What's new

North Thunder Exercise Thread

MICA

Reaction score
Country
Egypt
CbVThTXUYAAjDz3.jpg
CbLi3I6W8AAvJoH_1455464065.jpg

Saudi Arabia has reportedly launched the largest military drill in the region’s history, according to state media, using troops from 20 nations.

Dubbed ‘North Thunder,’ the operation involves Arab and Muslim countries, the Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported, though details of the exercise have not been released.

The countries joining Saudi Arabia in the operation are the United Arab Emirates, Jordan, Bahrain, Senagal, Sudan, Kuwait, Maldives, Morocco, Pakistan, Chad, Tunisia, Comoros, Djibouti, Oman, Qatar, Malaysia, Egypt, Mauritania and Mauritius, in addition to the peninsula shield forces.

The SPA reported this as the “largest and most important military manoeuvre in the history of the region” using qualitative military equipment of diverse sophisticated weapons.

“The North Thunder drills represent a clear message that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia an its brothers and friends of the participating countries stand united to confront all challenges and maintain peace and stability in the region,” SPA reported.

The move comes just months after Saudi Arabia formed an anti-terrorist coalition of 34 mainly Muslim nations. Foreign minister Adel al-Jubeir said the alliance had been formed to “push back and confront the terrorists and those who promote their violent ideologies,” which promises to fight any terrorist organisation, not simply Isis.

North means its closer to Syria, Jordan, Iraq?

why are the egyptians troops in full gear, were they expecting action straight away?

why are the egyptians troops in full gear, were they expecting action straight away?

They are flying in the airbus A320 civilian airliner so this could be the only way to make up for a cargo space shortage..wear your gear! Egypt is like 1 hour flight from the Northern Saudi.

We don't know how the Saudi's bros plan it , so i have no idea whether they are going to action once they arrived or they will chill and get action later

They are flying in the airbus A320 civilian airliner so this could be the only way to make up for a cargo space shortage..wear your gear! Egypt is like 1 hour flight from the Northern Saudi.

we are sending more than 350 troops "2nd largest participator after Saudi ofc" , pretty sure we sent C-130's and el Hurreya ship for tanks and IFV not only they guys you saw on this civilian plane which maybe was transporting them to King khaled army Military city from the point they had arrived to ..

PS: watch the first youtube video i linked Up in my first reply

Utter waste of efforts. I actually laughed looking at first post where it is boosting of unity. Lol like Arabs will ever come to our Aid if India ever starts another war with Pakistan. In previous wars Arabs didnt even bothered to take a moral stand to help Pakistan so leave the thought of any physical effort in the future. Instead of wasting our time in this good for nothing allaince we should clean up mess in our own part of region first. To our shame a non Muslim nation like china provided us material support at difficult times.

House of Saud is flooding Sisi with money right now so i think people would be more shocked if they didnt. Egyptian are the new canon foders for saudis in future conflicts. Considering Pakistan is never coming to their Aid at least in near future all thanks to Raheel Sharief otherwise Nawaz was ready to Hand over our *** to Saudis.

So where is Nigeria, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan, Iran, Afghanistan, Indonesia Kyrgyzstan, Libya, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, Algeria, Niger, Tanzania and all those Countries? Indonesia is out is kinda strange.

The number of participating nations are already down from 25 to 20.
Waiting to see what % of those projected numbers are fulfilled. That is about 20,000 tanks, APCs, IFVs, SPHs, 2000 Combat aircrafts and 450 helicopters. Also 350,000 troops.

Back
Top Bottom