What's new

North-East racial slur could get you jailed for five years Read more at:

There is no point in apologizing to a person who doesn't have a big heart to accept it in the first place.

Yeah you Indians clearly have big hearts. :lol:

That's why India is the only country in the world, that is primarily known for its Caste system.

No relief for any Southner from being called 'Madrassi'.

I think you do not know the law.

HM instruction are not a new law formed but using already available law which enforce people not to use any derogatory slur offending one's cast, ethnicity, tribe, clan, physicality etc. If a person feel offended with a slur 'madrasee' he or she can invoke the same law in the court of justice. 'dhara abi yaad nahi hai' :P.

The irony in India is that because slow and laborious justice system and sheer lack of awareness in people about the laws of the land and their rights many evils are still prevailing and offenders are getting away with their offences easily. Even those who suppose to do the implementation these laws i.e. police they do not know it or do not know how to enforce it or are lazy and benign about the same.

HM instruction are not a new law formed but using already available law which enforce people not to use any derogatory slur offending one's cast, ethnicity, tribe, clan and physicality. If a person feel offended with a slur 'madrasee' he or she can invoke the same law in the court of justice. 'dhara abi yaad nahi hai' :P

What is a madrasee anyway?

HM instruction are not a new law formed but using already available law which enforce people not to use any derogatory slur offending one's cast, ethnicity, tribe, clan and physicality. If a person feel offended with a slur 'madrasee' he or she can invoke the same law in the court of justice. 'dhara abi yaad nahi hai' :P

As if I care. I was just trying to troll. If some one calls me a "madrassi' i would remind him that I am from a city about 500km south of Madras or just suck it up and be on my way..who cares.

Racism is bad ...We should always strive to avoid irrespective of boundary...Law should not be the only criteria to prevent misuse...We people should be a good human being enough to learn that racism in any form is a disease..

That isn't racism. :no:

However, suggesting that an entire race of people are born with "genetic arrogance" certainly qualifies.

:azn:

'Typical indians with caste mentality' and calling all Indians racists with a caste mentality as you always do is generalising and negatively stereotyping an entire race of people . It is racist . The fact that you ignore this and the fact that you ignore all the thousands of times Indians have been called as a low IQ race by your fellow chinese members here shows how much of a hipocrit you are . I am sorry but the world doesn't follow your definition of racism which conviniently ignores all the racist mud slung by your fellow Chinese members on this forum over the last couple years atleast.

You are fooling nobody but yourself and a few gullible Pakistani and Chinese members

'Typical indians with caste mentality' and calling all Indians racists with a caste mentality as you always do is generalising and negatively stereotyping an entire race of people . It is racist . The fact that you ignore this and the fact that you ignore all the thousands of times Indians have been called as a low IQ race by your fellow chinese members here shows how much of a hipocrit you are . I am sorry but the world doesn't follow your definition of racism which conviniently ignores all the racist mud slung by your fellow Chinese members on this forum over the last couple years atleast.

You are fooling nobody but yourself and a few gullible Pakistani and Chinese members

Global IQ and educational tests are carried out by International organizations.

Not by us. If you have a problem with the results, take it up with them.

Global IQ and educational tests are carried out by International organizations.

Not by us. If you have a problem with the results, take it up with them.

:rofl: what an evasive response . First of all we don't even know how truly representative those tests are of national IQ of countries . Even if they are it gives no reason for your chinese brethren here to call Indians a low IQ race or as some call 81ers .Indians receive this dirt from Chinese here all the time . But i knew you wouldn't have the guts to admit it and will try to evade . Thanks for exposing yourself as you do all very often .

Racism is wrong, however, 5 years is very harsh. I doubt it would be enforceable.

This is not a defense issue, should be moved.

:rofl: what an evasive response . First of all we don't even know how truly representative those tests are of national IQ of countries . Even if they are it gives no reason for your chinese brethren here to call Indians a low IQ race or as some call 81ers .Indians receive this dirt from Chinese here all the time . But i knew you wouldn't have the guts to admit it and will try to evade . Thanks for exposing yourself as you do all very often .

So the international organizations are wrong to give out the correct IQ of Indians? :rofl:

Maybe you want them to perform some China-style censorship instead?

What is a madrasee anyway?

Madrasee means from Madras, now Chennai.

Also It is used to project a stereotype in one short slur about a south Indian who look, speak, behave in one particular fashion. Some times people simply use this term in north India to address someone who is from south, unintentionally without any prejudice.

On the topic - yes 5 years sounds too harsh and it can also be misused . I am in favour of such a law but there should be some proper safeguards in place as well .

Good law except it should not be misused like 498a or prevention of atrocities laws where the actual victims does not use these laws but rather the street smart ones.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom