What's new

Norinco A-100 MRL to Pakistan Confirmed

EMO GIRL,

Thanks for confirming what i have been hearing about A100 for the last couple of years.. It seems, Pakistan is on its way of equipping 10 to 14 regiments of A100E. But the number of units per regiment seems to be 18 on contrary to 25 which i had heard. But nevertheless a good find..

The big surprise is HQ-9 LRSAM systems and more T84... IT seems like 3 regiments of this SAM are in place and many more will follow....

SH-1 was confirmed a while ago as well as turkish howtizers too...

overall Pakistan still has edge in artillery in this region and hopefully locally productoin of guns will keep it this way,.

Not more rather we are getting T-84u tanks for the first time .I thnk u are confused with T-80UD tanks of Ukraine origin which PA already have,T-84U is completely a new tank
Here is a pic of t-84u tank

t84_3.jpg

Its a medium range multiple rocket launcher. BTW looks like a copy of Smerch. Is it produced under ToT?

No it is not the copy of Smerch rather the copy of Smerch is another Chinese system called PHL-03

Here is an article confirming the A-100 comtract b/w Pak and China

Hong Kong, China

Pakistan is in the process of purchasing A-100 multi-rocket launch systems from China. According to a Pakistani military industry source, the contract was signed last year with the arms export company, China Precision Machinery Import-Export Corporation.

The initial procurement is a battalion-level system primarily for testing purposes. According to the needs of the Pakistani military, additional imports are also likely.

This is the first time for China to export the A-100 MLRS to a foreign country. South Asian military industry analysts believe that Pakistans procurement of the A-100 is in response to Indias acquisition of the Russian Smerch, or Tornado, MLRS. Both the Smerch and the A-100 are 300-mm calibre rocket launch systems.

In 2001, India signed a contract with Russia to purchase US$450 million worth of Smerch MLRS, which made their first appearance at Indias 2008 National Day military parade. A source from the Chinese military industry claims that the Smerchs maximum range is 90 kilometers, while the A-100 can fire its latest submunitions as far as 120 kilometers. After being fitted with a simplified strike correction system, the A-100s strike accuracy is increased to 33 percent.

The Pakistani military is considering a possible transfer of production site for the A-100 out of China. However, at the current stage, Pakistan will continue to import the system, according to the military industry source.

Some international analysts are of the opinion that the A-100 and the AR-2 300-mm MLRS produced by Chinese manufacturer Norinco are both imitation versions of the Russian Smerch MLRS. But the manufacturers of the A-100 and the AR-2 insist that these three types of MLRS are completely different. Neither the A-100 nor the AR-2 can fire Smerch rocket munitions, nor do they use the same propellant rocket motors or components.

In addition, China is now undertaking technological and structural upgrades of both the A-100 and AR-2 multi-rocket launch systems. These upgrades may include replacing their tube-shaped launchers with box-shaped launchers, as the former are much more expensive, cannot be quickly and easily reloaded and are more difficult to maintain. The similar AR-1 MLRS, which are fitted with box-shaped launchers, no longer require transloaders to load the rockets.

--

(Andrei Chang is editor-in-chief of Kanwa Defense Review Monthly, registered in Toronto, Canada.)

Source:http://www.upiasia.com/Security/2008/09/25...launchers/3978/

No it is not the copy of Smerch rather the copy of Smerch is another Chinese system called PHL-03

PHL-03 is the same system as A-100, difference is PHL-03 is Chinese Army designation, while its export name is AR-2.

A-100 and AR-2 difference is, A-100 is a ten barrel 120KM range system, while PHL-03 or AR-2 is a 12 barrel 150Km range system.

But A-100s can also be upgraded to have the 12 barrels launcher with 150KM range rockets.

umhaaa this is better than regular artilery massive firpower and big blow to enemy forces in just one hit pakistan must have more of these

Not more rather we are getting T-84u tanks for the first time .I thnk u are confused with T-80UD tanks of Ukraine origin which PA already have,T-84U is completely a new tank
Here is a pic of t-84u tank

t84_3.jpg

No more T-84s, Its a misconception. Pakistan got about 300 T-80/84 UDs from Ukraine and that was before Al-khalids arrival. The Initial batches were of T-80 standards some where about 50-60 tanks, however then later on all the tanks were of upgraded T-84 standards with welded turrets and other goodies. However Formally they are not known as T-84 but T-80 UDs in Pakistan even they are T-84s in practicality. Al-khalid is the future of Pakistan army with AK1 in the near future(2011-2012) and AK-2 in the distant(2019) and no other foreign tanks, given the fact Pakistan Army is more then contended with it. There were even some false reports about Pakistan buying Leopard 2A6 sometimes back. One thing more AK-2 will be a completely new tank with tonnage in 50 tone class as believed.

:pakistan:

Adios

i like MPRL system i think pakistan should get atleast 100+ of these so we can have intensive fire power over indians

i like MPRL system i think pakistan should get atleast 100+ of these so we can have intensive fire power over indians

Super try looking at the previous page and see the number of regiments(of this MRLS) army wants ....... the number will exceed 100 easily.Not to forget the other significant arty purchases like turkish Panther howitzers, and US M109A5s.
THNKS

yes sir thanx for mentioning me anyway i hope pakistan increase the number and systems of MRLS more than artilery systems

what ever trucks which carrry these beasts looooks sexy tooo to me

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom