What's new

North Korean Stand Off With the US & S.Korea: News and Updates

North Korea can attack United States anytimt they want because United States are surrounded by seas that it is far away from other territories except for Canada which is in the North and Mexico in the South but radiation wouldn't spread toward those Nations. Nuking North Korea is a bad idea because the radiation would spread toward South Korea, Japan, China, West Russia Federation and maybe India. Those five nations don't like it. So US have two choice; either deploy their troops to DMZ or World War 3 begins. By the way, it is possible for North to reach US because they have 70 submarines which is undetectable by radar systems. No wonder why US never spoke about those issues.

Shouldn't this be more incentive by all the countries involved to make sure North Korea doesn't actually get a nuke and fire it?

I can tell you if the US gets nuked we're not gonna care who is on North Korea's borders, they are glass, and you guys can deal with the radiation.

Don't like it? Make sure North Korea doesn't fire.

There are times to play games, times to play soft, and there are times for harsh, quick, and indiscriminate action. In such a scenario where North Korea fires a nuke and it detonates on US soil, our allies and our competitors have let us down by their inattentiveness to the Nork threat, and they will reap their inattentiveness in spades. They will have to deal with the consequences of a irradiated North Korea themselves, we certainly won't care given our circumstances at that time.

You think this nuke is just an American problem Moosh, but you are looking at it too narrowly, and with too much faith that the US will hold back and give a crap about what the nations surrounding North Korea think under the circumstances. Well I guess that is a compliment on our country's humanity, but I'd say you are mistaken. The US is a country with national interests, we're not saints. If you hit us we are very likely to hit back.

Wow, that's the first I heard that South Korea's current president's mother died by the hands of North Korea.

Tragic.

China's strategic interests after second Korean War

bSZwpPR.jpg

Israel is currently annexing Palestinian West Bank land, Russia has annexed 20% of Georgia, and NATO had indirectly annexed Serbian land by carving out Kosovo into an independent state.

Hence, as a matter of first principle, let's acknowledge that borders shift and China has an equal right to annex territory.

There are only a few rational choices for a post-war Korean peninsula.

1. After damage to both North and South Korea, let's restore the status quo. This is a terrible idea. China will have to provide even more food and energy aid (currently 45% and 90% respectively; see The China-North Korea Relationship - Council on Foreign Relations) to keep North Korea functioning.

If North Korea screws it up again (Korean War 1950-1953, Second Korean War 2013-), China should basically "fire" the North Korean leadership. If you North Koreans are incapable of governing North Korea competently then we Chinese will do it ourselves.

2. The minimum outcome is a Chinese annexation of North Korea. Unnamed Sweeper Monk's proposal to divide North Korea with the United States/South Korea is unacceptable. His proposal stems from a position of weakness. China is the supreme Asian continental power and it will negotiate from a position of strength.

If South Korea is sufficiently damaged from North Korean atomic blasts then China should strongly consider annexing the entire Korean peninsula. At a minimum, China should threaten to annex South Korea if the United States refuses to go along with Chinese annexation of North Korea.

After the annexation of North Korea, the people of North Korea may choose to remain and become citizens of China. This is workable, because there are only a minuscule number of North Koreans at 24 million. Alternatively, North Koreans will be permitted to move permanently to South Korea if they choose.

3. Korean unification will not be permitted. There are twice as many South Koreans as North Koreans. Any unified Korea will bring the U.S. Army to the Yalu River. Unlike Gorbachev and NATO's betrayed promise not to extend its membership to the border of Russia, Chinese are not dumb enough to fall for vacuous Western promises.

In conclusion, it should be obvious that Chinese annexation of North Korea and possibly South Korea is the only viable outcome.

In conclusion, it should be obvious that Chinese annexation of North Korea and possibly South Korea is the only viable outcome.
What a joke...!!!

If there is a shooting war in Korea started by fatso, North Korean airspace will be 'annexed' by US air power. The PLAAF will be helpless. Without control of the air, NORK troops will be pounded into fertilizers for the next generation of unified Korea. The US/SKR/JPN alliance will secure the entire Korean peninsula in short order.

What a joke...!!!

If there is a shooting war in Korea started by fatso, North Korean airspace will be 'annexed' by US air power. The PLAAF will be helpless. Without control of the air, NORK troops will be pounded into fertilizers for the next generation of unified Korea. The US/SKR/JPN alliance will secure the entire Korean peninsula in short order.

1. There is no U.S. air power when a single EMP warhead detonates above Kadena Air Force Base.

2. There is also no U.S. air power when MRBMs destroy Kadena Air Force Base.

Whether China chooses the first or second option, there won't be any U.S. air power over Korea. Airplanes can't fly when their electronic systems and electrical wiring have been fused by 50,000 volts per meter from a megaton EMP warhead. Airplanes also can't fly when the airbase is full of craters and bomblets.

