What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

PAF seriously needs to ground the old dying fleet & replace them. I don't know why J10B was shelved by PAF, they could had been used to replace most of the dying fleet of PAF. Now we are also well aware on the status of SU35, we won't be seeing them in PAF colors, so PAF needs to work on options in hand.

I seriously hate this, these training flights killing people. What the hell! If the machinery of these aircrafts is so rusty why doesn't PAF get rid of them. Why do we have to hear such news time and again and all these deaths of pilots?
Pilot killed as PAF fighter jet crashes in Khyber Agency
By Iftikhar Firdous
Published: September 24, 2016
342SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
A pilot of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) was killed on Saturday as his fighter jet crashed in Jamrud, Khyber Agency.

“The pilot of the aircraft Flt Lt Omer Shazad sustained fatal injuries,” the military’s media wing ISPR said. The PAF aircraft was on a routine operational training mission.

“No loss of civilian life and property has been reported on ground,” the statement added. A board of inquiry has been ordered by Air Headquarters to determine the cause of the accident.

Officials claim the aircraft crashed due to a technical fault. Speaking toThe Express Tribune, a senior official of the political administration said, “A team of Swat scouts and Levis officials have been sent to the site of the incident.”

JF-17 inducted in multirole squadron

Last year, a PAF fighter jet F7-PG crashed near Mastung during what officials described as a routine training operation. According to a spokesperson for PAF’s Samungli Airbase in Quetta, “The F7-PG fighter jet was on a routine training mission when its engine caught fire and crashed on a fray near Mastung.”

I think its first air crash this year, past year there was one crash too.
Both were F7PG.
One crash per year is definitely not bad record ............
Compared to our neighbor who lost 2 aircrafts in a month and one barely survived few days ago :D
There was no need to compare since India uses more fighters. Anyway you lost 3 fighters last year not one. We too.

Guys do consider how many hundreds of extra sorties are currently taking place . Some technical snag is bound to hit somewhere.

View attachment 337467

That was the gut feeling I was having for last few days because exercises are underway and border is hot too so I was expecting some news as we all know that we are flying Mirages and F7-PG which are relatively old airframes then the other ones.

Tragic loss, we really need to expedite JF17 inductions which has an excellant flight safety record compared to the outdated F7's. Its been a long time since the last JF17 squadron was inducted, the rate is slow.

This exercise is all about near to war time operations where extensive sorties are generated day n night so even if GOD FORBID we loose 1,2 more of our birds then its pretty much normal with such extensive operations (in case of war) like @Windjammer Sir pointed out. May ALLAH accept the Shahadat of the Pilot n grant him highest places in Jannat-ul-Firdous. AAMEEN. Indeed he was a good lad.

I seriously hate this, these training flights killing people. What the hell! If the machinery of these aircrafts is so rusty why doesn't PAF get rid of them. Why do we have to hear such news time and again and all these deaths of pilots?

Plz consider what I pointed above.

How many pilots where present in the plane???

image.jpeg

Oooh it was sad to hear the dead of the pilot.

The plane looks obsolete . Pakistan should upgrade them or change them

Back
Top Bottom