What's new

Not just job reservation: Maharashtra govt scraps 5% education quota for Muslims too

@syedali73

No, it is not fair, if you are referring to the preference that is given to Malays over other ethnicities.

65% Muslim country doing it all.
82% Hindu India does not do this:

So in this case, which country is better?

A sorry state of affairs: Despite 5% quota, minorities remain out of public service – The Express Tribune

The data shows that despite the 5% quota in place, only eight non-Muslims are employed at the State Life Insurance Corporation of Pakistan which works under the Ministry of Commerce.

5% reservation for minorities is there.

If I were to go for Hajj, I would never accept any subsidy for in my view it is unjustifiable. The subsidy comes from the tax payer's money and Hindus, Sikhs, and Christian's tax money must never be used by the Muslims to perform Hajj. Even the Islamic rules do not allow that. Regarding the education, I do not know if it is because Muslims do not want to study or the environment is not conducive.
Dude. In India it doesnt work on basis of my money your money. We r not communal to segregate on such lines. Here its people as a whole and hence any subsidy is from peoples money no matter what sect they come from.

Now, reason of low education of Muslims is acceptability. Fact is, over 50% of Indian muslims are poor and skewed in their thinking. I am excluding the established class muslims coz they are completely essimilated into Indian middle class society.

Now for muslims to take more advantage of govt funds, they need to be in middle class. Now for that they need to have appropriate job or established business for which they need education. And ultimately, for muslims in India education is a challenging scenario. Multiple factors responsible for it. A poor muslim has to deal with a poor hindu and thats where communal lines are drawn. Muslims wud feel religious to learn in madrassa but fact is its nowhere in quality and its degrees arent recognized. U will be shocked but Modi has in his manifesto a provision in enducation department to certify madrassa degrees so that muslims can continue their higher studies in conventional universities. Always think why dint Congress in its 60 years never thot of doing this? ;)

This is Pakistan:

Sagar Masih, who works as a sweeper in a government department in Peshawar, told The Express Tribune he had completed his Bachelor’s degree and despite his qualifications he was appointed as a sweeper.

He claimed Muslims appointed as clerks in his office are less educated than him. “I write applications for them, most don’t even know how to write their names. But here I am cleaning up after them.”

@syedali73

No, it is not fair, if you are referring to the preference that is given to Malays over other ethnicities.

65% Muslim country doing it all.
82% Hindu India does not do this:

So in this case, which country is better?

A sorry state of affairs: Despite 5% quota, minorities remain out of public service – The Express Tribune
It is 51% Malay, remaining are Chinese, Indians (Hindu and Sikhs), and orang asli (native people, mostly Christians). Malays are given preference in government jobs, whereas Chinese make up for it in business (almost 90% or more in Chinese hands). Richest people in Malaysia are not Malays, but Chinese, followed by Sikhs.

Malaysia is better because minorities are not persecuted. No riots, no temples burning, no prohibition on what to eat and what not etc.

It is 51% Malay, remaining are Chinese, Indians (Hindu and Sikhs), and orang asli (native people, mostly Christians). Malays are given preference in government jobs, whereas Chinese make up for it in business (almost 90% or more in Chinese hands). Richest people in Malaysia are not Malays, but Chinese, followed by Sikhs.

Malaysia is better because minorities are not persecuted. No riots, no temples burning, no prohibition on what to eat and what not etc.

Muslims in Malaysia = Muslim (official) 61.3%

This is Pakistan:

Sagar Masih, who works as a sweeper in a government department in Peshawar, told The Express Tribune he had completed his Bachelor’s degree and despite his qualifications he was appointed as a sweeper.

He claimed Muslims appointed as clerks in his office are less educated than him. “I write applications for them, most don’t even know how to write their names. But here I am cleaning up after them.”
There are more Mohamed Aslam or others who are doing peon's or at best junior clerical jobs with MA/MSs degrees. This has little to do with minority, but with the overall system that is screwed up by the corrupt politicians. Even the peon's job is sold by the MPAs.

U will be shocked but Modi has in his manifesto a provision in enducation department to certify madrassa degrees so that muslims can continue their higher studies in conventional universities. Always think why dint Congress in its 60 years never thot of doing this? ;)

This is what I am scared. You are changing laws even the good one to appease just one community and in the process you end legalizing one old age practice which has lived more then its life. So in the end you are saying, those who are liberal (read hindus) who have changed with the time by leaving their Aashram education and adjusted with the time are ok, but since muslims are not ready to change or are stubborn and still want to continue with their medieval age practice we should make them happy by allowing degrees in their madarsas which we have not given to aashram education.

Is this a good way to govern? Do you really feel this is going to help a government in long run? when you have given legality to one practice, its not easy to revoke it. Also today it is madarsa tomorrow it will be banning temple around mosques as idol worship is not allowed as per quran, and day after it will be muslims only cities/states....Dont start something which you cannot control.

@syedali73

There are more Mohamed Aslam or others who are doing peon's or at best junior clerical jobs with MA/MSs degrees. This has little to do with minority, but with the overall system that is screwed up by the corrupt politicians. Even the peon's job is sold by the MPAs.

And with such a scenario portrayed as above, you have an audacity to come harsh on India?

Ethnic Malay are 51% not 61%.

I say Muslim population.

scrap all reservations based on religion,cast.....
Muslims need reservation but should be based on financial back ground.

It should be the same for sc,st and others.

@syedali73

[[[[[ Bumiputras are divided into MuslimMalays proper, who make up the majority of the Malaysian population at 50.4%; and other bumiputra, who make up 11% of the Malaysian population, and most of whom belong to various Austronesian Malay ethnic groups related to the Muslim Malays ]]]]]

This is what I am scared. You are changing laws even the good one to appease just one community and in the process you end legalizing one old age practice which has lived more then its life. So in the end you are saying, those who are liberal (read hindus) who have changed with the time by leaving their Aashram education and adjusted with the time are ok, but since muslims are not ready to change or are stubborn and still want to continue with their medieval age practice we should make them happy by allowing degrees in their madarsas which we have not given to aashram education.

Is this a good way to govern? Do you really feel this is going to help a government in long run? when you have given legality to one practice, its not easy to revoke it. Also today it is madarsa tomorrow it will be banning temple around mosques as idol worship is not allowed as per quran, and day after it will be muslims only cities/states....Dont start something which you cannot control.
I agree with u. But what else can be done if we want to eradicate poverty? Even u know its only dalits and muslims in BPL categories. So untill these people are not taken care of how will u grow ur country?

And also, Modi's step is perfect for his skill development campaign. U dont need high degrees for task specific skill development. Madrassa passed muslim can be certified for getting into an ITI and get on with any provate sector job. I only see it as channelising the youth of this country.

And with such a scenario portrayed as above, you have an audacity to come harsh on India?

This is what his problem, sad but true with most across the border..They see everything happening in India with the prism of religion and then start justifying the same scenario with corrupt politicians etc without considering India also has its own set of corrupt people which Indian public is trying very hard by pressing government through dharnas, demonstrations etc to pass laws to clean up the system.

@syedali73

I say Muslim population.
Yes, because in Pakistan we do not ask to rape the dead women belonging to a minority; we do not decide for minority what they can eat or drink; we do not call them dogs and their children puppies; we do not require them to either get converted to ready to die or live like animals.

Minorities suffer in Pakistan, so do the Muslims, it is the poors who suffer, not the privileged rich.

@syedali73

[[[[[ Bumiputras are divided into MuslimMalays proper, who make up the majority of the Malaysian population at 50.4%; and other bumiputra, who make up 11% of the Malaysian population, and most of whom belong to various Austronesian Malay ethnic groups related to the Muslim Malays ]]]]]
So what I am telling you? Bumiputra means 'son of the soil', that includes both the orang asli, and the Malays, though the actual Bumis are only the orang asli and not Malay who immigrated from Jawa, Indonesia.

I agree with u. But what else can be done if we want to eradicate poverty? Even u know its only dalits and muslims in BPL categories. So untill these people are not taken care of how will u grow ur country?

And also, Modi's step is perfect for his skill development campaign. U dont need high degrees for task specific skill development. Madrassa passed muslim can be certified for getting into an ITI and get on with any provate sector job. I only see it as channelising the youth of this country.
You can channelise the youth of the community but in the process legalize a process just for one section of the society as madarsas are not open for any other community if i am not wrong..even if it is, madarsas are used for religious education as well so not a good place hence sorry i dont agree.

We can create more schools in muslim dominate area or make them aware of successful people from their community who have opted for modern education and are successful. Leverage the high cream of muslims ( poets, writers, film makers, business men, industrialist, bureaucrats, diplomats etc ) to create a movement in the weaker section in the muslim society and bring them up to the speed.

Shortcuts like degrees from madarsas is nothing but more of a trouble just like reservations. Initially reservation was introduced with 5-6% with the aim to be removed completely in 10-15 years time frame and we are here now with 50%....

Is it really a progress?

Back
Top Bottom