What's new

No surgical strikes on LoC: UN monitoring mission

My suggestion at time when Hindustan made first announcement was that instead of trying to refute, we must accept her claim and call it Hindustan initiated aggression and should have taken out few of their actual posts as revenge of these imaginary strikes.

our policy makers are either not too smart or just lazy

So far the Indians have dreamed about three versions of the strikes.
1: It was an Airborne assault.
2: It was a Heliborne operation.,
3: The Indian soldiers trekked for some 10 hours through minefields and barbed wires before launching attack.
The latest attempt by Bollywood to lift tail of the bewildered Indians (Supposedly based on real events) also shows soldiers abseiling from Helicopters...... hell DRDO must have created some martian technology that on such a sensitive and active LOC, no one heard or cared about choppers flying in the middle of the night.
It was reported that during the Gulf war, the French soldiers were getting their kicks from drinking bottles of perfumes....seems the Leopard's urine has really got the Indians high.

l_116502_014356_updates.jpg

United Nations—As the hysterical self-aggrandizement and boastful lies of India are in their process of betraying themselves before the world, UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon’s spokesperson Stephane Dujarric has also repudiated the Indian claims of so-called ‘surgical strikes.’
In the daily press briefing, Dujarric said, “The UN Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan has not directly observed any firing across the LoC related to the latest incidents.”
“Facts on the ground do not change whether somebody acknowledges or not. Facts are facts, we presented the facts and that’s where we stand,” India’s Permanent Representative to the UN Syed Akbaruddin said about UN’s refutation of Indian narrative.
When asked to explain how UNMOGIP can say it did not observe any firing even as India said it has conducted the surgical strikes, Dujarric repeated that UNMOGIP has not “directly observed” any of the firing.
“They are obviously aware of the reports of these presumed violations and are talking to the relevant concerned authorities,” he said.
The explicit refusal to confirm the Indian propagandist reports was met with great anguish and anger in India. India’s permanent representative at the UN, Syed Akbaruddin said that the facts on the ground do not change whether somebody has “observed” it or not.
Rejecting the embarrassing refusal from UN, Akbaruddin in his obstinate remarks stated that “I have nothing to say because what (Dujarric) said was ‘directly observed’. It’s a call that they have to take. I cannot place myself in their boots and directly observe something.”
Secretary General Ban Ki Moon on Friday expressed regrets over the fact that UNMOGIP (United Nations Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan) has not been able to fully function due to India’s non-cooperation, adding that the UN’s military mission is only able to operate on the Pakistani controlled side of the LoC as India refuses to accept its functioning on the other side and opposes its expansion.
Pakistan had already dismissed the claim that Indian forces conducted a surgical strike on Pakistani side of Line of Control in Azad Kashmir violating the 2003 ceasefire treaty. As many as two Pakistani soldiers were martyred as India resorted to unprovoked firing along the Line of Control in Azad Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday.

https://pakobserver.net/no-surgical-strikes-on-loc-un-monitoring-mission/

IQ's have really dropped on def.pk, especially recently.

Not one member pointed out, how the above OP is trying to dupe everyone by posting a 2 year old news.

Not one member pointed out that this yet another case yellow journalism by an idiotic Pakistani outlet.

Where the reporter has attempted to misguide the reader to what Stephane Dujarric said.

All he said, was

“The UN Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan has not directly observed any firing across the LoC related to the latest incidents.”

How did that idiot reporter to came to the conclusion, that there were no surgical strikes, from the above statement, God only knows.

But then wasn't it, Pakistani army, which claimed that, there were no surgical strikes but only cross border firing that day.

https://indianexpress.com/article/i...-no-strikes-only-cross-border-firing-3057018/

Using Pakistani line of argument. If UNMOGIP did not observe any firing on the said date, then that means Pakistani army must be lying about the cross border firing ? Isn't it, Pakistani posters ?

