What's new

Not a single bullet fired in 40 years despite border dispute with China: PM Modi

Banglar Bir

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not a single bullet fired in 40 years despite border dispute with China: PM Modi
SAM Staff, June 3, 2017
modi.jpg
The world has increasingly become inter-connected and inter-dependent, a transformation that has made it necessary for India and China to cooperate on trade and investments despite a simmering border dispute, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Friday.

“It is true that we have a border dispute with China. But in the last 40 years, not a single bullet has been fired because of it,” Modi said during a panel discussion at the St Petersburg International Economic Forum. He shared the stage with Russian President Vladimir Putin and the leaders of Austria and Moldova.

Modi was responding to a question whether India’s opposition to China’s ‘One Belt One Road’ project reflects deep discord in their relationship.

India had boycotted a high-profile conference recently hosted by China on the project, citing “sovereignty” issue since it passes through Azad Kashmir.

The prime minister noted that it is not the same bipolar world of before when nations were aligned either with the United States or the former Soviet Union.

“It is an inter-connected and inter-dependent world. So countries may have some disputes and some areas of collaboration,” he said, noting that India and Russia relationship has stood the test of time as it was based on trust.

The 24-page St Petersburg Declaration, released yesterday after his summit with Putin, is a testament to India-Russia relation, Modi said. “And I know the world will minutely scrutinize every word for future direction of our relations.”

On China, he said that despite differences, New Delhi and Beijing have come together on the BRICS platform to create two financial institutions, one headed by China where India is a partner and one BRICS Bank where the two regional superpowers are collaborators.

“The world is increasingly becoming inter-dependent. We believe in ‘Sabka Saath Sabka Vikaas’ (Cooperation of all, development for all). This is not just for the domestic programmes but also for international cooperation. We want to carry everyone along for development,” he said.

http://southasianmonitor.com/2017/0...0-years-despite-border-dispute-china-pm-modi/

SAM Staff, June 3, 2017
modi.jpg
The world has increasingly become inter-connected and inter-dependent, a transformation that has made it necessary for India and China to cooperate on trade and investments despite a simmering border dispute, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Friday.

“It is true that we have a border dispute with China. But in the last 40 years, not a single bullet has been fired because of it,” Modi said during a panel discussion at the St Petersburg International Economic Forum. He shared the stage with Russian President Vladimir Putin and the leaders of Austria and Moldova.

Modi was responding to a question whether India’s opposition to China’s ‘One Belt One Road’ project reflects deep discord in their relationship.

India had boycotted a high-profile conference recently hosted by China on the project, citing “sovereignty” issue since it passes through Azad Kashmir.

The prime minister noted that it is not the same bipolar world of before when nations were aligned either with the United States or the former Soviet Union.

“It is an inter-connected and inter-dependent world. So countries may have some disputes and some areas of collaboration,” he said, noting that India and Russia relationship has stood the test of time as it was based on trust.

The 24-page St Petersburg Declaration, released yesterday after his summit with Putin, is a testament to India-Russia relation, Modi said. “And I know the world will minutely scrutinize every word for future direction of our relations.”

On China, he said that despite differences, New Delhi and Beijing have come together on the BRICS platform to create two financial institutions, one headed by China where India is a partner and one BRICS Bank where the two regional superpowers are collaborators.

“The world is increasingly becoming inter-dependent. We believe in ‘Sabka Saath Sabka Vikaas’ (Cooperation of all, development for all). This is not just for the domestic programmes but also for international cooperation. We want to carry everyone along for development,” he said.

http://southasianmonitor.com/2017/0...0-years-despite-border-dispute-china-pm-modi/
This is not achievement but cowardliness Mr. Modi since you still remember what happened during 1962 war.

Seriously? Defeated?

@rott @Two @eldarlmari @Dungeness @Beast @Kiss_of_the_Dragon @cirr @AndrewJin @TaiShang @samsara @Jlaw @wanglaokan My friends last time I checked you did your thing in 62 and left..even took care of indian POWs rather well.

I did not know any indians defeated you in 67. Or was it a Surgical Strike too?
Indian launched attack to PLA in September and October of year 1967 at the border of China and Sikkim. Totally 802 Indian soldiers get shot dead or injured. The info on Wiki is wrong, this is I get from the Chinese source. India's agression was defeated again.

It's not because Barahtis's ambition had died, it's because China is rising they don't dare to fire along the border.

Seriously? Defeated?

@rott @Two @eldarlmari @Dungeness @Beast @Kiss_of_the_Dragon @cirr @AndrewJin @TaiShang @samsara @Jlaw @wanglaokan My friends last time I checked you did your thing in 62 and left..even took care of indian POWs rather well.

I did not know any indians defeated you in 67. Or was it a Surgical Strike too?
This is another of their self masturbation which has been debunked many times by Chinese members. The thread is still on PDF. I don't recall the thread title.
But miraculously the number of Chinese casualties keeps changing from time to time depending on our Indian friends' mood. :laugh:
Haha, from 3 casualties right up to the hundreds.

Yet there is no solution on bharati occupied south Tibet? Chinese should push for diplomatic solution.

Until now, I still believe Indian army are weak.

If India and China has full scale war now, we can hunt them down within 2 or 3 week. Cause they don't have enough missle and bullets to fire, they can produce nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Until now, I still believe Indian army are weak.

If India and China has full scale war now, we can hunt them down within 2 or 3 week. Cause they don't have enough missle and bullets to fire, they can produce nothing.

2 or 3 week would be over estimating India's abilities. Make it a week or less.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is another of their self masturbation which has been debunked many times by Chinese members. The thread is still on PDF. I don't recall the thread title.
But miraculously the number of Chinese casualties keeps changing from time to time depending on our Indian friends' mood. :laugh:
Haha, from 3 casualties right up to the hundreds.
Surgika Strika of Supa Powa 2012 style!

Until now, I still believe Indian army are savages, but very weak savages.

You have been brainwashed by PDF RSSers' boasting. Indian milltary is very primitive, their soldiers are mentally and physically weak.

In the last skirmish in 1967 Chinese were soundly defeated.
Congratulate, you have defeated a nuclear armed country in 1967.
Wait, this logic doesn't seem right. So... Which country's propaganda is right in the end?
We defeated the armies of 17 countries in the Korean War, but lost to Indians last?

Come and help me, everybody! I can't stop Macarthur's resurrection!

@rott @Sinopakfriend @Areesh @wanglaokan @Max

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom