What's new

No water, no trade with India: Khaleda

Your bharat mata is stopping water flow to Bangladesh, creating trade barrier, killing our people, doing conspiracy and instability in our nation, destroying our youth by sending drugs... n after all these what do you expect??? Welcome your bharat mata with rose!!!
This is exactly what BD is doing against India except for the water part.

Add to that your pushing into India of 3 million BD refugees who have settled in NE India changing the demography of the region, as well as nurturing and providing safe havens to terror organizations like the HuJI during Khaleda's rule.

And you must understand political compulsions in India. The government was all for the sharing of Teesta waters, but their coalition partner Mamta Banarjee put her bl00dy foot down for cheap popularity. The government had to prostrate before her as she holds the key to the coalition. If she withdraws support the government will fall like a pack of cards!

Sharing of waters will probably take place after the elections in 2014.

Cheers!

I have already commented regarding the international legal framework surrounding water from common rivers. Treaties like Indus are based on those principals. I wont bother rehashing other than to say India does have legal obligations.

No we don't have any legal obligations. Every liter of water we send to BD is purely on moral obligations and not on legal obligation.

In terms of your perception of threat then yes in some ways it is. It is an economic threat in terms of future deeper integration. Despite what you believe Bangladesh economy is not dependent on you in any way. Our biggest trading partner in terms of where we sell our goods to is the EU and the US & Canada, then Middle east, then africa and the far east and then India. We buy more from you than you buy from us, so you have no leverage.

I never said we had any leverage on you. It is Khaleda who issued a threat as if BD had any leverage on India. I just said we will not notice any difference if BD stops trading. Let's hope it does not go to that.

Rather than getting into jingoistic argument about bay of bengal being your lake as if you have either the capacity, the will, or the right to somehow blockade international water and thereby cut us off from the rest of the world listen to what is being stated by the lady.

We have the capacity. Will and right, well that depends on the situation. Again let's hope for our sake it does not go to that.

You need to do so through the prism of Bangladesh politics.

Bangladesh is a sovereign country, India’s leverage vis a vis BAL is one dimensional. If india wants a productive relationship it must calibrate its stance, BNP will not be as subservient as BAL . If it chooses otherwise Bangladesh steered by BNP will exercise non Indian options.

This is primarily a dig at BAL, and a credible warning to india that by being too close to one political party it is forcing an opposing reaction from BNP.

Look mate, no offence, but BD's geographical position indicated that whatever party be in power in Dhaka, BD must have a productive relation with India if it needs to move forward. Sure, we have a better relation with AL than with BNP because our idealogy matches more with AL than with BNP and its allies.

And believe Teesta waters dont depend on AL.It depends on what the CM on our part of Bengal thinks. AL or BNP don't matter.

For my two cents the europeans, americans and the chinese are laughing their heads off at us. By that I mean Bangladesh, India and Pakistan. We are spending so much time and effort fighting one another that we are ignoring development of our nations. Short sightedness all around.

Im sure BD and India are not fighting. It is not an equal fight nor we have reasons to fight each other. India and BD are allies as far as I am concerned. Like you have concerns about water, we too have concerns like illegal migration from BD, BD territory being used for anti-India activities etc. Address on that and see our friendlier side.

Regarding Pakistan, that is a different issue. They eye a part of our country with covetous eyes and that is the basis of the enmity.

Your bharat mata is stopping water flow to Bangladesh, creating trade barrier, killing our people, doing conspiracy and instability in our nation, destroying our youth by sending drugs... n after all these what do you expect??? Welcome your bharat mata with rose!!!

If Bangla mata sends her people to pole vault or indulge in smuggling then Bharat mata has no choice but to shoot them. The implementation is fair, even intruding Pakistanis are given the same treatment. So you are not alone in that.

If we are denying water to you after flouting international treaties then you have every right to take up this matter in international court of justice and fight for your rights. propaganda/warnings like "No water No trade" will hurt BD more brother!!!

Iam not saying you to compromise on your right, but politicians from both the countries needs to deal with each other in a matured way rather than passing popularistic comments just to please people. BD can prosper at a faster face if it understands its constraints and work with neighbours.
I have already commented regarding the international legal framework surrounding water from common rivers. Treaties like Indus are based on those principals. I wont bother rehashing other than to say India does have legal obligations.