1. There is no U.S. air power when a single EMP warhead detonates above Kadena Air Force Base.

2. There is also no U.S. air power when SRBMs destroy Kadena Air Force Base.

Whether China chooses the first or second option, there won't be any U.S. air power over Korea.
The moment China detonate a nuclear weapon anywhere to affect US, China is defeated. We will retaliate in kind but many times over and it will be over the Chinese mainland.

What a joke...!!!

May I know PLAAF will be helpless in what way?

May I know PLAAF will be helpless in what way?
Experience. Simple as that. The J-20 is nowhere ready. We do not even need to use the Raptor. Eagles and Vipers will make short work of the PLAAF.

Your friend Marty talked so easy about detonating a nuclear EMP over Japan just to knock out US air power. The problem is that Kadena is sovereign Japanese territory and therefore the sky over Kadena is sovereign Japanese air space. No one is going to see such a nuclear attack as to simply remove the USAF. The world will see it as an unprovoked nuclear attack ON JAPAN. Not on Kadena AFB.

I started working around nuclear weapons when I was barely 21 yrs old. I know what such a weapon looks, smells, and feels like. I am terrified of them. You Chinese boys here are the worst sort of armchair warriors: Those who have no military experience but believes their own egos are superior replacements. Hence such easy talk of 'nuking' anyone.

If China want to annex North Korea, the time to do it is NOW. Not when after fatso started lobbing artillery shells and moving troops, and if such a shooting war starts, you can bet all your wealth that the US nuclear posture will go to the highest and China will be targeted. A nuclear EMP attack on Japan will earn mainland China full US nuclear response. But of course, Marty will be safe in the US while the Chinese people he allegedly 'support' suffers a nuclear war started by foolish PLA generals.

Experience. Simple as that. The J-20 is nowhere ready. We do not even need to use the Raptor. Eagles and Vipers will make short work of the PLAAF.

Your friend Marty talked so easy about detonating a nuclear EMP over Japan just to knock out US air power. The problem is that Kadena is sovereign Japanese territory and therefore the sky over Kadena is sovereign Japanese air space. No one is going to see such a nuclear attack as to simply remove the USAF. The world will see it as an unprovoked nuclear attack ON JAPAN. Not on Kadena AFB.

I started working around nuclear weapons when I was barely 21 yrs old. I know what such a weapon looks, smells, and feels like. I am terrified of them. You Chinese boys here are the worst sort of armchair warriors: Those who have no military experience but believes their own egos are superior replacements. Hence such easy talk of 'nuking' anyone.

If China want to annex North Korea, the time to do it is NOW. Not when after fatso started lobbing artillery shells and moving troops, and if such a shooting war starts, you can bet all your wealth that the US nuclear posture will go to the highest and China will be targeted. A nuclear EMP attack on Japan will earn mainland China full US nuclear response. But of course, Marty will be safe in the US while the Chinese people he allegedly 'support' suffers a nuclear war started by foolish PLA generals.

May I know how do Eagles and Raptor make work short of PLAAF? Your talk is cheap... Then I can say, J-10, J-11B can easily eat up the eagles and viper. Raptor is scared of rain and sunshine, so it can stay in shelter. Cheaper way for US to save cost and trouble. :lol:

Probably USAF fighters don't even need to take off. Cos our DF-25 with speed of Mach 10 might even take short of USAF workload by spare them the time to take off and waste energy and fuel. They can stay on the ground :lol:

May I know how do Eagles and Raptor make work short of PLAAF? Your talk is cheap... Then I can say, J-10, J-11B can easily eat up the eagles and viper. Raptor is scared of rain and sunshine, so it can stay in shelter. Cheaper way for US to save cost and trouble. :lol:

Probably USAF fighters don't even need to take off. Cos our DF-25 with speed of Mach 10 might even take short of USAF workload by spare them the time to take off and waste energy and fuel. They can stay on the ground :lol:
The USAF does not talk. We have experience the PLAAF can only dream of. Heck, we have training the PLAAF can only dream of. So whose talk is really cheap here? YOURS.

Right now, u r talking about a full nuclear war or called WWIII, not the next Korea War.

U.S.A will prepare to nuke "Evil China", LOL what a joke!

Win China by starting WWIII or Lose N.o1 Superpower poistion, which is more important for today United State of America ??? This world not only two countries like U.S and China, there r also many potential superpower countries. Take care dude,do not be stupid! Or other guys will have the chance to take ur throne.

U.S wanna beat China, prepare for WWIII.

Right now, u r talking about a full nuclear war or called WWIII, not the next Korea War.

U.S.A will prepare to nuke "Evil China", LOL what a joke!

Win China by starting WWIII or Lose N.o1 Superpower poistion, which is more important for today United State of America ??? This world not only two countries like U.S and China, there r also many potential superpower countries. Take care dude,do not be stupid! Or other guys will have the chance to take ur throne.

