What's new

Not battle-ready before 2027, admits Indian Army

I now know where a lot of Indians like to compare themselves to others, especially to China. Just read the the post you provided for me above. Indians are just trying to follow their leaders. Stop comparing and be more modest. :hitwall: I lost for word on how to say that to you.

Care to tell us too why what your view of we comparing ourself to others?Yes for me we compare ourself to the better economies which will help us to improve our economy and a determination to reach their standards..And yes we are following our leader whom we elected as our leader..An efficent leader and a stable government is a must for a good nation...Whats with comparison and being modest??
Me too now dont understand what you are trying to say..

Please care to explain assistance in what way?? Also what made you think that removing poverty is not one of the top priority...If you are talking about Defence Deals than i would like to bring it to your notice that its just 3% of our GDP..so be rest assured that we are not on buying spree at the cost of our poors..however given the condition we are in we have no choice but to keep improving our defense and offense related capabilities....

Its true as India has not true allies like Japan/Germany/England with the US. Its understandable how India doesn't trust US because of US intervention in 1971 war. Also, US has a naval base in Diego Garcia which could threaten Indian interest.

Assistance in technology and strategic friendship is what India need. In my opinion, India should be in the US camp. But I now realize that its not possible.

Its true as India has not true allies like Japan/Germany/England with the US. Its understandable how India doesn't trust US because of US intervention in 1971 war. Also, US has a naval base in Diego Garcia which could threaten Indian interest.

Assistance in technology and strategic friendship is what India need. In my opinion, India should be in the US camp. But I now realize that its not possible.

I don't think you answered my question...Anyways we never joined any camps because of NAM something that came from Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru our first PM...You might be surprised that we did not Join communist camps even after US betrayal in 1971 because of NAM...

Last edited:
Care to tell us too why what your view of we comparing ourself to others?Yes for me we compare ourself to the better economies which will help us to improve our economy and a determination to reach their standards..And yes we are following our leader whom we elected as our leader..An efficent leader and a stable government is a must for a good nation...Whats with comparison and being modest??
Me too now dont understand what you are trying to say..

Well, I think that a lot of Indian in this forum like to compare to others. For example, Indian in ths thread is comparing Indian arm forces to Pakistani one. Why tell the Pakistani that India has a bigger arm force or a superior arm force? Is this kind of comparason even necessary? If someone ask me to describe how their military is #### better than the US military, I would just ignore as comparasons are generally useless. Unless if the two country is about to engage in a war and the forces are about even. Would you say the Indian force is about as even as Pakistani force?

I don't think you answered my question...Anyways we never joined any camps because of NAM something that came from Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru our first PM...You might be surprised that we did not even Join communist camps even after US betrayal in 1971...

I answered in the previous posting to your question.

Please care to explain assistance in what way??

Also, how did US betrayed Indian in 197?. Was US under any alliance to protect India or support India?

Well, I think that a lot of Indian in this forum like to compare to others. For example, Indian in ths thread is comparing Indian arm forces to Pakistani one. Why tell the Pakistani that India has a bigger arm force or a superior arm force? Is this kind of comparason even necessary? If someone ask me to describe how their military is #### better than the US military, I would just ignore as comparasons are generally useless. Unless if the two country is about to engage in a war and the forces are about even. Would you say the Indian force is about as even as Pakistani force?

Buddy I dont understand why you see only Indians comparing their armed forces with others and failed to see others doing it..There are many Indians whose posts which worth reading hope you see that also..and also this is defence forum and comparisons are normal here..If its a healthy discussion then whats the problem in it??

I answered in the previous posting to your question.

Please care to explain assistance in what way??
Ohh thanks...My Bad...

Also, how did US betrayed Indian in 197?. Was US under any alliance to protect India or support India?

Well betrayal was indeed a strong word..However they choose Pakistan over India...Though yes you are right they were not in any alliance with India....

Ohh thanks...My Bad...

Well betrayal was indeed a strong word..However they choose Pakistan over India...Though yes you are right they were not in any alliance with India....

How did US choose Pakistan over India?

^^^^^^^^^

Buddy i am replying in response to 1971 war...I hope you do know that US sent war ship in support for Pakistan...Anyways we are going off topic here...So lets concentrate on the topic...

Buddy I dont understand why you see only Indians comparing their armed forces with others and failed to see others doing it..There are many Indians whose posts which worth reading hope you see that also..and also this is defence forum and comparisons are normal here..If its a healthy discussion then whats the problem in it??

There is a difference between comparing and discussing. Discussing is about the facts. Comparing is show how one is better than the other. I do see a lot of comparason between India and Pakistan weapons and military. However, I do not see Pakistani going to Indian defence sites.

^^^^^^^^^

Buddy i am replying in response to 1971 war...I hope you do know that US sent war ship in support for Pakistan...Anyways we are going off topic here...So lets concentrate on the topic...

Would India invaded and conquere Pakistan without US sent its aircraft carrier there? Would the US do the same for India if Pakistan is about to conquere India?

Meh iF they wanted to be Potent fast, they could curb corruption in the Army.

currently the Bright spots for the Army are its Network infrastructure projects.
and the F-INSAS program.
They need Artillery
And in my Opinion 4000 more tanks.(2000 is not going to cut it)
more Mobile SAM's
They should get some armed Dhurv Gunships.

Well frankly speaking the rest depends on the speed of Induction.

I always avoid to mention this but as your post have mentioned corruption in army I want to highlight following comments of my friend (drives T-90 in IA):

"Bhai mey tow Arjun chalana chahunga T-90 nahi. Babu's ko shayad ruble mey tankhwa milti hai."

English Translation:
"Bro, I would like to drive Arjun Tank instead of T-90. Babu's (might be the bureaucrats or top commanders) might get pays in ruble."

This guy has drove both tanks T-90 and Arjun. Also, I know that Arjun has been termed as a failed project.

3be5ecaaab3ac159256ac0b0bbcf4604.jpg

8637bd5b2d279095b48a6f4156c23291.jpg

Would India invaded and conquere Pakistan without US sent its aircraft carrier there? Would the US do the same for India if Pakistan is about to conquere India?

The United States supported Pakistan both politically and materially. U.S. President Richard Nixon denied getting involved in the situation, saying that it was an internal matter of Pakistan. But when Pakistan's defeat seemed certain, Nixon sent the USS Enterprise to the Bay of Bengal, a move deemed by the Indians as a nuclear threat. Enterprise arrived on station on 11 December 1971. On 6 December and 13 December, the Soviet Navy dispatched two groups of ships, armed with nuclear missiles, from Vladivostok.

That was 1971 India and pakistan didnt have nuclear weapons....Today the international scenario is diffrent ....Remember what happened in kargil did US jump into the fight :disagree: all a nation can do today as allies is give weapons,logistics or real time intelligence info.Always remember the americans sugar coat every thing before the war on terror the relationship between US-PAK was completely diffrent.India on the other hand was helped with UAVS even at the time of war with pakistan by Israel.

I always avoid to mention this but as your post have mentioned corruption in army I want to highlight following comments of my friend (drives T-90 in IA):

"Bhai mey tow Arjun chalana chahunga T-90 nahi. Babu's ko shayad ruble mey tankhwa milti hai."

English Translation:
"Bro, I would like to drive Arjun Tank instead of T-90. Babu's (might be the bureaucrats or top commanders) might get pays in ruble."

This guy has drove both tanks T-90 and Arjun. Also, I know that Arjun has been termed as a failed project.

Dont give that to much thought its not to bad.

I agree that the Arjun got screwed over.

But the Higher echelon of the army seems to have done something right.

you, see instead of outright inducting the T-90 as the MBT.

The Army now intends to acquire a new 4th gen tank. There are even rumors of a JV with Russia for this.

New Delhi, Dec 5 (PTI) The Army has said that its troops are "fully prepared, battle-worthy and capable" to counter any challenge at short notice.

"Our armed forces are fully prepared, battle-worthy and capable to counter any challenges at very short notice, in keeping with the task assigned to defend the nation," Army PRO Col S Om Singh said.

"It is further clarified that the combat efficiency of the Army at no point be doubted as the military preparedness and combat efficiency is the foremost and primary task. There has been no compromise in this issue. The progress of modernisation is monitored closely at various levels to minimise the shortfall," Singh said, reacting to media reports that the Army was not fully combat ready and there was a shortfall in the full battle preparedness. :cheers:

http://www.ptinews.com/news/409215_Troops-fully-prepared--battle-worthy--Army

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom