What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

PAF jet crashes during routine night mission training
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Air Force has reported with deep regret that an F-7 Fighter Aircraft, on a routine operational night training mission, crashed 5 miles south west of PAF Base, Mushaf (Sargodha).

The Pilot of the aircraft ejected safely, and no loss of civilian life or property has been reported.

A board of inquiry has been ordered by Air Headquarters to determine the cause of accident.

ONLINE - International News Network

Allah ka shukar hai pilot safe hai

Ameen friend!

Dear Forum members,

It is always sad to hear of an aircraft crash. It is good to hear that the pilot ejected safely and that there were no ground injuries.

I have a list (I do not claim it is complete) of Pakistan F-7 losses and ejections at the following web site

Pakistan_F-7P

I would be grateful if anyone can help complete the details of these losses (or any other Pakistan Air Force Loss) and of the pilots who flew them. Maybe some forum members flew the F-7 and can add a comment about the aircraft, and, if they ejected, a word about their experiences.

With respect

Mike Bennett
Project Get Out and Walk
www.ejection-history.org.uk

Dear Forum members,

It is always sad to hear of an aircraft crash. It is good to hear that the pilot ejected safely and that there were no ground injuries.

I have a list (I do not claim it is complete) of Pakistan F-7 losses and ejections at the following web site

Pakistan_F-7P

I would be grateful if anyone can help complete the details of these losses (or any other Pakistan Air Force Loss) and of the pilots who flew them. Maybe some forum members flew the F-7 and can add a comment about the aircraft, and, if they ejected, a word about their experiences.

With respect

Mike Bennett
Project Get Out and Walk

we had one T-37 crash in jan 2008 where the pilot stayed in the cockpit to save lives on the ground, he could have ejected and saved his life:(
i am sure other members will be helpful providing full details..

A T-37 Jet Trainer aircraft of PAF while on a routine training mission, crashed near Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute of Engineering Sciences and Technology Topi, Distt Swabi said a PAF Press release on Tuesday. The pilot of the aircraft Pilot Officer Jahanzeb embraced Shahadat.

Last edited by a moderator:
its hurt me wow t-33 of paf write by some one as like this?

20th August 1971
Bangladesh Air Force Lockheed T-33
'Bluebird'. Karachi, Pakistan Attempted to fly the aircraft to join the liberation movement of Bangladesh. His fellow pilot regained control of the aircraft that subsequently crashed killing both crew. Each crew member became a martyr for their own country

Shaheed M. Matiur Rahman died in crash
Rashid Minhas Shaheed died
http://www.ejection-history.org.uk/Country-By-Country/Bangla_Desh.htm in crash

Dear Sir,
I am the author of the ejection web site.

No offence was intended by the entry into the Bangla Desh Air Force.
I will amend the information to show that the aircraft belonged to the Pakistan Air Force.

I believe that it is correct that when Matiur Rahman attempted to fly the aircraft from Pakistan territory to Bangla Desh, Rashid Minhas, the other pilot in the aircraft regained a degree of control and in the ensuing struggle the aircraft crashed.

Each pilot was seen as a martyr but by the opposing sides.

I have made preliminary amendments to the web entry.

I would be grateful if you, and / or others, could help draft an accurate brief of the events that will be historically accurate and acceptable to the site visitors.

With respect

Mike Bennett
Project Get Out and Walk
England

Dear Sir,

I will amend the information to show that the aircraft belonged to the Pakistan Air Force.

I believe that it is correct that when Matiur Rahman attempted to fly the aircraft from Pakistan territory to Bangla Desh, Rashid Minhas, the other pilot in the aircraft regained a degree of control and in the ensuing struggle the aircraft crashed.

I would be grateful if you, and / or others, could help draft an accurate brief of the events that will be historically accurate and acceptable to the site visitors.

With respect

Mike Bennett
Project Get Out and Walk
England

Hello Mike,

Nice to hear from you again.

There are 2 members of our TT who can give u a historically accurate account of this incident = MuradK and x_man. there may be others and all other written accounts are laced with nationalistic fervour (respectfully). nevertheless Rashid Minhas was a brave pilot who gave the ultimate sacrifice.

From The Story of the Pakistan Air Force - A Saga of Courage & Honour.
page: 615

Pilot Officer Rashid Minhas, Nishan-e-Haider. (= to Victoria Cross)

On the morning of Friday, 20th August 71, P/O Rashid Minhas, a pilot still under training, was in the front seat of a jet trainer (T-33A), taxying out for take-off. An instructor pilot from the same unit forced his way into the rear cockpit, seized control of the a/c and having taken off, haded the a/c towards India. with just some 40m of pakistani territory remaining, Minhas had only had one course open to him to prevent his a/c from entering India. Without hesitation, and living up to the highest traditions of the PAF, Rashid Minhas tried to regain control of the a/c, but finding this to be impossible in the face of superior skill and experience of his instructor, forced the a/c to crash at a point 32m from the indian border. In doing so P/O Minhas deliberately made the supreme sacrifice for the honour of Pakistan and to the service to which he belonged. For this act of heroism above and beyond the call of duty, the President of Pakistan is pleased to award the Nishan-e-Haider (NH) to P/O Rashid Minhas.

