What's new

No More Rafales! It could be F-15 EX.

F-15 is a 4 gen fighter and is no match to 5th gen Chinese J-20 stealth fighter.

Any way Indians will talk about this for another 10 years before cancelling the MMRCA 2.0 due to lack of money.

:rofl:
Generation does not mater even if it is 6th gen. Most important thing to highlight, it is made/assembled in China :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

US is paying $1.2 billion for 8 F-15EX, they will probably charge more to foreign buyers for training and weapons, and deliver date could be after 2025. And China's 6th Generation fighter jet might appear before 2030.

In the FY 2020 budget, the United States Department of Defense requested US$1.1 billion to procure eight F-15EXs of a total planned procurement of 144 F-15EXs.[160][161] The USAF opted for the F-15EX to maintain fighter numbers after the premature termination of F-22 production, its aging F-15C fleet, and F-35 delays.

Although it is not expected to be survivable against modern air defenses by 2028, the F-15EX could perform homeland and airbase defense, no-fly zone enforcement against limited or no air defense systems, and deploying standoff munitions.[162]

In July 2020, the U.S. Defense Department ordered eight fighters over three years for $1.2 billion.[163]
[164]

Last edited:
“I also feel like having a BMW and Mercedes. But I don’t because I can’t afford it. First I can’t afford it and second I don’t need it. So, 126 Rafales was economically unviable. It was not required,” Mr. Parrikar said.
Parrikar was great nationalist, he is definitely missed in Indian politics.

But we can’t do without Rafales, as it’s systems are very advanced as compared to Russian jets, although not overwhelmingly.

India’s tilt towards the west may in fact allow a jet like f15EX to be inducted into the IAF, who knows..!

recent conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan proves the effectiveness of drones in war, hence I fully agree with the authors stealth drone theory.

Even though drones are the future, but still certain roles require a man behind the aircraft even now...!

F-15EX compensate for lack of VLO with comprehensive EW capabilities (next generation) - everything else onboard is 5th generation class and radar system in particular is very powerful and revolutionary. This jet is designed to fight battles of the near future. Its massive frame is very accomodating in terms of technologies.

Hey man all this ping pong back and forth stuff with military jets is just tiring. I doubt I'm the only one. Just post articles when things are actually delivered because right now this is just seen as another useless sound bite.
Agree with this.

This is one of those speculation threads.

There are hints of Boeing pitching this jet fighter to IAF but no sign of a deal materializing in the present.

Hey man all this ping pong back and forth stuff with military jets is just tiring. I doubt I'm the only one. Just post articles when things are actually delivered because right now this is just seen as another useless sound bite.
Boeing gets a local writer to hype it and viola. In all fairness, they have not committed to a major platform to address their need of 100 plus aircraft. All the talk, hemming and hawing is not out of bounds.

'Friendship ended with Rafale. now F15EX is my new friend.'

india has 500 billion us dollars (more or less) in its reserve
and you wanna know how much pak has? just 11 billion.
it'd be really nice if you deactivate your fake account.
out of 500 billion dollars, how much is required to stop covid from spreading? or stopping people from shitting on streets & railway tracks?

india has 500 billion us dollars (more or less) in its reserve
and you wanna know how much pak has? just 11 billion.
it'd be really nice if you deactivate your fake account.

Brother Indian reserves are fake and are built on loans. Indian debt is greater than their reserves.

from flanker to mig21 to rafale to f35 to f15 wonder whats next F-5?

Great news, then the French will mad at them and Pakistan can order Rafales. :p:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom