What's new

No consensus in BJP, Advani, Sushma and MM Joshi oppose Narendra Modi as PM

I agree with you ....

I am little circumspect about modi ....Modi is very ambitious and opportunist ....HE has successfully brought himself to mainstream by sustained media campaign .....

It's hethreto unseen in Indian politics.....

We always had leaders by consensus ....
first time we have leader who has come ahead of others just because of his ambition ....

Do you buy into argument that people want to see Modi as PM ?

If you go asking into interiors of India ....you will meet people who won't know if modi is name of vegetable or animal !!!

Modi and his coterie have maonuvered seasoned politicians in BJP to project him as popular leader .....

This is what worries me most......If such overambitious person becomes all powerful PM he is likely to fully use that enormour power ....

Something similar happened in Germany when little known but well articulated person who outmaonuvered everyone else and projected Germans that he will deliver their nation to place it deserves ....

I am really not overplaying my fears .

It is possible .....Modi seems like very cold , calculative person ....
I have reservations about him occupying that all powerful place .

I hope fractured verdict in 16'th Lok sabha will bridle Modi even if he happens to be PM !!!

I appreciate his leadership ....but PM of India has to put India above everything ...Can modi do that ?

There r someone flows in yr post am going out will talk after while see ya ...

P.s. I prefer modi over any other

Who'll be the next PM?

Nehru proved that a rich man can be the Prime Minister.

Shastri proved that a poor man can be the Prime Minister.

Gulzarilal Nanda proved that labour scholar can be a Prime Minister.

Indira Gandhi proved that a woman can be the Prime minister.

Morarjee proved that a cranky old man can be the Prime Minister.

Rajiv Gandhi proved that an incompetent pilot can be the Prime Minister.

VP Singh proved that a member of the royalty can be the Prime Minister.

Chandra Shekhar proved that Rajput can be the Prime Minister.

PV Narsimha Rao proved that a learned man can be the Prime Minister.

Charan Singh proved that an illiterate man can be the Prime Minister.

HD Deve Gouda proved that anybody can be the prime Minister.

I K Gujral proved politician without party can be the Prime Minister

Vajpayee proved that a bachelor poet can be the Prime Minister.

Manmohan Singh has proved that technocrat can be a Prime minster and yet "be not a Prime Minister ! "

So what will Narendra Modi prove if he becomes Prime Minister ?

People are getting worked about one individual ...
Are we so desperate for our salvation .....and have we already anointed Modi as that God-send messiah to deliver us from our mess ?
Yes we have....:cheesy:
True that India is passing through a crisis and needs firm , resolute and visionary leadership ....
Very true....:cheesy:
But do we really think one person like Modi will move his magic wand and our house will be set correct ?
Yes ....:cheesy:
If someone really thinks that way then I have to say that they are too optimistic !

It's good to be optimistic but best to be realistic !
This is also true....
People are rejoicing even when Modi has not been fully accepted within his party ....what they will do if he indeed becomes PM ???
Hopefully he will repeat the Gujarat magic throughout the country...and rocket out journey towards development and (peaceful)global supremacy....:cheesy:

It's time for BJP to go to people and tell that they have solid plan for India and true alternative to Congress !!!

If BJP keeps squabbling like this .. then we really do not have alternative to Congress !
Oh plz dont say that... at the moment almost anything seems to be better than congress..
If BJP can't manage dissent within how it can convince people of India that Modi is right person .....???
Oh they can easily leave that to Mr MODIji himself....:cheesy:

Having said these things I'm very well aware that the chances of Modi becoming the PM is very bleak....:cry::cry:.....These are just my fanboyish views..:cry::cry:

Who'll be the next PM?

Nehru proved that a rich man can be the Prime Minister.

Shastri proved that a poor man can be the Prime Minister.

Gulzarilal Nanda proved that labour scholar can be a Prime Minister.

Indira Gandhi proved that a woman can be the Prime minister.

Morarjee proved that a cranky old man can be the Prime Minister.

Rajiv Gandhi proved that an incompetent pilot can be the Prime Minister.

VP Singh proved that a member of the royalty can be the Prime Mi nister.

PV Narsimha Rao proved that a learned man can be the Prime Minister.

Charan Singh proved that an illiterate man can be the Prime Minister.

HD Deve Gouda proved that anybody can be the prime Minister.

I K Gujral proved politician without party can be the Prime Minister

Vajpayee proved that a bachelor poet can be the Prime Minister.

Manmohan Singh has proved that technocrat can be a Prime minster and yet "be not a Prime Minister ! "

So what will Narendra Modi prove if he becomes Prime Minister ?
That we can have a people's Prime Minister....:cheesy:

Oh please, they should at least wait till saturday. Tomorrow is the sentencing of those Gang Rape convicts. All media will be following them. One would expect that these clowns would at least give modi a winning start to placing the announcement on a day when the media will focus on this.

why are you so pissed ? :argh:

That we can have a people's Prime Minister....:cheesy:

Do you think that he will be people's Prime minister ?

which people are you talking about....?