Seems cherry picking is habitual for Indians.
If the news is two year old then the claim of the so called surgical strikes is that old as well, however it's another thing that Modi sarkar forgot the anniversary last year but decided to pop open the cow cola this year.
Going back to Stephane Dujarric, it's not difficult to comprehend the psyche of his statement.

“The UN Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan has not directly observed any firing across the LoC related to the latest incidents.”

IQ's have really dropped on def.pk, especially recently.

Not one member pointed out, how the above OP is trying to dupe everyone by posting a 2 year old news.

Not one member pointed out that this yet another case yellow journalism by an idiotic Pakistani outlet.

Where the reporter has attempted to misguide the reader to what Stephane Dujarric said.

All he said, was

How did that idiot reporter to came to the conclusion, that there were no surgical strikes, from the above statement, God only knows.

But then wasn't it, Pakistani army, which claimed that, there were no surgical strikes but only cross border firing that day.

https://indianexpress.com/article/i...-no-strikes-only-cross-border-firing-3057018/

Using Pakistani line of argument. If UNMOGIP did not observe any firing on the said date, then that means Pakistani army must be lying about the cross border firing ? Isn't it, Pakistani posters ?

Agreed, ... participation of more and more empty-headed Hindutva Bhakts from across the border has remarkably contributed to the drop/decline in IQ's on def.pk

As for what the idiotic Pakistani reporter had said .. that was not much different from what the Idotic Indian Permanent Representative to UN, Syed Akbaruddin, had said/confirmed ..

@ MODS
Please block and remove this troll inviting fest of sorts.
Matter has been discussed and buried too many times already....unless the OP was living in a cave...

Well we do have faultlines, but our neighbour has much more vulnerabilities than we have at any given time. So don't expect it to be a zero sum game. Every favour will be reciprocated with interest compounded as you can see. :butcher:

Actually india have more fault lines but it is not touched by Pakistan. Pakistan has never get involved in supporting separatists or terrorists in india, whereas india has. Remember 71 and BLA?

So UNMOGIP was not present in the area being talked about.

https://peacekeeping.un.org/en/mission/unmogip

You gonna tell me 114 people (72 of which are civilians) can monitor the entire length and breath of LoC...without any sensor network deployed either? Hmm...mmmkay. Man if only India knew that and didn't need 750,000+ or whatever the number is that you all say we have deployed in Kashmir.....we just need 114 apparently.

@AUSTERLITZ @MilSpec @hellfire @Joe Shearer @Robinhood Pandey
Who cares.

Agreed, ... participation of more and more empty-headed Hindutva Bhakts from across the border has remarkably contributed to the drop/decline in IQ's on def.pk

As for what the idiotic Pakistani reporter had said .. that was not much different from what the Idotic Indian Permanent Representative to UN, Syed Akbaruddin, had said/confirmed ..

On the contrary, India participation on this forum has greatly reduced(which I presume something that management has decided, as Indian posters are no longer essential for survival of this forum), which has had lead to a rise in Pakistani troll population and intelligence quotient in this forum has greatly come down, over the past year or so.

Second part of your post is non sensical, Indian rep to UN, makes utmost sense, where he essentially says, " just because UNMOGIP has not observed something happening, that does not mean, that event did not happen."

For example, what UNMOGIP has basically said, they did not directly observe any firing on LOC on the day of surgical strikes, but then how do you explain this Pakistani army statement.

Pakistan denies surgical strikes, says only cross-border firing happened

On the contrary, India participation on this forum has greatly reduced(which I presume something that management has decided, as Indian posters are no longer essential for survival of this forum), which has had lead to a rise in Pakistani troll population and intelligence quotient in this forum has greatly come down, over the past year or so.

Second part of your post is non sensical, Indian rep to UN, makes utmost sense, where he essentially says, " just because UNMOGIP has not observed something happening, that does not mean, that event did not happen."

For example, what UNMOGIP has basically said, they did not directly observe any firing on LOC on the day of surgical strikes, but then how do you explain this Pakistani army statement.

Pakistan denies surgical strikes, says only cross-border firing happened

Well, the UN follows diplomatic protocols and etiquette ... Their spokesperson saying that the UN appointed observers did not observe the surgical strike was a polite and diplomatic way to reject the Indian claims.
And that precisely was the reason for which it was met with great anguish and anger in India which led Akbaruddin to lash out at the UN the (undiplomatic) way he did.

As for the Indian rep to the UN making utmost sense (sic),
It only makes as much sense as saying this :

" Just because No one has seen Ghosts, that does not mean Ghosts do not exist"

And lastly, some friendly advice. When you start an argument by declaring that others have lower IQ (and are idiots) but then go on to post immature and stupid stuff yourself, you only end up making yourself look like an absolute idiot. So, better avoid doing this next time.

Have a nice day

Last edited:
Well, the UN follows diplomatic protocols and etiquette ... Their spokesperson saying that the UN appointed observers did not observe the surgical strike was a polite and diplomatic way to reject the Indian claims.
And that precisely was the reason for which it was met with great anguish and anger in India which led Akbaruddin to lash out at the UN the (undiplomatic) way he did.

As for the Indian rep to the UN making utmost sense (sic),
It only makes as much sense as saying this :

" Just because No one has seen Ghosts, that does not mean Ghosts do not exist"

And lastly, some friendly advice. When you start an argument by declaring that others have lower IQ (and are idiots) but then go on to post immature and stupid stuff yourself, you only end up making yourself look like an absolute idiot. So, better avoid doing this next time.

Have a nice day

Distorting other's words is it a Pakistani trait?

I repeat, that is not what UN said, what they said was.

In the daily press briefing, Dujarric said, “The UN Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan has not directly observed any firing across the LoC related to the latest incidents.”

But then Pakistani army claims that only incident that happened that night(the night of the surgical strikes) was the firing across the LOC, can you please explain how is it possible? Is UN lying or Pakistan army lying ?

Last edited:
Distorting other's words is it a Pakistani trait?

I repeat, that is not what UN said, what they said was.

But then Pakistani army claims that only incident that happened that night(the night of the surgical strikes) was the firing across the LOC, can you please explain how is it possible? Is UN lying or Pakistan army lying ?

Firstly, you should realize that using large and bright fonts (or trying to shout out loud) doesn't prove you right or make your argument more compelling and credible.

Secondly, as pointed out to you already, the UN follows diplomatic protocols and etiquette ... Their spokesperson saying that the UN appointed observers did not observe the surgical strike was a polite and diplomatic way to reject the Indian claims. And that precisely was the reason for which it was met with great anguish and anger in India which led Akbaruddin to lash out at the UN the (undiplomatic) way he did... Please read it again and again until you understand what you are actually being told here.

Thirdly, The UN spokesperson made it clear that he was referring to the Indian claims of surgical strike :

...... UNMOGIP has not directly observed any firing across the Line of Control related to the latest incidents.

Question: Thank you. Does the Secretary-General have any plans to call the Indian Prime Minister?

Spokesman: If we have anything to share on that regard, I will share them with you. Yes, go ahead and then Edie.

Question: Sorry, what you just said, that UNMOGIP did not observe any firing across the Line; the Indians are saying basically that the surgical strikes did go.

Spokesman: What I'm saying is that UNMOGIP has not directly observed any of the… any firing. They're obviously aware of the reports of these presumed violations, and they're talking to the relevant… to the concerned authorities. Edie?

https://www.un.org/press/en/2016/db160930.doc.htm

Lastly, some friendly advice. Stupid and provoking statements like "Distorting other's words is it a Pakistani trait" only make your argument weaker and invalid. Decent criticism and genuine questions are welcome, blistering jingoism and crude invective aren't,

Thank you

Firstly, you should realize that using large and bright fonts (or trying to shout out loud) doesn't prove you right or make your argument more compelling and credible.

