What's new

North Korea Attacks South Korea - Latest Update

Let North Korea go? Not gonna happen until Taiwan officially reunite with mainland, and US influence in the region decrease.

It's only good for the US strategically, while for China it loses a vital chess piece. Can China gamble that if the North were to unite with the South, the newly united Korea and Japan can at least be neutral in strategic competition between US and China?

You lamely avoided the real issue and questions. Since when did all responsibilities removed from the regime for its people? South Korea, like every other country in the world, has problems but overall the country is prosperous and well fed. Why is not North Korea? Whose fault is it? Do you feel that China has a moral burden to feed NKR considering NKR is China's dog? If not, then why is it the moral and economic burden of the world to feed NKR?

If you've served in the Victor Alert air base then I tip my hat to a brave veteran. I feel we've come to the heart of the matter. What do we do about the crazy North Korean leadership? Vassnti suggests the CCP kidnap them and shoot them in the back of the head. I have a feeling that's illegal under international law and the law of morality. The Chinese government believes the solution is to reform the government, open up to the outside world, and try to improve the people's standard of living. That's worked in China; it can work in North Korea. So what's your suggestion gambit?

Invite Kim to Beijing along with his top cronies, charge them with crimes against humanity and apply prompt Chinese justice.
Explain to the remaining generals that there is no where the MSS cannot find them and that a move to follow the enlightened example of the CCP in treatment of their people would considerably extend their life expectancy.

Best way of dealing with a snake is not to chew at the tail but to cut off the head.

Or
force-recon-sniper.jpg

I thought about that once actually.

You can't just invite a national leader to your country though, and kidnap him.

There are international laws for a reason. Diplomatic immunity etc. Attacking diplomats is the action of a rogue state.

Also, it might make the situation worse, since by all accounts his generals seem to be just as mad as he is.

Let North Korea go? Not gonna happen until Taiwan officially reunite with mainland, and US influence in the region decrease.

It's only good for the US strategically, while for China it loses a vital chess piece. Can China gamble that if the North were to unite with the South, the newly united Korea and Japan can at least be neutral in strategic competition between US and China?
China does not need Taiwan to feed North Korea. So either feed those starving children or let NKR go. Else do not make hue and cry about how the US led sanctions causes the famines when the true source of the misery lies with the NKR regime and less so -- China.

If you've served in the Victor Alert air base then I tip my hat to a brave veteran. I feel we've come to the heart of the matter. What do we do about the crazy North Korean leadership? Vassnti suggests the CCP kidnap them and shoot them in the back of the head. I have a feeling that's illegal under international law and the law of morality. The Chinese government believes the solution is to reform the government, open up to the outside world, and try to improve the people's standard of living. That's worked in China; it can work in North Korea. So what's your suggestion gambit?
So what is preventing China from doing so? Sometimes the best reform is no reform at all but a complete change, as in regime change. If China can do it for China, then China can do it for North Korea. The US did it for South Korea and Japan. Are you saying that China is not so capable of regime change and occupation? :lol:

Are you saying that China is not so capable of regime change and occupation? :lol:

The key pillar of Chinese diplomacy is strict noninterference in the affair of another nation. Just as China does not support black power or Native American independence in the United States, China would never institute "regime change and occupation" in North Korea. That particular brand of American stick has earned it international opprobrium in the case of the 2003 invasion of Iraq.

Believe it or not, noninterference is the Chinese way of saying "we respect you". We may not always agree with you but we will speak our mind and try to work with you.

The key pillar of Chinese diplomacy is strict noninterference in the affair of another nation. Just as China does not support black power or Native American independence in the United States, China would never institute "regime change and occupation" in North Korea. That particular brand of American stick has earned it international opprobrium in the case of the 2003 invasion of Iraq.
Please...All these decades with China's involvement in Indochina and controlling North Korea, you can say that with a straight face? And you are still avoiding my questions as to who is truly responsible for the miseries in North Korea.

China does not need Taiwan to feed North Korea. So either feed those starving children or let NKR go. Else do not make hue and cry about how the US led sanctions causes the famines when the true source of the misery lies with the NKR regime and less so -- China.
China is already providing food, but China isn't a charity. Better if China install a puppet than let North Korea go.

China is already providing food, but China isn't a charity.
Understood...But then why does this make it a moral and economic burden for the rest of the world to feed NKR?

Better if China install a puppet than let North Korea go.
A weak enough of a puppet not to challenge its master but powerful enough to annoy the region. Best way to do that is to starve the population but feed the regime. But oh-boo-hoo-fecking-hooo...The US is so evil in sanctions to starve all those North Korean children.

Please...All these decades with China's involvement in Indochina and controlling North Korea, you can say that with a straight face? And you are still avoiding my questions as to who is truly responsible for the miseries in North Korea.

In the early days of the PRC, Mao Zedong did crazy things like exporting revolution and invading countries. I admit that and I think he committed serious mistakes that set back China's development by decades. The policy of noninterference came later. And China has assiduously followed it every since.

By the way, China does not "control" North Korea. China came to the aid of North Korea in the Korean war at the behest of the North Koreans. That's a historical fact.

China does not "control" North Korea. China came to the aid of North Korea in the Korean war at the behest of the North Koreans. That's a historical fact.
Right...You are that naive about China but cynical about US? Then I can say the same about South Korea and South Viet Nam and plenty of other countries where the US was involved. So who is responsible for a people again, the ruling regime or the international community?

You want me to make a blanket moral judgment that applies at all times and to all peoples? I don't think I'm up for that.
But you did make that moral judgment when you called US an 'unreliable aid donor'. Aid is a privilege, not a right. The US has a far more enviable aid record to the rest of the world than China can stand upon. You may not want to admit it, but your tap-dancing around the issue confirmed to everyone that the true cause of NKR's miseries lies with the North Korean regime and China.

But you did make that moral judgment when you called US an 'unreliable aid donor'. Aid is a privilege, not a right. The US has a far more enviable aid record to the rest of the world than China can stand upon. You may not want to admit it, but your tap-dancing around the issue confirmed to everyone that the true cause of NKR's miseries lies with the North Korean regime and China.

On the contrary, I have made clear who is responsible for the poverty of North Koreans and what I think should be done about it. The person tap dancing is you. I asked you what should be done to solve the North Korean issue and you never answered except to say regime change and occupation. Is that what you want?

Been there. Nice city. Lots of pretty girls. Too short of a stay, though.

I'm glad you liked the city. I lived there for a good couple of year growing up but that isn't what I meant. I'm saying convincing us is not going to be that much of a victory/have any effect.

Back
Top Bottom