What's new

Non-Muslims ought to be eligible to become President, PM: Kamran Michael

I'm glad that this topic is being brought under discussion. The more it is talked about means more awareness will spread and hopefully one day we will see a Non Muslim PM/President

there is no harm in it, rather its need of the hour, however there are pre-requisites to it...(I wont go into details but they need to be established firmly in the country first)

for this first change the name of country from Islamic to People's republic... i.e., be a secular country first.. !

not so misinformed like you...cow slauthering is not secularism first of all and our muslims understand that and befor worrying about Indian muslims look around and see what france, belgium, Italy are doing to your type, what are they getting in xinjiang (china) , etc..India is best of all when it comes to securing Muslims..alas!! its a tough job ... nevertheless

And we all know how cpure hristians are being raped and killed in pakistan on daily basis and since you are a muslims(your father background) you are well of...and not even minorities just look how pushtuns and urdu-speakers are killing each other like animals in karachi...Islam at its best

Slaughtering and eating cows is against hinduism therefore India is bending down for Hinduism. In a pure secular country no religion is given extra attention. And personally I don't care what happen to muslims in some next countries. Muslims are secured in India?? Is that why there are apartments that ban Muslims because those Hindus and Jains that live there will be offended by the meat Muslims cook. Is that why most Muslims live in segregated neighbourhoods?

And Christians being raped and killed in Pakistan?? Your confusing that with Christians being raped and killed in Orissa. Pashtuns and Urdu Speakers aren't killing each other, whats happening in karachi is purely a political gang war. Even cities like Rio are presently experiencing it.

My first name is Christian/Western or whatever you call it, had Pakistanis been extremists or intolerant I would have been discriminated at every step.

And you can continue insulting Islam or any religion for that matter. Im not religious or anything.

I think its still officially ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF PAKISTAN, Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The name was adopted again in the 1973 Constitution and hence, stands out to be Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

Secondly, there is a factual error in article as there has been no recent constitutional refrom barring non-muslims to be a PM but the law has been in place for ages...

for this first change the name of country from Islamic to People's republic... i.e., be a secular country first.. !

If being secular means being understanding to rights of all other religions & co-exisitng peacefully, then Islam is already secular enough. All we need to do, is be a true Islamic Republic...

bla bla bla bla..in a pure secular country Burqa is banned right?? in a pure secular country Muslims are killed for mere peaceful protest (China). right?

if you are the flag bearer for muslims raise your voice against every country who are much more inclined towards anti-muslim acts than those who is giving Muslims equal opportunity...double standard at its best

Im not a flag bearer for any Muslim. Im just highlighting the fact that India fails to be secular. The government it self was involved in massacre of Sikhs, and massacre of Muslims in Gujarat and demolition of that mosque which sparked riots killing thousands. Burqas should be banned all over the world actually, especially for security reasons. Burqa isn't in Islam and was invented by tribal arabs.

Slaughtering and eating cows is against hinduism therefore India is bending down for Hinduism. In a pure secular country no religion is given extra attention. And personally I don't care what happen to muslims in some next countries. Muslims are secured in India?? Is that why there are apartments that ban Muslims because those Hindus and Jains that live there will be offended by the meat Muslims cook. Is that why most Muslims live in segregated neighbourhoods?

And Christians being raped and killed in Pakistan?? Your confusing that with Christians being raped and killed in Orissa. Pashtuns and Urdu Speakers aren't killing each other, whats happening in karachi is purely a political gang war. Even cities like Rio are presently experiencing it.

And you can continue insulting Islam or any religion for that matter. Im not religious or anything.
India is a secular nation that respects all religions. there is no banning of burqa in india, no one asks sikhs to remove turbans at airports.
what apartments are you talking about ...some society refused to give flat to shabana aazi for some reason and she was quick to play victim and play the religion card. u know there are even places in india which are owned by muslims or muslim society and hindus and other religion' ppl cannot buy property there. one such apartments are azad apartments in new delhi. my cousin wanted to buy a flat there but was refused, they only sell to muslims, but no one created a hue and cry.
as for the christian murder incident that was one isolated incident many yrs ago....u don't have a face to accuse us when in your own country shias and other minorities are persecuted on regular basis.