U.S wanna beat China, prepare for WWIII.
The real joke is that China will detonate a nuclear EMP weapon over Japan just to remove the USAF from Korea and the US will do nothing. We will see it as a conventional attack against an airfield, not a nuclear assault against an ally and a vital global economic interest.

So much for that alleged 'high Chinese IQ'.

The real joke is that China will detonate a nuclear EMP weapon over Japan just to remove the USAF from Korea and the US will do nothing. We will see it as a conventional attack against an airfield, not a nuclear assault against an ally and a vital global economic interest.
So much for that alleged 'high Chinese IQ'.
The idea of send a nuclear EMP over Japan is FOOL, the idea of launch nuclear missiles to China also is FOOL.
Looks like u all share the same "HIGH IQ".

U.S and China countries all have big lands, all have over millions of ppl (but 1.3billion Chinese much more than 0.2billion American), both of countries built a complete domestic industrial system(In some fields America better than China), 2x countries owned advanced nuclear industry, owned nuclear bombs/intercontinental missile, only 2/5 countries can make hydrogen bombs.

Yep i no doubt now U.S.A could destroy China by nuclear attack in WWIII coz U.S currently own 5000+ nuclear warheads, China's nuclear weapons might >1000 and U.S actually operated NMD but China's CNMD still mysterious just reported anti-missile tests.
If U.S really nuke China, China must revenge. There's no any different result in WWIII,to ruin China ten times or more by U.S nuclear weapons,exchange China could nuke some U.S main cities or just one time.

Both countries will be crashed, or one crash one lose power, no winner in WWIII.

US nuclear posture will go to the highest and China will be targeted. A nuclear EMP attack on Japan will earn mainland China full US nuclear response.
Nuclear weapons target China and full US nuclear response? What a JOKE ! China not the Superpower yet so if we r defeated China still the China, but if United State of America suffer a heavily hit who will replace u ? how former Superpower will be ?

U.S. seeks Chinese cooperation, because Chinese response is critical.

Unlike Gambit, who engages in endless and ridiculous rhetoric, serious debaters recognize that China has many military options to an U.S. attack on North Korea. For example, China can use thermonuclear-based EMP, conventional EMP, or SRBMs/MRBMs against Korean or Japanese-located airbases.

China fought the U.S. to a draw on the Korean peninsula in 1950-1953. A mechanized Chinese blitzkrieg across the entire peninsula today should take only about two weeks. China is in the driver's seat.

I suggest you ignore Gambit's posts. He doesn't know what he's talking about. If you listen to him, you would think the U.S. is in full control and couldn't care less about the Chinese response.

In the citation below, it is clear Gambit's assessment is completely wrong and does not comport with reality.

----------

Hagel cites 'growing threat' from NKorean nukes

"Hagel cites 'growing threat' from NKorean nukes
AsianetApril 4, 2013 15:31

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel is calling North Korea's development of nuclear weapons a "growing threat" to the U.S. and its allies.

In a telephone call Tuesday evening to Chinese Defense Minister Chang Wanquan, Hagel cited North Korea's pursuit of nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles and said Washington and Beijing should continue to cooperate on those problems.

A Pentagon statement describing the phone call also disclosed that Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, will visit China later this month. It would be Dempsey's first trip to China as head of the Joint Chiefs. Hagel also invited the Chinese defense minister to visit the United States this year.
"

U.S. seeks Chinese cooperation, because Chinese response is critical.

Unlike Gambit, who engages in endless and ridiculous rhetoric, serious debaters recognize that China has many military options to an U.S. attack on North Korea. For example, China can use thermonuclear-based EMP, conventional EMP, or SRBMs/MRBMs against Korean or Japanese-located airbases.

China fought the U.S. to a draw on the Korean peninsula in 1950-1953. A mechanized Chinese blitzkrieg across the entire peninsula today should take only about two weeks. China is in the driver's seat.

I suggest you ignore Gambit's posts. He doesn't know what he's talking about. If you listen to him, you would think the U.S. is in full control and couldn't care less about the Chinese response.

In the citation below, it is clear Gambit's assessment is completely wrong.
Serious thinkers about this have put you on disregard the moment you posited the silly notion that a nuclear EMP detonation over Japan will frighten both Japan and the US into submission.

Yeah...Right...Straight from someone who never seen a day in the military.

When someone attacks your ally, not talking about a close friend or even a friend, the immediate intellectual response will be that he could attack you as well. Your options are: Do nothing, capitulate and be a submissive ally to the attacker, or fight back. Three thousands US citizens died on Sept 11, 2001, it was done with airliners, and the US knocked over two ME countries in response. Now you are saying that a nuclear EMP detonation over Japan will be seen by the Japanese, the Americans, and the rest of the world as merely to take out an airfield, and that everyone will be so frightened of China that they will allow China to destroy South Korea.

Back
Top Bottom