Dear Sir,

With respect

Mike Bennett
Project Get Out and Walk
England

sir my concren is there is no t-33 of bangladesh air force that was pakistani t-33 who can we say rashid minhas shaheed was in bangladeshi plane:disagree:

Dear Imran Khan,

I would like to thank you for the note to the forum concerning my error. I would like to point out that the error was mine and I apologize for this.

It is of great importance to me that the information shown on my web site is historically accurate.

The best way to find out what happened is by interviewing or corresponding with "those who were there" and this I try to do.

Where I use publications and other accounts of events I try to extract the facts. Some articles are very even handed, some show bias, and often news papers will produce sensationalist reports.

I try to present the information in a dignified manner that shows respect for those mentioned on the web site and also I am always mindful that behind each name is a "real person" - and each person will have family and relatives and their feelings must be taken into consideration.

I would rather forum members draw attention to errors so that they can be amended for the future.

I have made a preliminary amendment to the web entry about the loss of the Pakistan T-33 and I will produce a short web page in a few days time about the events of that day.

I will also double check other entries related to this loss to ensure the data is correct.

Please, if you or other forum members do see an error, contact me either by the forum (as this allows others to see and hopefully add extra detail) or if a simple mistake (such as a spelling error) by private message or email to mbenshar@aol.com

With respect

Mike Bennett
Project Get Out and Walk

@ Mike Bennett

you have actually done a great job maintaining your website. their might be some errors but its great you are open to fixing it.
most important of all.. isnt it right that your website only suppose to include "ejection attrition"? if thats the case then i think in "T-33" case non of the pilots ejected.
one more thing. 8 PAF F-16s have been lost not 9 and only one was shot down "own goal". i am sure sir Muradk can give us the full details..

regards..

Dear 23march,

Thank you for the quick and positive reply.
The web site is was intended only for ejections.

However - To ensure that I did not miss out any ejections I began adding all the known losses - the intention to then separate the ejections.

During the time the web site has been available and over the many years I have been researching the subject I have had many people requesting that I also include their "loved ones" who sadly did not survive in crashes, even if they did not eject. Many have sent photos.
It is a privilege and honour to do this.

Therefore I made a decision that I would include all known crashes.

I MUST make a better navigation possible on the web site to let people go to the pages that are of interest to them.

I am trying to discover the best way of creating an on line data base so that visitors to the web site can search for who and what they are interested in.
I think this would be a sensible development of the site and would allow to only enter the information once - making it easier to update and amend.

I have also found that "Bail-out" information is not easily available. There are a large number of members of the ""Caterpillar Club" worldwide but no comprehensive lists outside the Parachute manufacturers records (these are not available) -
Many of the "ejectees" are also members of the various parachute users clubs.

Slowly, when I have the time I add to the lists of known Bail-Outs - Eventually I hope to produce an alphabetical index those who used parachutes to save their lives.

All information comes from public domain sources, and when possible from the person who bailed-out.

Concerning the F-16 losses I will revisit the page and see if I can amend the information.

Thank you again for your comments.

I remain

with respect

Mike Bennett
Project Get Out and Walk
England

respected sir i check it now only flag change but name is same sir bangladsh air force writen down the flag of pakistan BAF found at 16 dec 1971 accedent happens at 20 august so who taht was BAF please can you change the name also if you can thatnks
best regards

offical BAF site

It was largely possible due to the sincerity of those members who established the Air Wing of the Liberation War on 28 September 1971 at Dimapur of Nagaland, India. The air wing possessed a scanty inventory of one DC-3 airplane, one Otter airplane and one Alluette helicopter

wikipedia
History

Bangladesh Air Force was officially formed during the Bangladesh Liberation War against Pakistan in 1971. Its official date of formation has been established as September 21, 1971.

ASIA PACIFIC
Date Posted: 10-Oct-2008

Jane's Defence Weekly

Pakistani F-7 fighter crashes

Gareth Jennings Jane's Aviation Reporter - London

A Pakistan Air Force (PAF) CAC F-7 combat aircraft crashed during a routine training mission near Mushaf Airbase, about 150 km southwest of the capital Islamabad, on 9 October.

Pakistani media reported that the Chinese-built single-seat aircraft came down during a night training mission and that the pilot ejected safely. Jane's understands that the aircraft belonged to the PAF's Combat Commanders' School and was an F-7MP variant used for tactics training.

The cause of the crash is not yet known and the Pakistani military has launched an investigation.

This is the fifth regional loss of a CAC F-7 variant aircraft in recent months. On 15 December 2007 a PAF F-7 crashed during a training exercise in the Punjab region. The pilot of a Bangladesh Air Force F-7 was killed when his aircraft crashed some 100 km north of the capital, Dhaka, on 10 April 2008 and, one week later, a PAF F-7 came down during a training mission near Faisalabad. On 21 June a PAF GAIC FT-7 two-seat trainer aircraft crashed during a routine training mission in the Punjab.

The PAF currently operates approximately 190 F-7 variant aircraft, which have been in service since 1988.

© 2008 Jane's Information Group

Back
Top Bottom