My first name is Christian/Western or whatever you call it, had Pakistanis been extremists or intolerant I would have been discriminated at every step.

Thank you Sir, that was honest. Here in Pakistan, we live happily together...

Slaughtering and eating cows is against hinduism therefore India is bending down for Hinduism. In a pure secular country no religion is given extra attention. And personally I don't care what happen to muslims in some next countries. Muslims are secured in India?? Is that why there are apartments that ban Muslims because those Hindus and Jains that live there will be offended by the meat Muslims cook. Is that why most Muslims live in segregated neighbourhoods?.
Brother, even meat eating Hindus like me do not get a house for rent which is owned by a Brahmin, that does not mean that India is not secular. Thats the will and wish of the house owner.
are there no muslims living in the rented house owned by a Hindu. how many hindus participate in Muslim function and how many Muslim participate in Hindu function. This is enormose communal hormoney here in India when compared to any other country. With a big population where 80% Hindus and 18% Muslims and 2% other religion with so many difference, you can not find the country like mine and I am proud to call my self an Indian.

Is that why our current prime minister and president are Shia? Plus hundreds of others in government? Or the fact that we have one the largest number of Shia's

they still are the minority and your PM being a shia does not stop them being persecuted.
If that is your argument then our PM is a sikh, sikhs are over represented in armed forces, vice president is a muslim and richest muslim in the world is an Indian.

Im not a flag bearer for any Muslim. Im just highlighting the fact that India fails to be secular. The government it self was involved in massacre of Sikhs, and massacre of Muslims in Gujarat and demolition of that mosque which sparked riots killing thousands. Burqas should be banned all over the world actually, especially for security reasons. Burqa isn't in Islam and was invented by tribal arabs.

The killing of Sikhs was an unfortunate event, when a strong and beloved PM gets killed, the MOB which has no mind does attrocities. so do not club events of diffent sence to judge a country as secular or not.
the Gujarat riot is some thing that a fanatic Muslim group that burnt alive 56 Hindus in a train and sparked the event. It was not the first fault on the Hindus part.
Demolition of Babar Masjid, its a different case where History is involved, Moghal emperors destroyed Ram temple and built the Mosque when they ruled. The Hindus tried to just took back what they delieved to be theirs. the case in Court gave a verdict that the land be divided between Hindus and Muslim, is our courts not proving that we are secular enough. If we were not secular the land would have been given to Hindus.

Is that why our current prime minister and president are Shia? Plus hundreds of others in government? Or the fact that we have one the largest number of Shia's

they still are the minority and your PM being a shia does not stop them being persecuted.
If that is your argument then our PM is a sikh, sikhs are over represented in armed forces, vice president is a muslim and richest muslim in the world is an Indian.

Lol at them being prosecuted.Just because some idiots go around killing people doesn't mean the Pakistani state or majority of people back it

Funny how you guys know nothing about Pakistan. Point out instance where there have been massacres like Gujarat, 1984, Orissa, etc in Pakistan. Pakistan isn't prefect but India should be the last country on earth lecturing us about minority rights

Lol at them being prosecuted.Just because some idiots go around killing people doesn't mean the Pakistani state or majority of people back it

Funny how you guys know nothing about Pakistan. Point out instance where there have been massacres like Gujarat, 1984, Orissa, etc in Pakistan. Pakistan isn't prefect but India should be the last country on earth lecturing us about minority rights

Brother, you are the one who opend this thread, we Indians are not lecturing you on the minority issue that your Country has, we are just sharing our idea.
So loose the temper. Be cool :alcoholic:

Brother, you are the one who opend this thread, we Indians are not lecturing you on the minority issue that your Country has, we are just sharing our idea.
So loose the temper. Be cool :alcoholic:

Well one of the Indian posters brought up the whole "miserable minority conditions in Pakistan".

But yes lets not go off topic.

Back
Top Bottom