What's new

No plan to buy F-35: Govt

I wonder if there is corruption involving Sonia/ Rahul and the French? If this is a superior plane, why are we denying it then if the US is willing to work around the binding clauses? Oh well, you never know a nail in the coffin can always be pulled out with the same hammer used to put it in ;)

and as for the nail and the coffin i guess its concerete locked and buried in the ocean, u'll need more than a hammer to revive it,good luck:wave:

I wonder if there is corruption involving Sonia/ Rahul and the French? If this is a superior plane, why are we denying it then if the US is willing to work around the binding clauses? Oh well, you never know a nail in the coffin can always be pulled out with the same hammer used to put it in ;)

Do not make conspiracy out of it. IAF selected best two fighters according to Indian requirements and F-35 is impossible for MRCA now. This reply from MoD was expected.

It is not just the plane. It is the whole package including ToT, spares and the Indian requirements. US is such a bad loser. US needs to learn how to react gracefully.

err in business persistence is a great trail . its the foundation of any business . how is it a loser for doing this? it's not like they made the offer- they simply talked about a study being submitted to the senate.

Decision made.

and as for the nail and the coffin i guess its concerete locked and buried in the ocean, u'll need more than a hammer to revive it,good luck:wave:

Nah just a hammer like PROFESSIONAL BREAKER DEMOLITION JACK CONCRETE HAMMER

Do not make conspiracy out of it. IAF selected best two fighters according to Indian requirements and F-35 is impossible for MRCA now. This reply from MoD was expected.

Conspiracy? Don;t be foolish many scandals are whispered as conspiracies only to be brought out to the open. IAF selection was based on the absence of the F 35. We have waited so long, we can wait a little bit more

Conspiracy? Don;t be foolish many scandals are whispered as conspiracies only to be brought out to the open. IAF selection was based on the absence of the F 35. We have waited so long, we can wait a little bit more

So MoD rejecting F-35 brought you to such conclusion!! Is not that more foolish? After so many years of selection when they entered the final phase, suddenly LM offered F-35 which is far away from serial production for its partner countries, forget about ToT and made in India F-35. Now, is not this foolish?

So MoD rejecting F-35 brought you to such conclusion!! Is not that more foolish? After so many years of selection when they entered the final phase, suddenly LM offered F-35 which is far away from serial production for its partner countries, forget about ToT and made in India F-35. Now, is not this foolish?

The Rahul/ SOnia and French corruption was brought by a MP not me. Waiting a few years anint going to hurt India, hell we have been using weapons for so long. Time to think of the future long and hard! Think out of the box! Serial production should be and can be advocated in India due to lower costs. This will help India production capabilities simply for the experience! Now, take into mind there might be strict oversight but it is a win win if such a agreement could be worked out

I guess 50 billion dollars of black project its nothing compared to Indias 11 Billion stretched over decades....:disagree:

oh but Indias paper MCA will out perform what the americans have...:lol:

Its not about performing or outperforming the Americans, we dont need heavy investments such as F-35 when we already have an Indigenous project and a Joint Venture 5th gen fighter program running... You buy according to your doctrine, not based on the offer made to you... Well I can very well understand the reason why you are burning, but I dont think that would Justify your trolling here

I guess 50 billion dollars of black project its nothing compared to Indias 11 Billion stretched over decades....:disagree:

oh but Indias paper MCA will out perform what the americans have...:lol:

Ohhhh ...How Inteligent you are.

New Delhi: India has officially put a full stop to the frantic US pressure to enter the $10.4-billion race for 126 Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft (MMRCA).
Reacting to media reports that the US may offer F-35 fighter jets to re-enter the MMRCA race, the official spokesperson in the ministry of defence (MoD), Sitanshu Kar, told FE that, “We have progressed a lot in the MMRCA programme, we have crossed a lot of stages that have become part of history.”

“It is too late in the day for any new entrant,” said a senior Indian Air Force (IAF) officer on condition of anonymity.

Industry sources, agreeing with the government’s decision not to allow any new entrant in the already closed race, said: “It is a very interesting situation. The trials are over. The commercial bids are expected to be open shortly. Discussions on offset commissions are progressing well. While one government is offering its best machine,...

it will be India’s call finally.”
However, the source added that “it will be unfair to the shortlisted contenders”.

The government has shortlisted the European consortium Eurofighter’s Typhoon and the French Dassault’s Rafale fighter aircraft.

Lockheed Martin’s offering, the F-16IN, was eliminated from India’s $10.4 billion, along with rival Boeing’s F-18IN Super Hornet offering. The MMRCA deal was touted as the ‘mother of all defence deals’ in the international defence industry.

Though the Indian Air Force never seemed very interested in the F-16 Falcon from the US-based Lockheed Martin, one of the several reasons for the aircraft not being in the race could be the fact that fact that Pakistan also flies F-16s. Also Lockheed Martin could have run into problems in meeting the industrial offset provisions, given its lack of penetration in India.

India has been invited to F-35 events. With potential US order numbers dropping, India could have joined the elite programme. However,...

India chose to join hands with Russia for its Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft (FGFA) programme, which offers a semi-indigenous alternative.
The F-35 jet is still in development and the planes would cost about $133 million each. The Pentagon plans to buy more than 2,400 of them, which means that at an estimated $382 billion, it is Pentagon’s most expensive weapons programme ever. A rough estimate has it that at $133 million per unit, the cost of acquisition for the MMRCA would go up by 50 per cent should the IAF opt for the F-35. This would inflate the $11-billion MMRCA tender to $17 billion....

No plan to buy F-35: Govt

SO THERE YOU GO... THE FINAL NAIL ON THE COFFIN

Good decision by India ... the JSF is already in jeopardy as most of the countries involved in it are already miffed with its slow progress .... wonder when this jet would actually come into production ...

Well well.. after seeing some of threads running very smoothly, i was wondering where all the trolls are gone... And see.... they are back now... may be paid leaves are over and its time get back on work... 50 cents...:smokin:

Good decision by India ... the JSF is already in jeopardy as most of the countries involved in it are already miffed with its slow progress .... wonder when this jet would actually come into production ...

You're right. Rising cost and delays (and people say Indian LCA was delayed) has raised serious questions about this project. Not to mention the recession and defence cuts current partners are facing. I wonder if they were trying to bring in India to get some money into the project, the way the Russians did with the FGFA.

So u want to wait a bit more . . How much ?. .3-4 year for whole process and delays . . and inducting . . . Now at last what If they offer F 22 . . . Then will again wait a bit more . . . Sound so stupid . . . Think again we are already operating many 3 gen systems that we have to remove quick . . U still want our pilot to fly more of them and put life in danger . . I hope u understand that its not just waiting a bit more . . Its more that we putting our nation and pilots security in a question mark . . And here we cant wait now . . And soon we will also have PAKFA\FGFA . . . . . . .

Back
Top Bottom