What's new

Noam Chomsky: Saudi Air Campaign Has given Space to Al Qaeda to Spread in Yemen

I am against your Mullah's or any Iranian regime or people meddling in Arab affairs, spreading terrorism and causing division as they have done since 1979.

I am just saying that vis-á-vis Arabs as people you are more or less identical.

I don't care about Arab regimes.

Not really, i just told you a few posts ago that after the Mullahs are gone we will have our hands full of with problems inside the country. We wont have any time to hate anyone, all our time will be focused in lifting the country from the dark pits it has been thrown by the mullah terrorists.

I also told you that nowadays is the age of trade and modernization not war (if you insist, i allow you to use the term rivalry at max, but let it be positive rivalry).

We are more than 30 years enemies with the outside world, that has to change. We gained nothing from such terrorist activities.

neither does ISIS does it?
its a shame we are bitten by everyone instead. damn the kismat

their country their rule. why should we gang up and blow up their airports and their infrastructure?

why should an outsider country attack another one? Houthis consist of 6 Sunni tribes and one Shia Zaidi tribe are backed by Yemen Army and even former president Ali Abdullah salay who was treated in KSA after he was injured in Al Qaeda attack. this is like legalising international intervention over civil war in a country.

now if the counter argument is that the rebels are supported by Iranians then its a very weak one because there is no moral ground to stand on and we are saying we are bad as Iranians just because they are doing it we are doing it too.
should Saudis attack Pakistan too because BLA or TTP is fighting Pakistani state? very strange logic in my opinion.

there is no moral ground in this war or war in Syria or the crushing of the Arab spring in Bahrain it is only national interests and safeguarding the strategic supply lines.

the fact remains that where ever Saudi or Americans have dropped bombs... Al Qaeda/ ISIS has directly benefited. Yemen despite its sectarian diversity, had no sectarian issue or Al Qaeda footprint like rest of Middle east but now their flags fly on government buildings.

THIS, is the only issue I have and Noam is pointing at.
otherwise bombs away, I cant care less how Saudis conduct their policies and how they counter Iran and how they protect their sea routes to supply Oil to their western allies.

As i asked a member like you, show me when did the houthies tortured by a goverment, and didn't they have the right to elect a goverment?

You trying to compare mosquito with a elaphant and fail. So when you trying to compare Syrian dictator with a democratically ellected counrty come with some aliens....

Ancient-Aliens.jpg

This is true.

Noam Chomsky is a Middle East affairs realist. My own intuition agrees with him, I was saying this exact thing few weeks/months ago. I trust this man's judgement too.

This is true.

Noam Chomsky is a Middle East affairs realist. My own intuition agrees with him, I was saying this exact thing few weeks/months ago. I trust this man's judgement too.

bin Laden thought the same ;)

The list of books and other publications seized by US Navy Seals during the May 2011 raid in which the al–Qaida leader was killed reveal an eclectic range of reading material including works by Noam Chomsky, Yale history professor Paul Kennedy, and journalist Bob Woodward, as well as books suggesting that senior US officials deliberately allowed the 9/11 attacks to succeed.

bin Laden thought the same ;)

The list of books and other publications seized by US Navy Seals during the May 2011 raid in which the al–Qaida leader was killed reveal an eclectic range of reading material including works by Noam Chomsky, Yale history professor Paul Kennedy, and journalist Bob Woodward, as well as books suggesting that senior US officials deliberately allowed the 9/11 attacks to succeed.

This does not discredit Chomsky at all. Bin Laden like any other big fish of his calibre understood the region. And do not think him a fool, his organisation, goals and the rest have been some of the most successful in this century so far.

Chomsky predicted it, he know has every right to shout about it, and Bin Laden, used these very facts to puppet the world and the US' response and foreign policy to suit his own goals in the middle east.

The only way the US could've been a more perfect partner for Al Qaeda is, that they started carrying black flags on their equipment, otherwise every single move more poorly calculated than the last.

Back
Top Bottom