What's new

North East Asian Union? Exploring the potential of an NEA integration

No, TPP come out in 2018, and CN economy still death in 2028.

Of course, TPP members will buy VNese products, they cant buy products from any countries that r on black list of Money manipulation such as CN. Why so surprise abt it ??

What else Vietnam can offer beside Pho or Fish source...name me something that is worthy:rofl:

2718799690_593c0a7c85_b.jpg

We got it, you are adamant supporter of TPP, believing it will put us on the death bed in 2024. If the TPP is so good for you country, why did Vietnam have to request a 20 years grace period of time to comply?

Unlike you, the Indians are thinking otherwise.

With TPP advancing, India pins hopes on China-backed trade bloc
With TPP advancing, India pins hopes on China-backed trade bloc
Reuters New Delhi Last Updated: February 11, 2016 | 11:40 IST

India, concerned at being sidelined from the US-led Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), is stepping up efforts to reach agreement with an alternative trade bloc centred around China, and hopes to reach a deal this year.

New Delhi has long been seen by many countries as an intransigent player at the World Trade Organization (WTO), a multilateral forum that has struggled to find the consensus it needs to move forward.

Now, after 12 advanced economies accounting for 40 percent of the global economy signed a TPP deal this month, India's trade negotiators feel they need to get a move on.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi has backed an export-focused 'Make in India' drive as the path to prosperity for Asia's third-largest economy, where per capita output is $1,688 a year, one fifth that in China.

With TPP out of reach - India was not invited to join - India's negotiators are focussing instead on a Chinese-led grouping called the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) that would improve its access to Asian markets.

Trade representatives meet in Brunei from Feb. 15-19 to iron out differences on tariffs.

A senior New Delhi official, who asked not to be named, told Reuters that India was hopeful of striking a tariff-cutting deal this year, in the clearest indication yet that India wants to accelerate progress on a bloc first launched in 2012.

Ganeshan Wignaraja of the Asian Development Bank said a breakthrough on RCEP would help mitigate the competitive disadvantage of India being absent from the TPP.

"Concluding an RCEP agreement would mark a key milestone for the Modi government," he said.

Experts caution that India has shown little appetite to open its market to imports, even as it seeks to ramp up exports, not least because of a gaping trade deficit with China.

"India is worried about opening up to China," said Professor Bernard Hoekman, a trade expert at the Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies in Italy, adding he very much doubted an RCEP deal would happen this year.

With the TPP lacking votes in Congress and likely to be put on hold if a Republican is elected US president, any sign China is seizing the initiative in the trade arena could raise concerns over Washington's declining clout in Asia.

Beijing has already redrawn the financial map by launching the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, with backing from close US allies like Britain.

LOSING BUSINESS

New Delhi fears the TPP, although years away from reality, could mean losing some textile and drugs exports to countries like Vietnam, which has embraced both the TPP and the RCEP.

It could also raise barriers to entry on labour, environment and intellectual property when it comes to seeking access to other markets, officials said.

"The TPP will certainly have an impact on India's exports," Commerce Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said. "It is most likely to affect sectors like leather goods, plastics, chemicals, textiles and clothing."

Talks on creating the 16-member RCEP could be the last hope for some Indian companies to break into the global supply chain.

The group comprises the 10 members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia and New Zealand.

If signed, the regional free trade agreement would create an economic bloc with a population of 3.4 billion and trade volume of over $17 trillion.

"We can't waste time," said Chandrajit Banerjee, director general of the Confederation of Indian Industry, which represents manufacturers. "TPP will basically change the landscape of global trade."

Successful export industries, particularly garment and drug makers, are urging Modi to speed up RCEP talks and wrap up trade deals with the European Union and Australia.

But steel, tyre and chemical firms want him to go slow, saying they have been undercut by free trade pacts already done with ASEAN, South Korea, Thailand and Japan.

Indian merchandise exports have fallen for 13 months in a row, depressed by weakening global demand and slumping commodity prices. To boost its stagnant 1.7 percent share of global exports, India needs to raise productivity and move up the value chain, economists say.
20 years grade period ?? I thought VN only request 4-6 years.

Btw: of course we will try to take the best benefit from all kinds of deal.We support TPP as long as it help VN to get rich. VN is not US's vassal states like JP-Aussie-Sing who US can suck them dry, thats why US treat VN in like a partner earning mutual benefit,.:cool:

My cousins are very beautiful . They take after their mother who is a very beautiful Cantonese Chinese. That is why my uncle married her , I guess. :)

See anyone who doubts a JP-CN alliance? Read Nihonjin1051's uncle's story.

Here's another touching story:

“I can never forget her kindness in my life!"- A Japanese orphan's memory of his Chinese adoptive mother - People's Daily Online

“I can never forget her kindness in my life!"- A Japanese orphan's memory of his Chinese adoptive mother

By Huang Jin (People's Daily Online) 08:39, August 03, 2015

"If my Chinese mother did not adopt me, we would not have today's interview. She saved my life and also raised me up. I can never forget her kindness in my life," says Nitaguchi Kunihiro during an interview with People's Daily.

Thousands of Japanese children were abandoned by Japanese invaders in China during the aftermath of World War II. Nitaguchi was one of them.

In the early 1930s, Nitaguchi's parents came to northeast China from Japan. His father worked in the post office, and his mother made kimonos at home to support the family.

In 1939, Nitaguchi was born in China. His father was forced to join the Japanese army during the latter part of the war, when Japan was losing ground, and died on the eve of the Japanese surrender.

Thousands of Japanese people were abandoned by Japanese invaders in China, including Nitaguchi's family. Nitaguchi, along with his mother, lived together in a primary school with very poor conditions. When winter came, his sister and mother died due to hunger and cold.

Nitaguchi fell into despair, thinking he was going to die soon. However a Chinese woman adopted him. Long time hunger made Nitaguchi's body very weak. To restore vitality, his Chinese mother bought rice at a very high price and made porridge for him. At the time, rice was considered as the most nutrient-rich food. During the war, only Japanese people could eat rice, Chinese people were not allowed to eat, and grow rice in the country, according to Nitaguchi.

"Although the family was very poor, my Chinese mother still made every effort to afford me the best food in the family. She never allowed other kids bully me in school," Nitaguchi said.

Nitaguchi told the reporters that his mother never had any education, however she cared much about the education of Nitaguchi. With her support, Nitaguchi was admitted to a university in 1960. Few people could go to the university at the time. After the father's death in 1961, the condition of the family became very difficult. Nitaguchi wanted to quit school and find a job to support the family. But his mother insisted he finish the college.

"My mother died due to heart disease in 1975, that was the saddest thing that happened in my life," said Nitaguchi. In 1989, he returned to Japan. Every year, he came back to China to visit his mother's grave." In my lifetime, as long as I can move, I will continue to visit her. If one day I couldn't make it, my children will come instead of me," Nitaguchi said.

"I hope Abe and the government can have a correct understanding of the history of the aggression that brought catastrophe to its Asian neighbors, and make a sincere apology to the people who have suffered Japanese aggression and make contributions to the good relationship with China and other neighboring countries." Nitaguchi said.

What else Vietnam can offer beside Pho or Fish source...name me something that is worthy:rofl:

2718799690_593c0a7c85_b.jpg
U r not TPP.member,so why we need to tell u what products we can sell ??

U only need to know that JP is not allowed to buy your products cos u r on black list or she will be sued by other TPP.members :cool:

My guesses, front row, all the girls with flowers except the blue one. Back row, girl with blue flower. But.. Girl with striped sweater in front row [slightly to my right] looks distinctly Cantonese mixed race.

My guesses, front row, all the girls with flowers except the blue one. Back row, girl with blue flower. But.. Girl with striped sweater in front row [slightly to my right] looks distinctly Cantonese mixed race.

How can you tell? one with blue flower have similar facial structure.. nose, eyebrow and eye shape

Well, if she is the one in the back row, then affirmed. She is the best looking one. She doesn't look halfling at all. I would have mistook her for full blooded Japanese... Her mother must be very pretty...

:)

Back
Top Bottom