What's new

No place for poor class in Naya Pakistan

Saifullah Sani

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
By Amar Guriro

KARACHI: Attired in stylish dresses, carrying smart phones and tweeting updates, voters from posh locality were waiting in a long queue to cast their vote, when a man dressed casually- or apparently, poorly- joined the queue, but was soon sent to another queue reserved for his types. Fashionable men and women dressed elegantly were seen standing in long queues, many of them voting for the first time. Most of them were discussing about Naya Pakistan, but ironically, there was no place for lower and middle class in that new haven. This was observed at polling stations in NA-255 and PS-128 constituency located in DA Neelam High School that includes DHA and Neelam Colony, both. The poor soul who had unknowingly joined the queue reserved for the upper class was estranged by fashionable men voters, who said to the poor man, "This queue is for the voters of Defence and you seem to be from Neelam Colony, for you there is another polling booth." After this treatment, the resident of Neelam Colony, left the queue to find the fellow residents from his poor locality standing in line some distance away. In a detailed interview to Daily Times, Presiding Officer at PS-128 polling station Allah Wadhayo Channa confirmed that there are separate polling booths for not only men and women voters but also for rich and poor. "I have not designed such separate settings based on voters' financial status, but we got special directives from higher authorities of Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) Sindh," said Channa. "I personally believe it is better that people should be allowed to cast their vote separately, so that those who are educated and belong to posh locality must be separated from illiterate and residents of poor locality," Channa expressed in a recorded interview. However, Manzoor Ali who is a resident of Neelam Colony and was expelled from the queue said that he was not aware of such bifurcation. "I do not know that there are separate lines for 'Ameer' (rich) and 'Gareeb' (poor) otherwise I would have never stood there," he told Daily Times. On a question he said, "What difference does it make, I stand in this queue or that one, I just want to cast my vote and will return back to my pushcart that is lying in our colony." The 'rich' man who asked the 'poor' to leave the line with out disclosing his name, said that if government has made bifurcation for the residents of two separate localities, where is the problem.
Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

:cheesy: oh hello KPK people dont live in DHA.

:) and its a biggest victory that DHA poshly located youngsters came out to vote for the first time for someone.

BS...all I can say.

The local khokay wala in my street voted for PTI in our polling station, all sorts of people were present everywhere, there are no DHA people in Lodhran folks, nor in KPK, nor in most other areas.

Stop generalizing the PTI vote bank.

Off course they have no place in 'Naya Pakistan', they chose to live in 'Purana Pakistan'. So i say fu** them, let them live the way they are living now and be happy with the 2000 rupees or qeemay walay naan they received from Mian Saab.

By Amar Guriro

KARACHI: Attired in stylish dresses, carrying smart phones and tweeting updates, voters from posh locality were waiting in a long queue to cast their vote, when a man dressed casually- or apparently, poorly- joined the queue, but was soon sent to another queue reserved for his types. Fashionable men and women dressed elegantly were seen standing in long queues, many of them voting for the first time. Most of them were discussing about Naya Pakistan, but ironically, there was no place for lower and middle class in that new haven. This was observed at polling stations in NA-255 and PS-128 constituency located in DA Neelam High School that includes DHA and Neelam Colony, both. The poor soul who had unknowingly joined the queue reserved for the upper class was estranged by fashionable men voters, who said to the poor man, "This queue is for the voters of Defence and you seem to be from Neelam Colony, for you there is another polling booth." After this treatment, the resident of Neelam Colony, left the queue to find the fellow residents from his poor locality standing in line some distance away. In a detailed interview to Daily Times, Presiding Officer at PS-128 polling station Allah Wadhayo Channa confirmed that there are separate polling booths for not only men and women voters but also for rich and poor. "I have not designed such separate settings based on voters' financial status, but we got special directives from higher authorities of Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) Sindh," said Channa. "I personally believe it is better that people should be allowed to cast their vote separately, so that those who are educated and belong to posh locality must be separated from illiterate and residents of poor locality," Channa expressed in a recorded interview. However, Manzoor Ali who is a resident of Neelam Colony and was expelled from the queue said that he was not aware of such bifurcation. "I do not know that there are separate lines for 'Ameer' (rich) and 'Gareeb' (poor) otherwise I would have never stood there," he told Daily Times. On a question he said, "What difference does it make, I stand in this queue or that one, I just want to cast my vote and will return back to my pushcart that is lying in our colony." The 'rich' man who asked the 'poor' to leave the line with out disclosing his name, said that if government has made bifurcation for the residents of two separate localities, where is the problem.
Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan
You are wrong stop posting bullshit Sir please stop coming up with complete crap those who won National Assembly seats specially from KPK most of them belong to lower and middle class

Yeah? and what about the great billionaire leader of ours?
Oh, silly, I'm not talking about Zardari.

Nawaz is a billionaire, and the way he reached up that sum is due to corruption. Rich people get to become leaders, richer they get, make the rich more rich, poor people get more poor. This is what you have voted for. Five years they were on power, you gave them five more.. congratulations.

Off course they have no place in 'Naya Pakistan', they chose to live in 'Purana Pakistan'. So i say fu** them, let them live the way they are living now and be happy with the 2000 rupees or qeemay walay naan they received from Mian Saab.

Why such bitterness Sir? If you agree to "let them live the way they are living now" then you should be able to respect thier election choice as well, no matter how much we disagree with it, right?

Why such bitterness Sir? If you agree to "let them live the way they are living now" then you should be able to respect thier election choice as well, no matter how much we disagree with it, right?

I have no disagreements with the elections my friend, although there was some rigging on the election day, there is no doubt that PML-N had the overwhelming support of the people. I just find it ironic that majority of the people whom are poor and illiterate voted for a political party that encourages the 'Status Quo' and serves the interest of the rich and educated. Coming from a family with interests in different businesses across Pakistan, i have no qualms with PML-N being in power. In fact, i probably gain more with PML-N being in power compared to PTI. I have no sympathy left for the poor, they themselves choose to live in the dirt and i will respect their wishes. This month i won't bother paying additional money that i pay in 'Sadqa' to both my cook and my driver that i usually do since both are hardcore PML-N supporters, let Mian Saab take care off them and make all their dreams come true.

Interesting.

Just read this one on the other thread.

2165.jpg

This picture reflects the people of Punjab, who according to PTI fans, prefer qeemay walay naan (bread stuffed with minced meat- a popular meal) over ‘truth, justice and wisdom’.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/social...ians-you-being-sore-losers.html#ixzz2TMu4bnfJ

A family full of Ghadars and thiefs are running the country and you are telling me PTI are in the wrong?

This is the reason why Pakistan will not progress as a society.

When some do not know the difference between right and wrong.

Our country is full of them and that is why we are heading towards destruction.

I have no disagreements with the elections my friend, although there was some rigging on the election day, there is no doubt that PML-N had the overwhelming support of the people. I just find it ironic that majority of the people whom are poor and illiterate voted for a political party that encourages the 'Status Quo' and serves the interest of the rich and educated. Coming from a family with interests in different businesses across Pakistan, i have no qualms with PML-N being in power. In fact, i probably gain more with PML-N being in power compared to PTI. I have no sympathy left for the poor, they themselves choose to live in the dirt and i will respect their wishes. This month i won't bother paying additional money that i pay in 'Sadqa' to both my cook and my driver that i usually do since both are hardcore PML-N supporters, let Mian Saab take care off them and make all their dreams come true.

I can respect your sentiments Sir, but I can only observe that if I had a cook and a driver, I would try to be nice to them regardless of their political views, because they prepare my food and keep me safe on the road.

I can respect your sentiments Sir, but I can only observe that if I had a cook and a driver, I would try to be nice to them regardless of their political views, because they prepare my food and keep me safe on the road.

You're right being nice to them shouldn't be contingent on their political views & I'm sure @notorious_eagle didn't mean it in that context ! :)

But yaraaa sometimes they say some of the most hilarious, though extremely depressing things ! I remember I was talking to a domestic helper of ours the day after the elections & inquiring for whom did she vote & she said she went to the polling booth to vote for PML N but then along the way & I narrate 'I saw Bibi Shaheed's photograph staring at me & I couldn't continue keeping an eye contact with her because the way she looked at me said that she was hurt that we had forgotten her sacrifices & I nearly broke down in tears.....so I went to the polling booth & voted for PPP because I couldn't betray Bibi & the sacrifices she made for us' - You can well imagine what my reaction was ! :omghaha:

Last edited by a moderator:
You're right being nice to them shouldn't be contingent on their political views & I'm sure @notorious_eagle didn't mean it in that context ! :)

But yaraaa sometimes they say some of the most hilarious, though extremely depressing things ! I remember I was talking to a domestic helper of ours the day after the elections & inquiring for whom did she vote & she said she went to the polling booth to vote for PML N but then along the way & I narrate 'I saw Bibi Shaheed's photograph staring at me & I couldn't continue keeping an eye contact with her because the way she looked at me said that she was hurt that we had forgotten her sacrifices & I nearly broke down in tears.....so I went to the polling booth & voted for PPP because I couldn't betray Bibi & the sacrifices she made for us' - You can well imagine what my reaction was ! :omghaha:

You are correct in that they are gullible and not very deep in their thinking, but that is due to illiteracy and ignorance. I think we should all work to create schools everywhere so that lesser number of illiterates do not influence the election results years down the road.

In logon ko parhaana chahiye nah key mazaak urana chaihye.

Only when we have a an educated population can we elect people on the basis of thier views and results and not on the basis of baradari or ancestry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom