What's new

Not so secular India

BTW, the "Incredible India" campaign has been one of the biggest success stories as far as campaigns by GOI go.

Incredible India campaign scores, tourism hopes soar

Incredible India campaign's success raises tourism hopes
New Delhi, Nov 17 (IANS):

Incredible India has done it again! Another international award for the campaign - showcasing major holiday destinations - has given a fillip to Brand India and is expected to pull in global tourists in times of recession.

Tourism Minister Kumari Selja had reason to cheer when she picked up the 21st Grand Prix Award in Vienna in Austria last week amid thunderous applause from an international audience that saw the two-minute television commercial.

"The campaign has generated huge interest about Indian tourism products globally and contributed significantly to the growth of tourism in India," she said.

The award - the most prestigious international award that stands for encouraging global tourism through the audio-visual media - was given by the International Tourism Film Festival, an initiative of the Vienna-based "Comite International des Festivals du Film Touristique" (CIFFT).

I would really like to thank the Pakistani friends who help us promote an already very successful campaign.

I hope they keep up the good job. They should even try and get some money for their efforts. ;)

@vinod....you opened another can of worms..or rather insecurities by posting the incredible india link :D

expecting some poverty,caste,hindu nationalist etc related links in less than 5 mins....

excuse me...havent you been doing the same for about 40 pages now....

ahh..the inbuilt pakistani grandstanding....

I am responding to direct personal attacks on me. Unlike the people who start these personal attacks.

Its actually quite funny.

Your need to declare "victory", sucking up to the Chinese (even when they go gaga over the dreaded Modi ;) ), your trying to be an advocate of Indian Muslims here but howling in pain when an Indian Muslim puts you in your place.

Its all see through. You may not realize that in your little closet. But then, its not really new for us.

And yes, I may get cheered by "fellow Indian trolls" for this post as well, however much that may upset you. ;)

BTW, where are the mods who hand out infractions for the "troll fatwa". Is it OK to issue the fatwa for our Islamist, Ummah supporter "think tank"?

Making off-topic remarks is defined as trolling. Several posters, including yourself, have been continuing with this practice despite warnings from the moderator.

As for the Chinese, we share a passion in putting fanatical Indians in their place. Call it a "shared strategic interest" if you will. :)

Making off-topic remarks is defined as trolling. Several posters, including yourself, have been continuing with this practice despite warnings from the moderator.

Fatwa comes naturally to Islamists like you.

I understand that. In your cultural milieu, it is the norm.

My infraction was about issuing the fatwa and not on the appropriateness of the fatwa BTW.

I do understand that probably a "Hindutwa fanatic" issuing a fatwa is an issue, an Ummah supporter Islamist fanatic is eligible to do that. ;)

As for the Chinese, we share a passion in putting fanatical Indians in their place. Call it a "shared strategic interest" if you will. :)

Not sure but to us it is incredibly funny to see the Islamist Pakistanis trying to suck up so bad to the godless kaffir "pork eating" Chinese. And not getting much "bhav".

Our debates with the Chinese may be sometimes hot, sometimes friendly banter and sometimes somewhere in between.

The latter two always creates insecurities and its incredibly funny to see it. ;)

I am responding to direct personal attacks on me. Unlike the people who start these personal attacks.

call it putting you in your place.....and teaching you not to throw stones from already half broken glass houses...if you will :)

btw even that constitutes "the urge to get the last word"...you stand accused of what you accuse others of....now let the state religion of pakistan...denial....kick in...

what I am saying is that, the UPA is filled with more SCAMS than the economic growth that has been accomplished.

Well, sure. I don't know if this is getting too much off-topic but every party has some level of corruption and, in south Asia, it's almost understood.

All I am saying is that the Indian populace has elected UPA majority since 2004 and, since most elections are about economics -- barring an active war, it must mean they trust/give credit to UPA for the economy.

Can you tell me if there is some other factor besides economy which tops the Indian national election agenda?

^^ There was also the minor case of the teachers hands being cut off by Islamic fanatics in Kerala.

