dynamic pressures involved.
I am not well versed on F-7 hydraulics and control systems. They are same ones as Mig-21 of IAF? or completely different?

Some oils/fluids are better than others for long term performance, but it should not be a major issue....as long as routine maintenance is done.
Considering PAF maintenance standards, quality of oils shouldnt be an issue.

Now if the engine fire is what prompted the hydraulic failure...then that is generally very bad news because a serious engine issue + loss of hydraulic pressure means the aircraft will be completely uncontrollable even theoretically. Thats when you have to bail out if its a single engine aircraft, no real choice there.
WP13F engine seems a chinese engine. I think these can be overhauled at PAC.

F-7s are good for base air defense
it won't survive a shoot out with Rafales
Why do you guys talk present scenario with something at least five years away.
On the contrary one could argue what chance does India's present fleet has against the latest F-16s.

only the lucky ones and chosen ones are selected for the honor of shahadat

This was a PG not the F7P which need to be grounded soonest.
PG were meant for 20 years too,not more, i think keeping them beyond 2020 would create issues as well
airforce needs to be lean and lethal rather than old and bulky..

Back
Top Bottom