What's new

No Excuse for Violence: Obama Tells Burma

Can all members please stay on topic and not talk about irrelevant things like Jinnah, RAW etc.

Animelive and others please ignore trolls seeking to derail the thread and report their off-topic posts and insults.

The Rohingya crisis is a matter of the highest national security for Bangladesh and needs to be discussed sensibly.

Thank you.

Let's leave Jinnah out of it please and other historical issues.

This is a very current and real issue for us Bangladeshis and the rest of the Muslim world and even in fact India, where members of civil society are commendably arguing for Rohingya rights.

Ok on to the points raised by Bangladeshi nationalists such as Asad71 and Eastwatch.

1. The whole Arakan issue is very complex.

Arakan (Rakhine state) is now majority Buddhist and Rakhine, apart from the northern areas close to Bangladesh. The state as a whole is 1/4 Muslim and 3/4 non-Muslim.

There are 2 solutions:

a: An independent Arakan state comprising the province as it is now and overwhelmingly Buddhist but with rights and autonomy for the Muslim north.

b: An independent Rohingya state consisting of the northern parts of Arakan which are mainly Muslim.

Option B may be realistic.

2. The Hasina Wajid regime and the Awami League are generally anti-Rohingya and we can expect nothing to be done whilst they are in power (another 12 months or so). So we must look to Muslim states such as Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and others to help Rohingyas which is what they are doing. Credit to Indonesia, Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Iran for supporting Rohingya rights.

3. If Rohingyas are restored their 1982 citizenship and are part of Burma then we Bangladeshis have no problem with Burma and wish to have friendship with them, mutual co-operation and trade.

We are not an aggressive nation, but a peaceful one.

If pushed however we will react, as our enemies have found out the hard way.

Okay, so might seem a bit brutal, but I think Bangladesh should approach this issue very aggressively and directly. Negotiating with unreasonable people will get us nowhere. Secondly, getting help from OIC countries is not the best idea in the world as their funds normally tend to have a "bad" reputation and we don't want an influx of money to the wrong hands, as they will most definitely create a living breathing space for potential terrorism and other causes. If we they do offer us a helping hand, we have to make sure than we look for our own interests too. Unless there is military threat, Burma will pursue its path.

Okay, so might seem a bit brutal, but I think Bangladesh should approach this issue very aggressively and directly. Negotiating with unreasonable people will get us nowhere. Secondly, getting help from OIC countries is not the best idea in the world as their funds normally tend to have a "bad" reputation and we don't want an influx of money to the wrong hands, as they will most definitely create a living breathing space for potential terrorism and other causes. If we they do offer us a helping hand, we have to make sure than we look for our own interests too. Unless there is military threat, Burma will pursue its path.

Ok...?

but I think Bangladesh should approach this issue very aggressively and directly. Negotiating with unreasonable people will get us nowhere.

which means...?

That "Arakan army" is the Rakhine Buddhist army. Rakhine nationalists want to kick Rohingyas out of their homeland.

Btw where do these Arakan fighters train?

They look pretty organized.

If they can create a semi-organized militia then our DGFI can help do the same.

Pictures from the facebook page posted above by Zabaniya/Loki:

552757_318888781534534_82245991_n.jpg

487364_319108341512578_163967425_n.jpg

599888_320435781379834_48649159_n.jpg

283636_320672888022790_1375650218_n.jpg

306893_329142037175875_2125581209_n.jpg

So the question is this:

Where are these Rakhine fighters training?

BURMA?

That means the Burmese junta can't even control their own land.

BANGLADESH?

That means Bangladesh is hosting them and could also help create a Rohingya self-defence force.

^^I noted the Rohingya part after reading the article. I never even knew of this militia's existence.

Any idea where they get support from?

^^I noted the Rohingya part after reading the article. I never even knew of this militia's existence.

Any idea where they get support from?

That was my question.

I've Googled and there might be a slim chance they are operating on Bangladeshi soil believe it or not.

The article below is from 8 years back, 2005.

Narinjara News: Bangladeshi army destroys three camps of Arakanese guerrillas on border

Mon 28 Nov 2005
Filed under: News,On The Border
Published November 26, 2005

The Bangladeshi army destroyed three Arakanese guerrillas camps in a special operation on the Bangladesh-Burma border on November 24, said several newspaper’s reports yesterday.

According to sources, 7 riffles, different parts of firearms and some documents from the camps were seized by the Bangladeshi army. However, there were not any exchanges of fire between the Bangladeshi army and Arakan guerrillas.

The Bangladeshi army launched the operation with 900 troops on November 8 to crack down the Arakanese guerrilla groups that are illegally residing in Bangladeshi territory.

The destroyed camps were located near the upper reaches of the Sangu River close to Burma,183 kilometers south of the Bandaban District town in Bangladesh.

According to the Daily Star report on 25 November, three Arakanese rebels groups are active in deep forests along the border and are from the Democratic Party of Arakan (DPA), the Arakan Army (AA) and the Arakan Liberation Party.

Arakanese guerrilla groups used to set up temporary tents for gathering heavy arms and explosives there, the report said.

However, the Arakanese guerrilla groups have not gathered modern arms for their army in the border area since the Arakan army commander, General Khaing Raza, and other six leaders were assassinated in cold blood by the Indian army on Andaman Island of India in 1998, local sources said.

The Bangladeshi army claimed that there is no possibility of the existence of any foreign guerrilla groups in Bangladesh after the frequent operations of the security forces, said a newspaper report.

According to sources, the operation of the Bangladeshi army on the Burma-Bangladesh border will only last 20 days and will end next week.

Burmanet » Narinjara News: Bangladeshi army destroys three camps of Arakanese guerrillas on border

These are Buddhist Rakhine Arakanese fighters by the way, not Muslims.

Can someone tell me the number of wars going inside Burma and the objectives of the fighters? and where the hell did they get those sexy looking weapon? are those m4 carbines i am seeing?

However, there were not any exchanges of fire between the Bangladeshi army and Arakan guerrillas.

LOL...:lol:

They didn't seem very well equipped. What were they doing on Bangladeshi territory anyway? Anyhow, with that kind of organization and equipment, someone must be backing them.

Whatever happened to the oh so scary 60+ Burmese Mi-35 Hinds :lol:

There are over 10 rebel groups in Burma, maybe even over 20.

There are around 4-5 main rebel groups.

They run parts of the country in mini-statelets which:

- Have their own schools

- TV stations

- Health service

Thailand supports some of them (Thais are historical enemies of the Burmese) and it is said China helps out a little bit to keep pressure on the Burmese and to let them know who's boss.

For more detailed information you will have to ask @asad71

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone tell me the number of wars going inside Burma and the objectives of the fighters? and where the hell did they get those sexy looking weapon? are those m4 carbines i am seeing?

Yep, along with M-16s and AKs. And no, they are not Chinese knock-offs of M-16s and M-4s. They are real US-made.

Burma....sheesh....what a joke....:lol:

LOL...:lol:

They didn't seem very well equipped. What were they doing on Bangladeshi territory anyway? Anyhow, with that kind of organization and equipment, someone must be backing them.

Whatever happened to the oh so scary 60+ Burmese Mi-35 Hinds :lol:

The Burmese army are a joke.

In a post-military democratic Burma the ordinary Burmese will view their military regime as Germans now view the Nazis.

The Burmese army have boy soldiers and cannot defeat a bunch of Christian rebels (the Kachins) after 1 and a half year of fighting.

That is one rebel army, if the other 4-5 rebel armies declared war from the south and east, Burma would become the new Syria, or even the new Libya with a joint rebel army overrunning the capital, Naypywidaw.

Back
Top Bottom