Any issues with that? ;)

lol.....Fellow "Indian trolls" , I think you have made your point very well. Maybe its time to push this thread into oblivion?

btw this cracked me up....

somebody is comparing modi's administration in gujarat with upa govt....:rofl:

Weaklings usually do that in India and anti-India lovers do that from outside. It is pretty common.

Blood is secular, people aren’t

Abdul Khaliq examines the seriousness of india’s commitment to fraternity

LAST WEEK, that inveterate hate-monger Praveen Togadia made an impassioned plea for a new Indian Constitution that allows for ‘anyone who converts Hindus to be beheaded’. He went on to assert that ‘we Hindus should include Buddhists, Sikhs and Jains because their line of thinking is no different from Hindus, except for a few small habits’. Is this an isolated fundamentalist rant or the indication of a trend towards an increase in the forces of hatred and division in our society? The preamble to the Constitution is the most noble advertisement of our commitment to secular humanism. It spells out our resolve to be a humane society that will secure justice, liberty, equality for its citizens and promote fraternity. Of these cherished values, the greatest and the most neglected is fraternity, perhaps because it is least amenable to political action. As a wise man once said, the state can prevent me from coveting my neighbour’s property but it cannot oblige me, by law, to love my neighbour. And yet, the success of our pursuit to be a strong, united and civilised country ultimately depends on whether we love one another as brothers. Our prescient Constitution-makers, knowing the importance, underlined fraternity as a key ingredient for building a vibrant democracy.

We have failed dismally in this endeavour. The country today is the hotbed of a million mutinies. Our prime minister has spoken of terrorism as the biggest threat to the nation. Others believe that the long shadow of Maoists over the heartland is our Achilles’ heel. However, there is another insidious, omnipresent and all-consuming poison that is eating into the vitals of the nation — religious prejudice and intolerance. When a bomb explodes and kills innocents, cold fear grips the Muslim community. It knows, from bitter experience, that although terrorism claims affinity to a host of faiths and ideologies, the invariable reaction to a terrorist act is to blame it on an Islamic terrorist group. The grim reality is that only Muslims are made to feel that they have to answer for the perverted deeds of their co-religionists, whereas an equally heinous crime by Norwegian Anders Breivik is rationalised as a case of individual madness that has nothing to do with Christian fundamentalism. Similarly, the terrorist acts of the rightwing Hindu extremists are seen as an aberration. The fact that so-called Islamic terrorism claims many more Muslim victims than others is studiously ignored because it vitiates a neat argument.
The bogus perception of Islam has unfortunately seeped into the law enforcement apparatus. Time and again, the nation is confronted with the unacceptable injustice perpetrated on members of the minority community in the guise of fighting terrorism. After the 2006 Malegaon blasts, 115 Muslims were picked up and all, barring nine, were released after years of incarceration and torture. These nine innocents remained behind bars until last week, despite Swami Asimananda’s confession that it was the handiwork of Hindu extremists. Earlier this year, 63 Muslims who had languished in jail for nine years for alleged involvement in the Godhra train massacre of 2002 were released for want of evidence. The Godhra verdict itself threw up a major paradox. The court on the one hand adjudged that this horrific incident was the result of a criminal conspiracy and on the other came out with the astonishing contradictory ruling letting off the main conspirators who were allegedly instrumental in mobilising the mob on that fateful day. The judge apparently does not subscribe to the dictum that a case is only as strong as its weakest link. Full of loose ends and imponderables, the judgment has done little to inspire confidence and finally clear the air.

In July 2011, 12 Muslim youth, who were implicated for the Haren Pandya murder, were set free after five years as there was no evidence against them. More recently, 21 Muslims who had been implicated for the Mecca Masjid blasts of 2008 were released because they were innocent. Not surprisingly the advocate commissioner who had been appointed by the State Minorities Commission to investigate allegations of police abuse not only confirmed torture but the report also added that the detainees believed that they had been picked up and tortured ‘because they belong to a particular community’. What the years of torture, unfair defamation and separation from their families have done to these broken spirits is impossible to express in words. So acute is the discrimination that Muslims wonder whether they have equal citizenship rights under the law. The most tragic irony is that scores of innocents are behind bars because of their religious affiliations, whereas there are thousands of murderers — the perpetrators of the Sikh killings of 1984, the Mumbai blasts of 1992, the subsequent Mumbai pogrom of 1993, the Godhra train massacre of 2002 and the subsequent Gujarat riots — who are roaming free.

FORMER SUPREME Court judge Markandey Katju recently berated the media for accentuating the false perception about Muslims. He is convinced that the media often twists facts and creates the impression that Muslims are terrorists. Observers have noted that the media is muted and guarded in exposing the atrocities committed by other rightwing extremists. It is significant that the mainstream media ignored the recent revelations by a special director of the intelligence bureau at the conference of the state police chiefs that Hindu extremists have either been suspected or are under investigation in 16 incidents of bomb blasts, which makes Hindutva terror a far bigger phenomenon than previously envisaged. The media, however, continues to portray the Muslim as the archetypal terrorist. Fuelled by prejudice and intolerance, our public discourse has degenerated to the lowest possible level. The most inflammatory and divisive rhetoric has become commonplace. We are all aware of the scurrilous remarks about Muslims made by Subramanian Swamy, who has called for disenfranchisement of Muslims if they did not proudly acknowledge that their ancestors were Hindus. Even the once respected Justice VR Krishna Iyer made this scandalous observation: ‘I do suspect their loyalty. If every Muslim in India feels India to be his motherland and wants to defend it, the police will easily get information about the secret manoeuvres of hostile Muslim elements.’ Can hate and prejudice get more absurd and hurtful than this? Today, the woes of the ordinary Muslim seem neverending. Living as he is on the margins of society, discriminated against in education and the job market, even when looking for accommodation, he is also burdened with the awful stigma of being in tacit collusion with terrorists.
Abdul Khaliq is the General Secretary, Lok Janshakti Party.

Thank god as a muslim I am pakistani and not a secular indian

http://www.tehelka.com/story_main51.asp?filename=Ws191111Blood.asp

Thank god as a muslim I am pakistani and not a secular indian

Yes, and you need to repeat that every day, 5 times at the prescribed timings.

Else, you suddenly start feeling insecure about the identity and justification. ;)

In India humanity has been beyond the boundaries of religion and the example is follows:
Aiku & Akbar: Two religions, one family, and a court approval
SURBHI KHYATI
Tags : Aiku Lal Sandil, Hindu brought up Muslim, Muslim man, Hindu guardian, Shahnaz Begum
Posted: Sun Aug 14 2011, 02:51 hrs
Lucknow:
Fourteen-year-old Akbar’s appeal to the judge to let him remain with his Hindu guardian instead of transferring him to his Muslim mother has shot Aiku Lal Sandil to national headlines. However, for the tea vendor from Baradari, Lucknow, taking in Akbar wasn’t something he thought twice about. Having been raised by a Muslim man himself, Sandil couldn’t just look away when he found the six-year-old lost boy in a Lucknow park eight years ago.
“I am a Hindu brought up by a kind Muslim man. When I found Akbar, it was like God telling me that it is time to return the love and care I got from His people. I was never forced to change my religion and, having got that education from my guardian, it was my duty to take care of the child and bring him up as per his own religion,” Sandil says.

The bond the two share was acknowledged by the Allahabad High Court in January 2008 when it turned down Akbar’s biological mother Shahnaz Begum’s habeas corpus petition. Shahnaz had argued that since Akbar was a Muslim, if Sandil raised him, it would “create dichotomy and disharmony in the social sphere and in their relationship”.
Dismissing her petition, after Akbar said he wanted to live with Sandil rather than his parents, Justice Barkat Ali Zaidi said India is a secular country where the consideration of caste and creed should not be allowed to prevail. “...If there can be inter-caste marriages... there can also be an inter-caste ‘father and son’ relationship and that need not raise eyebrows,” the judge said.

You guyz may find this just by googling so dont ask for link..

I hope people will stop ranting about India not secular...

regards

India is always mob ruled.

Indeed, this is what many foreign observers believe and report. That the disguise is a democracy but it's a democratic system which gives way to mob rule of a Hindu Fundamentalist country. Soon Indian PM will be required to take the Hindu faith and swear to uphold the tenets Bhagavad Gita.

Back
Top Bottom