In terms of your perception of threat then yes in some ways it is. It is an economic threat in terms of future deeper integration. Despite what you believe Bangladesh economy is not dependent on you in any way. Our biggest trading partner in terms of where we sell our goods to is the EU and the US & Canada, then Middle east, then africa and the far east and then India. We buy more from you than you buy from us, so you have no leverage.

Rather than getting into jingoistic argument about bay of bengal being your lake as if you have either the capacity, the will, or the right to somehow blockade international water and thereby cut us off from the rest of the world listen to what is being stated by the lady.

You need to do so through the prism of Bangladesh politics.

Bangladesh is a sovereign country, India’s leverage vis a vis BAL is one dimensional. If india wants a productive relationship it must calibrate its stance, BNP will not be as subservient as BAL . If it chooses otherwise Bangladesh steered by BNP will exercise non Indian options.

This is primarily a dig at BAL, and a credible warning to india that by being too close to one political party it is forcing an opposing reaction from BNP.

For my two cents the europeans, americans and the chinese are laughing their heads off at us. By that I mean Bangladesh, India and Pakistan. We are spending so much time and effort fighting one another that we are ignoring development of our nations. Short sightedness all around.

Roybot,

Thanks for the link. I will read it. My understanding was that a framework exist but agreements are reached through negotiation in reference to the framework.

if khalida has problem she is welcome on talks. come sit and talk. its not pan-massala shop, no pan masala no money. she is behaving like kid. how bd ppl are tolerating her?

there is a framework for water sharing, if she had problem sit and talk. stop talking like red capped monkey.

Thanks. I know what you mean. These are 'excuses' made by 'losers' because at the end of the day, what is at stake is Bangladesh's future in its entirety. There's no scope for excuses. Either Bangladesh counters the evil schemes of the Hindutva radicals and their backers from Neoconservative radical western camps who dreamt of creating a "New American Century" as envisioned in the Project for the New American Century, or Bangladesh gets swamped by the poisons of radical saffron brigade terrorism.
BRO, BNP/JI walas had come to power right after Noy-Egaror Vhondami, by when the world became completely different and even the then PREZ of PAK gave up on threat (HOY AMADER SATHE AAR NA NOY ODER SATHE). At that time BNP/JI walas were too weak, insignificant to go against the wish of big giant and that wasn't excuse but reality. Also giving stick, blackmailing of the world by the powerful continued with full swing up until the last day of their tenure, which was true as well. So, it wasn't entirely an excuse but lack of their cunningness in creating effective shields of survival could be identified. They had followed each and every foot step of global Jhuddaporadis just to be back-stabbed later. On OCT.28th, 2006 the magnitude of the sold out of RAB, ARMY, POLICE other Law Enforcers started to pop up, which got clearer with MUA/FUA'S take over in 1/11, 2007. So, if I were you, I would forgive them for their naivety and for being in power at the wrong time of history, thanks.

After the Awami league government came to power, it is accused that it is following what is in interest of India can some Bangladeshi member elaborate on this? If this is the case how it came to power in the first place?

After the Awami league government came to power, it is accused that it is following what is in interest of India can some Bangladeshi member elaborate on this? If this is the case how it came to power in the first place?
Sara Rat Ramayan pore sokale uthe Sita Kar Baap ekei bole, Bujli Dada?

All i can say is , people of BD need to understand that this is just election gimmick , This is typical case of speaking to the gallery , she is giving what the audience wants to hear ....

What is the use of Khaleda if she speaks the same tune as Sheikh Hasina ??? So this is just to be unique and win over people to her side by presenting that India is doing so sort of oppression which is untrue.

Once Khaleda comes to power watch out things wont change much , instead there would be more progress in our ties ,,,, may be that time Sheikh Hasina will be doing what Khaleda is doing today ... ie oppsing since they are in opposition ... no harm !!!:cheers:

Too many new BD flags with newly opened accounts in this thread ..... guess it could be Pak false flaggers , but i may be wrong !!!

However message from Indian perspective , We can and should live with mutual respect and goodwill for mutual benefit , there is nothing too huge which cannot be solved peacefully between us .... dont fall for jingoism and conspiracy theories ! good luck cheers

If India does not follow the give n take rule, trade should be minimized to the lowest extent. All the trade is only benefiting India legally and illegally.

Where did she said anything wrong?

Do you think India would mind ..it will be loose loose situation for BD....No trade with India ...BO is in much bigger lose......No water...100% BD lose.....so better not threat India rather than talk....:smokin:

OK.....Thank You.....First of all lets stop export of Cotton Balls to Bangladesh.....

Back
Top Bottom