What's new

North East Asian Union? Exploring the potential of an NEA integration

Americans are not nothing but a bunch of bad losers to use nukes when they knew was to hard to fight

The nuclear strikes on Hiroshima and Nagasaki are overrated. The true weapon of mass destruction during WWII was the B-17 Flying Fortress. The B-17 dropped 640,000 tonnes of bombs on Nazi Germany alone. The B-17 was responsible for the infamous bombings of Berlin, Hamburg, and Dresden. I don't think I need to explain how many people burned alive like roasted pigs or suffocated to death in the firestorms that engulfed these cities.

Sometimes it is the mundane aerial bomb truck that does the most damage.
UkxbE5i.jpg

I know the H-6K doesn't look like much compared to the sleek looking B-2 stealth bomber. But if you imagine a mass production of 10,000 H-6Ks, enough to carpet bomb an entire small country into the ground, you'll begin to see the value in an aircraft like this.

The US produced over 12,000 B-17s during the war.

And yes, that is a 3,000 kg dumb bomb to the far right in the picture below. You don't need precision if you are reducing an entire city to rubble.:)
g23GrLR.jpg

But of course the H-6K can launch tactical nuclear strikes from a massive standoff range with the long distance ALCM too.
UwdNahO.jpg

This is definitely one of the greatest weapons of the empire.:)

People should get away from the juvenile aspects of this proposed 'union', such as military or removing the US from Asia. Yes, they are juvenile and is reflective of the maturity of the poster(s).

There have been three major unions that produced global effects:

- The United States of America
- The European Union
- The Soviet Union

Each union have its own reasons/motivators that eventually gave it political life. The most important reason is 'the why' of why a union should occur in the first place. This originating 'why' must be sufficiently compelling in BOTH the intellectual and emotional realms in order for ALL the peoples in this proposed union to WILLINGLY subordinate their nationalistic passions to this proposed greater cause.

The DF-21D, aircraft carriers, and American hegemony are NOT intellectually and emotionally charged issues. The best descriptor for these things is 'idiotic'.

Since the end of WW II, the alternative for the American hegemon, and its effects, is a life of economic poverty and political oppression, to the point that the line for toilet paper runs around the city block and if there are any malcontents about this line, they and their families are imprisoned. Asians of all nations have seen and experienced both worlds, often in a single lifetime.

A Confucian society a sufficiently intellectual and emotional compelling cause for this proposed Asian union ? How much eye-rolling can one do in response ?

What is the government of this unified Asian state? Is it democratic or is it similar to the CCP or is it something different? If different, please elaborate.

No, it is not a unified state (East Asian nations cherish sovereignty more than anyone else, perhaps), it is a union of independent nation states, each with their own particular political regimes of their own liking.

lol, never lower your eyes to your enemy. In the end, it was never China that was an existential threat to Japan. Since the Meiji Revolution, friend, it had always been the West, particularly the United States, that had always posed the greatest threat to Japanese independence. Ever had they deigned to have a strangle hold of Japan, and thus the right arm of East Asia.

That's historically true and has been repeatedly mentioned in the early integrationist (Pan -East- Asian) Japanese and Korean thinkers.

Japan has reverberated its position in support of IRAN, even despite US GOP demonization of Tehran , Japan's recent commitment of a multibillion dollar framework of investments in IRAN is testament to a major policy change for Japan. Washington has already lost influence in cajoling Tokyo in this regard (thanks in part to Japan's forward deployment in the region)

During the sanctions regimes, Japan was no less defiant of the US than China, in fact.

Japan UNDERSTANDS and SUPPORTS the role of Russia in the solvency of the Syrian Crisis, to the opposition of Washington's foreign policy. Japan has time and time again at the foreign affairs level (through Kishida Fumio) reiterated Japan's commitment with working with Russia in North Asia as well as in Syria and the Middle East

Hopefully, Tokyo will take further steps and reverse the bad taste of the early (apparently) cozying up to the US-led sanctions regime against Russia.

Japan has remained rather silent in the ECS, in Senkakus / Diayutai , despite American coaxing to deploy against China, in an effort to instigate erosion of Tokyo's relations with Beijing. Japan has remained silent and instead , have further relieved American forces in Okinawa by formulating new air squadrons, a silent yet symbolic gesture as the Okinawa base removal dialogue is going on.

Okinawan resistance, which is an integral part of Japan, is a testament to what Japan is capable of in terms of defying all the odds of US strategic chokehold on Japan.

The intent has been stated.

Please note that this isn't official, despite the headline. This is a symbolic ceremony that still demonstrate the commitment of these countries to ratifying and passing the tpp (at least their heads of state).

The TPP could still get delayed or die in any of the congresses or parliaments of the participating democratic nations, but it doesn't seem likely. If bernie gets elected the US has a real chance to stop pushing for the TPP.

Unfortunately I cant post the link because of the post count but the source is english.donga.

