What's new

Not just TikTok, Americans hooked on Chinese apps

sure, but then why is it not ok for the US to apply the same laws and standards to Chinese apps?
So far tiktok is following the standard set by the US. But they can’t comply with made up accusations that don’t exist. You can’t pass conspiracy theories off as law.

like how? on your phone browser?

no but I guess none of them have succeeded in China to raise eyebrows the way tiktok did in the US. I'm using whatsapp just fine tho.
Most apps are pre-loaded in the Phone by the phone maker, so this "How many Download" is absurd, because if you want to talk about apps usage, 10 millions download is not many compare to 150 million apps use of Instagram in the US and 246 million YouTube apps in the US, I have 3 phones (1 current private, old private and company phone) all loaded with YouTube and Gmail apps. I use all of them yet I never downloaded any of them.

You go download is what you go download, and downloaded apps usually does not mean much, the number you want to use is apps usage, because I have had Ebay apps loaded in myt phone a long time ago, and I am still using it.

So far tiktok is following the standard set by the US. But they can’t comply with made up accusations that don’t exist. You can’t pass conspiracy theories off as law.
Actaully, TikTok violate quite a lot of US federal law.

TikTok Violated Children Privacy act back in 2019 and was fined 5.7 million by FTC. Another issue with FTC is they did not follow FTC guidelines for sponsorship (you are by law required to disclose on the apps that if your video was made with sponsorship) this dispute is still ongoing.

And finally, Tiktok settled a class action 2 years ago alleged them illegally sharing data, this would probably be investigated if Tiktok is not banned, not sure if they will do it now.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom