What's new

No plan to buy F-35: Govt

You're right. Rising cost and delays (and people say Indian LCA was delayed) has raised serious questions about this project. Not to mention the recession and defence cuts current partners are facing. I wonder if they were trying to bring in India to get some money into the project, the way the Russians did with the FGFA.

Brother Cost and delay is not an issue... When you make something new/out of box. Delay happen, so does the cost overrun... So please don't think about it,....

The real reason behind rejecting F35 is "\Trust deficit" and "Indian Requirement", No matter How good F35 is, does USA will give ToT?? Will it allow to make an assembly line of F35 in India?? Will India Impact by any future arm embargo by USA???

Looking all these question, We felt that JSF is not good for us..

@corruption: Though Sonia and other are corrupted Mr Anthony is not. The whole MMRCA tender was there to eliminate any corruption and fare deal.. So I am not smelling any rat here...

Brother Cost and delay is not an issue... When you make something new/out of box. Delay happen, so does the cost overrun... So please don't think about it,....

The real reason behind rejecting F35 is "\Trust deficit" and "Indian Requirement", No matter How good F35 is, does USA will give ToT?? Will it allow to make an assembly line of F35 in India?? Will India Impact by any future arm embargo by USA???

Looking all these question, We felt that JSF is not good for us..

@corruption: Though Sonia and other are corrupted Mr Anthony is not. The whole MMRCA tender was there to eliminate any corruption and fare deal.. So I am not smelling any rat here...

You're right about cost over runs in innovative products and I'm not arguing for induction of F-35. For sure,ToT was not going to be offered. But the point I was trying to make is that Indian money would've been a big incentive for them to even think of offering this machine to India. Similar to Indian money going into the FGFA and EADS offering to include India in the consortium with access to future developments in the Typhoon.
Everything I mentioned in the last few lines would have been laughed off as an impossibility one year back.
Indian money seems to do be doing a lot of talking.

I guess 50 billion dollars of black project its nothing compared to Indias 11 Billion stretched over decades....:disagree:

oh but Indias paper MCA will out perform what the americans have...:lol:

First of all you havent understood what is the aim beneath MMRCA.. unlike Pakistan which is completely destroyed by America by dominating its aresnal.. India will never do the mistake.. India aims to develop good industrial base along with technology with MMRCA... This can be seen w.r.t to offset clause..
F-35 is more of bane than a boon... we will not get anything and will be a mere equal to Pakistan F-16...

Conspiracy? Don;t be foolish many scandals are whispered as conspiracies only to be brought out to the open. IAF selection was based on the absence of the F 35. We have waited so long, we can wait a little bit more
wat is the need to go for another fifth gen platform wen u already have two fifth gen platform in ur kitty....FGFA and AMCA...not to forget 50 PAKFA ......

"one" government offering its best machine?

Which one that could be? :unsure:

This one??

yl2fRzcuhw.jpg

:smitten:

I wonder if there is corruption involving Sonia/ Rahul and the French? If this is a superior plane, why are we denying it then if the US is willing to work around the binding clauses? Oh well, you never know a nail in the coffin can always be pulled out with the same hammer used to put it in ;)

Yeh, like the bofors involving Rajeev/Sonai/baby Rahu ....which has been proved by the honest PM, Sri. Atalbihari Vajpayee in Delhi High Court in 2004.

lets see if Lockheed Martin is desperate enough to offer IAF the f-22 Raptor. Then they'll surely be allowed to re-enter MMRCA and we'll have a bag of laughs when they are kicked out again for being too expensive. :rofl:

America sure is getting desperate. I guess their crippling economy is too much and its illnesses are showing.

Govt says no question of reopening deal for combat aircraft

The Defence Ministry today categorically stated that the process for procurement of the Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) was irreversible and the Government was moving ahead to the next stage of finalising the nearly $ 11 billion dollar, 126 aircraft deal.

"We have progressed a lot in the MMRCA deal and the stages we have crossed are part of history for us now," Defence Ministry spokesman Sitanshu Kar said.

Reacting to media reports that the United States might offer its latest fifth generation fighter aircraft to get an entry into this deal, Mr Kar said, "It is too late in the day for anything new to happen in this process."

After the ouster of its two fighter aircraft, F-16IN Super Viper and F/A 18 Super Hornet, from the MMRCA race, the US is reportedly planning to offer its most advanced combat aircraft to India.

According to sources in the Defence Ministry, the process of bench-marking of price was on and the last stage of deliberations of the Contract Negotiating Committee was to commence in coming weeks where the lowest bidder would be the winner.:rolleyes:

Eurofighter Typhoon of the Consortium of four European companies and French Aircraft Rafale have been down selected in this deal and top officials of concerned nations have started making a beeline to put their best foot forward.

Govt says no question of reopening deal for combat aircraft | NetIndian | India News | Latest News from India | Breaking News from India | Latest Headlines

Back
Top Bottom