Japan has reiterated its position for a number of exception clauses before signing such a deal. Besides, at the same time, Japan is a signatory to the RCEP, which China will promote aggressively this year.

Even China considered TPP but later, after calculations, it for now decided against joining because the overall impact of the deal on China, even fully implemented, would be minimal. What we now really care about is: RCEP, CAFTA, and CJK FTA.

It will not estrange to see the Russian to trying to find the counterbalance for such union and they can see it in their old rival the US, after all they know each other better than everyone. Even the Soviet Union with all their differences had joint hand with the West to tackle such oddities (German Nazi), the history can be repeated again.

Yeah, the same Russia that has recently decided to merge EEC with OBOR to facilitate Eurasian integration.

Northeast Asian Union would include Russia, not exclude it, in the final analysis.

People should get away from the juvenile aspects of this proposed 'union', such as military or removing the US from Asia. Yes, they are juvenile and is reflective of the maturity of the poster(s).

There have been three major unions that produced global effects:

- The United States of America
- The European Union
- The Soviet Union

Each union have its own reasons/motivators that eventually gave it political life. The most important reason is 'the why' of why a union should occur in the first place. This originating 'why' must be sufficiently compelling in BOTH the intellectual and emotional realms in order for ALL the peoples in this proposed union to WILLINGLY subordinate their nationalistic passions to this proposed greater cause.

The DF-21D, aircraft carriers, and American hegemony are NOT intellectually and emotionally charged issues. The best descriptor for these things is 'idiotic'.

Since the end of WW II, the alternative for the American hegemon, and its effects, is a life of economic poverty and political oppression, to the point that the line for toilet paper runs around the city block and if there are any malcontents about this line, they and their families are imprisoned. Asians of all nations have seen and experienced both worlds, often in a single lifetime.

A Confucian society a sufficiently intellectual and emotional compelling cause for this proposed Asian union ? How much eye-rolling can one do in response ?

Nihonjin1051 is a pan-Asian proponent as he sees potential in a unified East Asian community, thus some Western people may likely not agree with his view about it due to geopolitical aspects, though some libertarian groups in the US would likely welcome the idea as this would lead the US government to focus more on domestic issues.

However, I don't know how we Filipinos would fit in this idea as we are only geographically Asian while we are culturally "Western" due to Spanish and American influences, as well as Roman Catholic influenced culture and morality.

Well I can't say whether he is naive or just pragmatic with regards to China, though there is no doubt that he is a Japanese nationalist.
Meh...He is naive. That is one of the side effects of being an academic.

Meh...He is naive. That is one of the side effects of being an academic.

I always thought being academic means being pragmatic. But then again, I am not either an academic nor a military personnel, so I don't really know how to judge him.

大东亚共荣圈?It's been a century old dream for the Japanese empire, WWII was fought under that name

I always thought being academic means being pragmatic. But then again, I am not either an academic nor a military personnel, so I don't really know how to judge him.
Academics, especially in the 'soft' sciences, as in not in STEM, are easily fooled by high minded ideals. So easily fooled that they usually discarded real world factors. Pragmatism is for the less educated, the genetically inferior.

Yeah, the same Russia that has recently decided to merge EEC with OBOR to facilitate Eurasian integration.

Northeast Asian Union would include Russia, not exclude it, in the final analysis.

Definitely agree.

@Nihonjin1051 Your posts concerning East Asian intergration also make me think about how European countries can link with a hypothetical Northeast Asian Union whilst dislodging American influence (I am not anti-US but I am rather sceptical towards Washington's foreign policy in all crisis zones of the globe essentially), as I am of the opinion that Eurasian intergration, not Atlanticism, is the way to go.

No, it is not a unified state (East Asian nations cherish sovereignty more than anyone else, perhaps), it is a union of independent nation states, each with their own particular political regimes of their own liking.

Well nihonjin specifically talked about a unification, i'm interested in hearing what he views the political governance of such a state would be, taking into account the diverse interests and current political governance of the 'members'. I take it your view though is the CCP would never agree to such a thing unless it was the CCP formally in charge? Off the top of it that would be my view. Such a hypothetical state under current conditions would fragment.

I'm interested in hearing how he would make it viable.

Well nihonjin specifically talked about a unification, i'm interested in hearing what he views the political governance of such a state would be, taking into account the diverse interests and current political governance of the 'members'. I take it your view though is the CCP would never agree to such a thing unless it was the CCP formally in charge? Off the top of it that would be my view. Such a hypothetical state under current conditions would fragment.

I'm interested in hearing how he would make it viable.
It would be ideologically problematic for JPN who is very much a functional democracy that must kow-tow to a dictatorship inside what is supposedly a 'democratic' union.

Or maybe he's actually thinking long term and realizes that the US is about to become a washed-up former superpower.
Actually, maybe a China-JPN union is not such a bad idea. Two soon-to-be geriatric nations clinging on to each other as they decline. Better marry late than never, no ?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom