What's new

Norinco VT-4 MBT

its so awesome, we should buy a bunch, then our tank force will be a real beauty, imagine the Al Khalids, VT 4 and the Zarrars, running towards the enemy screaming and jumping, that will be one awesome sight

What I am concerned about is that if China is not inducting a machine that it built then it means something is not right or is "less" about it...whether it's MBT-2000(Al-Khalid) or the FC-1(JF-17)...they were designed & produced by China but they never made it into service with Chinese Forces but were made for export only.
But on the other hand we see China putting so much effort into Type-99 MBT & J-10, producing it in big numbers.
But I think the "less price tag" was enough for us(Pak) to gor for FC-1 & MBT-2000 instead of J-10b & Type-99...!

the gun installed on the top looks kinda new generation
new generation china is revolutionary different from the older

new generation chinese university students training, physically well built, taller and more confident

FOREIGN201409041516000271955380236.jpg

FOREIGN201409041516000279124237243.jpg

this is new china, indeed

new generation chinese university students training, physically well built, taller and more confident

When I was in uni, we still used type 56 rifle. Now we have 95 for students. How time flies.

you got it, good observation
However type 95 is in service for a long time, the first block of 95 has been off duty for years. I think the students just use the old type rifles not the new 95-1. The trainning lasts usually only one month, shorting lasts a half day.

However type 95 is in service for a long time, the first block of 95 has been off duty for years. I think the students just use the old type rifles not the new 95-1. The trainning lasts usually only one month, shorting lasts a half day.

This is not real Type95 or Type95-1 rifle. There'r all Rubber Gun for student and newbie military trainning, the shape just looks like type95 ...

Fake type95, rubber gun
u=820304346,2902107323&fm=23&gp=0.jpg

This is not real Type95 or Type95-1 rifle. There'r all Rubber Gun for student and newbie military trainning, the shape just looks like type95 ...

Fake type95, rubber gun
u=820304346,2902107323&fm=23&gp=0.jpg
At my time, I get a real thing but rubber bullets for basic training.....

What I am concerned about is that if China is not inducting a machine that it built then it means something is not right or is "less" about it...whether it's MBT-2000(Al-Khalid) or the FC-1(JF-17)...they were designed & produced by China but they never made it into service with Chinese Forces but were made for export only.
But on the other hand we see China putting so much effort into Type-99 MBT & J-10, producing it in big numbers.
But I think the "less price tag" was enough for us(Pak) to gor for FC-1 & MBT-2000 instead of J-10b & Type-99...!
Mr China is really interesting country they to sell weapon can design and develop new Tank or Ship or fighter Jet according to requirement off other country no problem with weapons

Mr China is really interesting country they to sell weapon can design and develop new Tank or Ship or fighter Jet according to requirement off other country no problem with weapons

yep, at the same time Pakistan has given us much information about westen weapons as well. I mean the return for doing this is more than you think.

But confusion is still there weather this is AL KHALID II or that is different Tank ?
Hey man its a different tank...this is a VT-4 series while the Al Khalid belongs to the T-90 series, there isn't very much difference in the chassis I am guessing but the avionics sure look and feel different...even the hydraulics and gun scope look completely different...

Not to mention a different size gun and a completely different firing and accuracy rate...I don't have the numbers yet maybe the admin can help me with that?

yep, at the same time Pakistan has given us much information about westen weapons as well. I mean the return for doing this is more than you think.
I think this had basically come the tool of the trade, we give you guys the technology and schematics you need to build us a newly designed weapon (reverse engineering and the sort) ...not that there is anything wrong with it, it's just that people have a very skewed view of professionalism.

If it can get the job done, then hell yes it can be useful.

al right guys time to wake up, the event the video is from is "Norinco Armour Day" and many delegates from many countries are invited, not just pakistan.

Well indeed Sir, from F-16 to their PW-100 engines, SNIPER XR pods & AIMRAM-120 etc...Pakistan has shared a lot with it's all weather Friend, but the difference in military as well & economical might between the two countries prevents Pakistan from playing it's true role. Many may deem it as just a talk but Pakistan is a key point for China in it's way toward becoming a world power at same level as US(& then surpass it).

But confusion is still there weather this is AL KHALID II or that is different Tank ?
If it turns out that the MBT-3000/VT-4 is the Al-Khalid II then that will be TRULY EMBARRASSING for Pakistan because the Chinese are developing our Tanks for us and all of our indigenization hype was nothing more than brain farts. :disagree::tdown:

Al Khalid-Is, Al Khalid-IIs, Al-Zarrars, T-80UDs are the core of Pakistan Ground Force's tank corps.

Pakistan has hundreds of T-59s, T-69s, Type 85s etc etc that it needs to retire and replace them with something else.

I guess this is where advance Chinese tanks come in.

Type 3000 MBT and VT-4 MBT of China are very capable third generation tanks..and Pakistan Army is looking into these guys. If selected, these tanks will replace our older tanks like T-69s etc.

Pakistan's tank force consisting of Al Khalid-1, Al Khalid-IIs, Type-3000s/VT-4s, Al-Zarrars, and upgraded T-80UD will be one of the strongest in the world!
First lets hope the Al-Khalid and the MBT-3000 aren't the same Tank before we reach any conclusions.

Back
Top Bottom