What's new

Not so secular India

COALITION AGAINST GENOCIDE FOR ACTION OVER SANJIV BHATT ARREST

Published on web at: 2011-11-13 17:45:02 +05:30. Section: Inside India section.
Inside India

In a letter addressed to President Pratibha Devisingh Patil, Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh, and Chief Justice of India Justice S.H. Kapadia, the Coalition Against Genocide (CAG) on October 5 sought their urgent intervention in the case of the arrest of Mr. Sanjiv Bhatt, a distinguished IPS Officer from Gujarat, whose main crime it thinks was speaking the truth about the 2002 violence in Gujarat.

“As incumbents of the three highest offices of the Indian State, we cannot but turn to you at this moment of crisis.... We stand steadfast behind Mr. Bhatt and are committed to launching an international campaign on his behalf in the absence of corrective action by the Central Government to ensure his safety, and to bring an end to this vengeful retaliation against him,” said a statement signed by Biju Mathew, Dr. Hyder Khan and Girish Agrawal for CAG, which represents as many as 35 organisations.

The statement added: “The increasing misuse of the law to harass those on the side of truth has reached crisis proportions in India. Over the last decade the number of whistleblowers who have been put under extreme duress through the misuse of the law against them is a matter of much concern. Mr. Bhatt’s arrest is simply the most recent case, and given the truth at stake, the most egregious one. Such treatment of whistleblowers (several of whom have been killed) positions India as a gross violator of human rights from an international human rights standpoint….

“We respectfully urge you to act without delay. CAG has also decided to move forward, beginning Monday, Oct 10th, with an international human rights campaign unless the matter is seized on by the highest offices of the state. While we are bound by our ethics to stand on the side of truth and justice we sincerely hope that we will not need to launch such a campaign.”

just to lighten the mood....

we r mean, nasty and tired. we eat concertina wire and piss napalm and we can put a round in a flea's rear at 200 meters - :smokin: :lol:

I don't know about you evil Hindoos, but we "Nazi loving" Buddhists "sidekicks" outstrip you in that too.. :P

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

COALITION AGAINST GENOCIDE FOR ACTION OVER SANJIV BHATT ARREST

The statement added: “The increasing misuse of the law to harass those on the side of truth has reached crisis proportions in India. Over the last decade the number of whistleblowers who have been put under extreme duress through the misuse of the law against them is a matter of much concern. Mr. Bhatt’s arrest is simply the most recent case, and given the truth at stake, the most egregious one. Such treatment of whistleblowers (several of whom have been killed) positions India as a gross violator of human rights from an international human rights standpoint….

Foreign-funded NGOs have a record for being anti-India while living off grants given by Indian government in terms of lax rules. Only weakling so-called self-appointed "liberalist" intellectuals call them genuine. The rest of India all over, calls them as traitors.

I don't know about you evil Hindoos, but we "Nazi loving" Buddhists "sidekicks" outstrip you in that too.. :P

I had already retired from this thread but I would like to say this from personal experience:

The most important aspect of a debate is to have an open mind.

To concede when reason beats you and move on

However here it is like an NDTV debate where no summary or conclusions have to be reached

But an open TRP war continues

To fight with reason you have to be reasonable yorself not biased and brainwashed..

only thing i see here in this thread is that some pakistani members are hell-bent to prove that india is not secular. their only excuse is that 1984, 1992 & 2002 happened so india is not secular. couple of unfortunate incidents & india is not secular for them.

only thing i see here in this thread is that some pakistani members are hell-bent to prove that india is not secular. their only excuse is that 1984, 1992 & 2002 happened so india is not secular. couple of unfortunate incidents & india is not secular for them.

They want us to be secularist like Suzanna Arundhati Roy, Medha Patkar, Gautam Navlakha and other bunch of lunatics that are a bane to our country. We cannot be like that.

If I am not supposed to defend my culture and retaliate any against demographic warfare for cheap political gains just to qualify being called "secular"; then I am certainly not "secular". Proud not to be a secularist/left-liberalist coward/traitor (respectively).

Time to make this a STICKY THREAD ....... I mean this form of sticky

888087_f248.jpg

Pakistani members need to read up on what secularism is and what it entails. I'll give you guys a few hints.

1. This does not exist in your country.
2. Secularism does not mean an individual belonging to a particular religion or a belief system has to give up his/her faith and embrace atheism.
3.This does not exist in your country :)

Regards,

we means all dharmic religions bhai...:)

we have always been open to outside ideas, welcomes them...and even they assimilated to most extent and we all comprise india..

we means all dharmic religions bhai...:)

we have always been open to outside ideas, welcomes them...and even they assimilated to most extent and we all comprise india..

I was kidding, man. :lol:. Totally agree. We four branches have the same ancient philosophy.

btw this cracked me up....

somebody is comparing modi's administration in gujarat with upa govt....:rofl:

what the hell!!! Kazhugu is absolutely right! if nothing else, this UPA non=govt has pulled down the growth rate by atleast 2% !!!!:cry:

Sadly this is not the first or the last of such threads. Something that Indians have to understand here is to learn to read their "Psyche".

Number One: Pakistan is not secular and hence they have zero understanding on the word secularism. The way they look at it is like a one way street, that is how Muslims have been affected and how Hindus affected Muslims (In India). The tiny sacrifices that either community makes or even the basics of how Hindus and Muslims can stay on the same street, go to the same college or even have a Hindu professor in a class room filled with students from all religion is foreign to them. Here in lies the problem with such debates, its futile to discuss and describe a phenomenon that is totally alien to them.

Number Two: Most of these guys have been bought up thinking Muslims and Hindus cannot co-exist and hence they were lucky enough to form a nation for themselves. This creates confusion in their mind when they see Muslims in India doing reasonably well, a contradiction to what they believe in. Hence, the need to debate with a "Hindu" Indian. If they ever had the chance to debate this with majority of the Muslim population in India they would shut-up real fast.

There is no point in debating when the other side does not believe or have an idea on the fundamentals of Secularism. This has been proved by the 100s of such threads on the same topic in this forum.

The answer to this debate is very simple...just agree to disagree and move on!

I hereby accept my defeat! My eyes have finally been opened by the pakistani memebers! and I know that India is a pure pseudo-secular country where all the minorities are treated shabbily...

NOW WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO??? :hitwall:

actually i now feel that it pains less in banging my head against the wall than trying to explain the pakistanis!!! Their "links", "individual experiences", "general knowledge", and "convictions" can't be undone by Allah himself!!! Guys, I now realise that I wasted my time, energy and bandwidth trying to explain things to u, when u have already decided that India is an evil demon!!! Nothing can be done with u guys now...

My opinion is such:

India is not completely secular. It has problems with Hindu nationalists (who are also tools for the West). We should acknowledge these problems and discuss how to get rid of them. However, some Pakistani posters use these problems as reasons to take a sanctimonious attitude towards India. This is not justified, since Pakistan is even less secular than India.

Back
Top Bottom