People who log on sites like PDF every day and morning ....?

Or people who know BJP as " Lotus Congress " .....? LOL

I wish to see BJP at centre ....but I doubt about People's Prime Minister ....

Pandit Nehru, Lal bahadur Shastri and Indira Gandhi were people's prime minister ....

I don't think anybody else can rise to those heights .....!!!

Yupz!! Our strengths are growing thanks to free food by Sonia ji and Rahul Ji.. Did you see todays news.. I loled :omghaha:

I will crush my dreams to fulfill yours: Rahul Gandhi

Jaipur: Congress' vice president and its most preferred candidate to take on BJP's Narendra Modi on Wednesday kicked-off his party's campaign for upcoming Assembly election in Rajasthan by asking his supporters to bring his party back to power.

Addressing a Congress rally in Udaipur, Rahul Gandhi said, "My party has worked for the common man in Delhi and in Rajasthan. We have worked for the poor. We have worked for the nation."

The young Congress leader continued by saying, "I am ready to forgo my own dreams to fulfill your dreams. If you want to abuse us you are free to do so but we will not accept that since we are true soldiers of the Congress."

The Gandhi scion also gave a slogan, "Eat three-four rotis and bring Congress back to power."

During his speech, Gandhi also hailed the Food Security Bill – a UPA government's initiative to ensure cheap food for nearly 67% of the country's population.

Highlighting the importance of the Food Bill, he came down heavily on the Opposition for attempting to block its passage in the Parliament.

Rahul Gandhi's Udaipur rally was dubbed as Congress' answer to BJP's star campaigner and poll panel chief Narendra Modi's mammoth rally in Jaipur on Tuesday.

Congress vice president is likely to address one more rally in the state – in Baran on September 17.

Congress President Sonia Gandhi is also expected to address two rallies in the state.

While Modi appears all set to be the prime ministerial candidate of the BJP, the situation has remained unclear in the Congress despite a growing clamour from party leaders that Gandhi scion be declared as party's prime ministerial candidate.

Addressing the Jaipur rally, yesterday, Modi had blamed the ruling Congress-led coalition for a series of cases of corruption, scams and economic decline of the country, and appealed to his supporters to oust the ruling party in the upcoming polls.

I will crush my dreams to fulfill yours: Rahul Gandhi

Duniya mein Whiben Prakar ke Idiots [wanted to say something]
He is one of them
This sucker is a idiot & has no caliber to lead such a large party
Sonia Monia ka beta hai isleye yaha tak agya warna Aukad iski delhe ki bhi nahi hai

Failed in UP now in the land of Rajputs he will take a royal fall

I agree with you ....

I am little circumspect about modi ....Modi is very ambitious and opportunist ....HE has successfully brought himself to mainstream by sustained media campaign .....

It's hethreto unseen in Indian politics.....
So what......i think him taking credit for his job well done is totally acceptable...It is not like he is all words and no action...
We always had leaders by consensus ....
first time we have leader who has come ahead of others just because of his ambition ....
Now who is not ambitious....If we make a list Modi may not even make it to the top..
Just look at Advani..He is 85..Next year 86..If he becomes PM them by the time he retires...91:pissed:

Still he is not giving way..
And sushama Swarat what about her..Why do you think that she is not supporting Modi ...
I dont think that it is due to her genuine fear of polarisation of our country ..
I think that it is beause of her own personal ambition..She very well knows that she is the 2nd choice...
And if given a chance even Rajanath Singh would jump @ it.....
Do you buy into argument that people want to see Modi as PM ?

If you go asking into interiors of India ....you will meet people who won't know if modi is name of vegetable or animal !!!
Unfortuantely true man....This is one of the curses of our country...

Modi and his coterie have maonuvered seasoned politicians in BJP to project him as popular leader .....
Not true man....His support is not most prominent among the highest ranks of politicians but amoung the lowest cadres of BJP and RSS...That is why he has become unignorable for the seasoned politicials..I'm sure a lot of these politicians would jump at an opportunity to sideline Modi...
This is what worries me most......If such overambitious person becomes all powerful PM he is likely to fully use that enormour power ....

Something similar happened in Germany when little known but well articulated person who outmaonuvered everyone else and projected Germans that he will deliver their nation to place it deserves ....
On man this is a point used by congress..
Do you believe that his ambition for the PM post is to fulfill his hidden agenda of a muslim Holocaust...???
I certainly don't think so.....I fell that it is mainly if not entirely base on the desire so serve @ the national level...
I am really not overplaying my fears .

It is possible .....Modi seems like very cold , calculative person ....
I have reservations about him occupying that all powerful place ...
He is certainly calculative...but not very cold..this is evident from his pro-farmer and women empowerment initiatives of Gujarat..
I hope fractured verdict in 16'th Lok sabha will bridle Modi even if he happens to be PM !!!
That may prove to be totally true.....Modi will find it very hard ..with a slender Majority...