Secondly, as pointed out to you already, the UN follows diplomatic protocols and etiquette ... Their spokesperson saying that the UN appointed observers did not observe the surgical strike was a polite and diplomatic way to reject the Indian claims. And that precisely was the reason for which it was met with great anguish and anger in India which led Akbaruddin to lash out at the UN the (undiplomatic) way he did... Please read it again and again until you understand what you are actually being told here.

Thirdly, The UN spokesperson made it clear that he was referring to the Indian claims of surgical strike :

...... UNMOGIP has not directly observed any firing across the Line of Control related to the latest incidents.

Question: Thank you. Does the Secretary-General have any plans to call the Indian Prime Minister?

Spokesman: If we have anything to share on that regard, I will share them with you. Yes, go ahead and then Edie.

Question: Sorry, what you just said, that UNMOGIP did not observe any firing across the Line; the Indians are saying basically that the surgical strikes did go.

Spokesman: What I'm saying is that UNMOGIP has not directly observed any of the… any firing. They're obviously aware of the reports of these presumed violations, and they're talking to the relevant… to the concerned authorities. Edie?

https://www.un.org/press/en/2016/db160930.doc.htm

Lastly, some friendly advice. Stupid and provoking statements like "Distorting other's words is it a Pakistani trait" only make your argument weaker and invalid. Decent criticism and genuine questions are welcome, blistering jingoism and crude invective aren't,

Thank you

Why are you assuming a narrative that suits you, instead of the actual words he said. I am sure a UN rep knows enough english , to know the difference between cross border firing and a physical cross border attack.

When some one says, they have not observed any firing. They mean, firing and not cross border strike.

And when Pakistan army say, they had firing incident that night.

So how is it possible.

Why would Pakistani army tell you, they had cross border firing that night, when UNMOGIP never observed any firing ?

Last edited:
Please could you explain it to us all, why are you assuming a narrative that suits you, instead of the actual words he said. I am sure a UN rep knows enough english vocabulary, to know the difference between cross border firing and a physical cross border attack.

When some one says, they have not observed any firing. They mean, firing and not cross border strike.

And when Pakistan army say, they had firing incident that night.

So how could such a thing happen.

Why would Pakistani army tell you, they had cross border firing that night, when UNMOGIP never observed any firing ?

I am not assuming anything, my friend.

Of course the UN spokesperson knew enough English vocabulary, and diplomatic etiquette also ...That's why he chose to use the words he did (after a little pause) while answering the question regarding Indian Surgical Strike. Let me post it again, for you:

Spokesman: What I'm saying is that UNMOGIP has not directly observed any of the… any firing. They're obviously aware of the reports of these presumed violations, and they're talking to the relevant… to the concerned authorities

The question and the answer were absolutely clear.

The UN's refusal to accept Indian claim of surgical strike was met with great anguish and anger in India which led Akbaruddin to lash out at the UN the (undiplomatic) way he did..

Do you get it now ?

I am not assuming anything, my friend.

Of course the UN spokesperson knew enough English vocabulary, and diplomatic etiquette also ...That's why he chose to use the words he did (after a little pause) while answering the question regarding Indian Surgical Strike. Let me post it again, for you:

Spokesman: What I'm saying is that UNMOGIP has not directly observed any of the… any firing. They're obviously aware of the reports of these presumed violations, and they're talking to the relevant… to the concerned authorities

The question and the answer were absolutely clear.

It was met with great anguish and anger in India which led Akbaruddin to lash out at the UN the (undiplomatic) way he did..

Do you get it now ?

You are right about one thing, he chose his words carefully, he repeatedly said the words " did not directly observe" and "firing" and not surgical strikes and not cross border strikes.

And God only knows, how you people conclude from these carefully chosen words, thats his diplomatic way of saying there were no surgical strike.

Let me give you an analogy, which you will understand. If I were to say, the other day I went to a Mosque or a temple or a Church and I did not observe any God there, Does that mean there is no GOD.

Back
Top Bottom