What's new

North Korea Attacks South Korea - Latest Update

What gambit wants is for China to cut all ties with North Korea.
Yes. You do want a whole Korea, no? And if you do not want China to feed the starving North Koreans, why not let them go? What do you care? Spare everyone your crocodile tears for those people.

The North Koreans starve. Millions of childrens die.
No...As Korea once again, there will be plenty of South Korean, US and Japanese relief agencies ready to feed those starved by Kim Junk-ill and China. We do not need China in this regard.

The North Korean military rots.
That is a good thing. It is no good anyway.

Then the next American president invents a pretext to invade. Millions more Koreans die. Kim Jong Il hangs by a noose. The US gains a vassal state at China's front door.
Wrong...All wrong. As Korea again, the US and Japan will stand ready to assist the country in rebuilding. No invasion necessary. You do want a whole Korea, no?

This is what happened to Saddam Hussein in the US-Iraq wars. It wasn't about WMDs--none were found--it was about US hegemony and extending American power into the Asian continent.
And plenty of lucrative oil contracts for China.

All this should be justification for China to increase its military budget 3 times more in order to counter regional threats

I hope China does to allow herself to become confused and derailed from the mission of building up china and the Chinese nation - it must not get involved in these types of things.

This is just the famine of the late90's 12% of his own population in a few years and the US is evil because they want some thing more than just more talks?

You're great at criticising "talks", but have yet to offer any reasonable solution.

What should be done then?

So if a regime is murderous enough to starve its own citizens, it becomes the moral and economic burden of the rest of the world to feed those people...:blink:...The regime bears no responsibility whatsoever.
Yes. In 2008 the Islamic Preparatory Conference on Religious Dialogue - sponsored by Saudi Arabia and representing the spectrum of Muslim rulers from sheiks and kings to the masters of Hezbollah - "rejected the oppression and exploitation of poor people under the excuse of liberating them or guarding their human rights" instead "calling for the provision of the basic elements of families and for helping them financially and morally to bring up responsible generations who care for the world welfare according to the guidance of God." (link) that is, for the rest of the world to feed the oppressed masses while leaving the oppressive regimes intact.

I hope China does to allow herself to become confused and derailed from the mission of building up china and the Chinese nation - it must not get involved in these types of things.

Perhaps a different way to look at the problem, imagine Afghanistan is goverened by some one that makes Karzai look like Mother Teresa, add nuclear arms short range missiles, an out of control military. They have 5000 fixed artillery placements ranged on Islamabad and threaten regularly if you stop sending them aid they will wipe the city off the map and turn Paksitan into a wasteland.
Would you like China to intervene?

Agreed. :tup:

China isn't going to get militarily involved.

We need to finish economic development. That is the priority.

To that end, peace on the Korean peninsula is paramount.

Yes. In 2008 the Islamic Preparatory Conference on Religious Dialogue - sponsored by Saudi Arabia and representing the spectrum of Muslim rulers from sheiks and kings to the masters of Hezbollah - "rejected the oppression and exploitation of poor people under the excuse of liberating them or guarding their human rights" instead "calling for the provision of the basic elements of families and for helping them financially and morally to bring up responsible generations who care for the world welfare according to the guidance of God." (link) that is, leaving the oppressive regimes intact.
Roger that...I have to applaud the propaganda spewed to the American loony left who swallowed this tripe and blamed US and the West for the miseries created by those regimes. The 'Dear Leader' withheld food but the fault for the famine falls upon US.

Good...Then let North Korea go.

Not my decision.

In any case, the strong ideological connection between China and North Korea is long gone.

If North Korea goes against China's wishes YET again, and launches an offensive war against the South... they will have dug their own graves, and China won't save them like it did in the 1950's.

And if you do not want China to feed the starving North Koreans, why not let them go? What do you care? Spare everyone your crocodile tears for those people.

No...As Korea once again, there will be plenty of South Korean, US and Japanese relief agencies ready to feed those starved by Kim Junk-ill and China. We do not need China in this regard.

Wrong...All wrong. As Korea again, the US and Japan will stand ready to assist the country in rebuilding. No invasion necessary. You do want a whole Korea, no?

I support aid for needy nations. I'm proud that China can help our North Korean neighbour even though we are still a developing country.
I genuinely care for the plight of our North Korean brothers. What I question is an american's "genuine concern" for a country on the opposite side of the world.

South Korea terminated all economic assistance since the shelling. They do that after every point of friction. The US is an unreliable aid donor.

The US invaded Koreans once already in history. Threatened to nuke China too, while they were at it. I wouldn't be surprised if Americans poured gas on the fire of another Korean conflict.

You're great at criticising "talks", but have yet to offer any reasonable solution.

What should be done then?

Invite Kim to Beijing along with his top cronies, charge them with crimes against humanity and apply prompt Chinese justice.
Explain to the remaining generals that there is no where the MSS cannot find them and that a move to follow the enlightened example of the CCP in treatment of their people would considerably extend their life expectancy.

Best way of dealing with a snake is not to chew at the tail but to cut off the head.

Or
force-recon-sniper.jpg

I support aid for needy nations. I'm proud that China can help our North Korean neighbour even though we are still a developing country.
I genuinely care for the plight of our North Korean brothers. What I question is an american's "genuine concern" for a country on the opposite side of the world.

South Korea terminated all economic assistance since the shelling. They do that after every point of friction. The US is an unreliable aid donor.

The US invaded Koreans once already in history. Threatened to nuke China too, while they were at it. I wouldn't be surprised if Americans poured gas on the fire of another Korean conflict.
You lamely avoided the real issue and questions. Since when did all responsibilities removed from the regime for its people? South Korea, like every other country in the world, has problems but overall the country is prosperous and well fed. Why is not North Korea? Whose fault is it? Do you feel that China has a moral burden to feed NKR considering NKR is China's dog? If not, then why is it the moral and economic burden of the world to feed NKR?

Back
Top Bottom