What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

Pakistan Air Force F-7PG
October 1st, 2014 While undertaking a routine operational training mission, the aircraft was destroyed in a crash near ...

thats bad news...

Military
  • On October 1, a Pakistan Air Force (PAF) fighter aircraft crashed near Kuchlak around Quetta because of a technical fault. The pilot suffered minor injuries.[9]

F-7PG is relatively new?

Yes F7PGs were inducted in year 2001, as a stop gap measure
But now it seems that they will remain in service till 2030 due to Mis management of economy by PPP-PMLN
PAF requires a force of 450 Fighters
So u have 250 JF17 in future supported by 100 F-16 and possibly 36 5th gen fighters
That still leaves a shortfall of 60+ Jets, which would be fullfilled by either second hand F-16s or Continued service of F7PGs

it was a disaster for my family when we got this news as he was one of our relative, I remember that tragic moment i was in 7th standard.
what are you referring to? who crashed when you were in 7th?? when you got what news? the news about plane that crashed yesterday? you were in 7th grade?

Kindly be a bit more specific what you are referring to.

F-7 should be grounded now. We cannot risk the lives of our fighter pilots now.
we cant just phase out all of them at once. F-7, specially the latter PG version will keep flying for PAF for quite a few years. Some of these planes are only about 12, 13 years into there service life and this is not a lot of time for fighter jets.

Last edited:
what are you referring to? who crashed when you were in 7th?? when you got what news? the news about plane that crashed yesterday? you were in 7th grade?

Kindly be a bit more specific what you are referring to.

we cant just phase out all of them at once. F-7, specially the latter PG version will keep flying for PAF for quite a few years. Some of these planes are only about 12, 13 years into there service life and this is not a lot of time for fighter jets.

on the contrary, PGs have a very good flight safety record, just behind jf-17 and f-16s

on the contrary, PGs have a very good flight safety record, just behind jf-17 and f-16s

and that too with many hours under their belt....this incident is pretty unfortunate though given that its a newer variant. The last major induction took place early 2000s (i want to say 2003, but not sure)

and that too with many hours under their belt....this incident is pretty unfortunate though given that its a newer variant. The last major induction took place early 2000s (i want to say 2003, but not sure)

Pakistan ordered 57 F-7PGs in early 2000 so you are not off the mark.

Training aircraft down after take off on the runway of Islamabad airport

Back
Top Bottom