Don't resist Modi's PM candidature, Thakur urges Advani

Senior BJP leader C.P. Thakur on Thursday joined former deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar Modi in urging L K Advani to give up his stubborn resistance to Narendra Modi’s annointment as the party’s Prime Ministerial candidate and asked him to come forward and make the announcement in this regard.

“Advaniji should see the larger picture and interests of the party and country and give up his stubborn resistance to Mr. Modi’s anointment as the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate, he told reporters.

The BJP patriarch should display a big heart as he had done so earlier by announcing Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s name for the prime minister’s post and do the same again for the next general elections, Mr. Thakur said.

He appealed to Mr. Advani to forsake his prime ministerial ambitions and join understanding within the party on Mr. Modi being the best candidate to lead in the general election.

“Abhi Narendra Modi ka samay hai (the present time belongs to Modi),” Mr. Thakur said, adding that mood of the people of Bihar and the country heavily favoured Mr. Modi’s anointment as the BJP’s prime ministerial candidature to remove all ills plaguing the nation.

He exuded confidence that party president Rajnath Singh will live up to the public mood and announce the Gujarat Chief Minister’s candidature soon.

I completely agree with you except last statement .
How talk of other leader from BJP is silly or undemocratic ?

We do not have Presidential form of democracy ....so why insistence for single name !

any way its era of coalition politics ....BJP is not going to get majority ...and other parties will have say in determing who gets to be PM .

Modi has opposition within BJP itself ...do you think other parties will submit to his leadership meekly ....

In my opinion talk of other BJP leaders is fully justified ...and democratic !

I believe BJP should set its house in order and go to people for mandate ...let people of India decide who they want to be ruled by ?

Let me clarify. If anyone wants to be considered, they must put themselves up as a candidate & take the fight to Modi. Not wanting that bit, using subterfuge & the talking about the possibility of allies joining them is silly at this point. If the BJP wins substantial seats & they will only do so under Modi & still fall short (as they will) and need support, then & only then should other names crop up who might be acceptable to the larger grouping. There are a few names that will p[lay out...Susma Swaraj, Rajnath Singh, Arun Jaitley (these two hoping to come in as Modi's proxies but with support of allies) and Advani himself. However if they fought a election now without Modi, they would be finished. Sushma Swaraj can't win Delhi, she will hardly win India. Jailtley has never fought an election & Rajnath Singh couldn't get U.P. Nobody is asking for these leaders or indeed even Advani.
They have no choice but to ride on Modi's charisma & hope to do their politics later.

Do you think that he will be people's Prime minister ?

which people are you talking about....?

People who log on sites like PDF every day and morning ....?

Or people who know BJP as " Lotus Congress " .....? LOL

I wish to see BJP at centre ....but I doubt about People's Prime Minister ....

Pandit Nehru, Lal bahadur Shastri and Indira Gandhi were people's prime minister ....

I don't think anybody else can rise to those heights .....!!!
Man if Modi becomes the prime minister....then that means BJP might have won 200 seats or may be even 230 seats...This means that the regional parties have been outshone by BJP
for this they might need atleat.. 45% of the votes...Majority of these(expect those party workers and members) will be voting mainly for Modis profile and not for their specific love and high reputation and clean image of BJP.....
The rest are the people who either don't care or who as you said dont know the difference between Congress and BJP...
So...may be not of the level of nehru or lal bahadur shashtri...but still he will be a peoples PM atleast the closest one we have seen in the future.....

Let me clarify. If anyone wants to be considered, they must put themselves up as a candidate & take the fight to Modi. Not wanting that bit, using subterfuge & the talking about the possibility of allies joining them is silly at this point. If the BJP wins substantial seats & they will only do so under Modi & still fall short (as they will) and need support, then & only then should other names crop up who might be acceptable to the larger grouping. There are a few names that will p[lay out...Susma Swaraj, Rajnath Singh, Arun Jaitley (these two hoping to come in as Modi's proxies but with support of allies) and Advani himself. However if they fought a election now without Modi, they would be finished. Sushma Swaraj can't win Delhi, she will hardly win India. Jailtley has never fought an election & Rajnath Singh couldn't get U.P. Nobody is asking for these leaders or indeed even Advani.
They have no choice but to ride on Modi's charisma & hope to do their politics later.

I agree with all your observations 100% . No one else other than Modi can lead BJP to better numbers ....but even then BJP will barely emerge as the Single largest party .... and will have to depend upon AIADMK ( who might support Modi ) , JDU ( might be willing to come back but will prop up some other names ) , All other regional parties without whose support BJP can't form government like TMC will not accommodate Modi . and as you said all other so called leaders are hoping for this particular scenario where they may have chances to emerge as dark horses ....

But isn't that how politics works ?

Modi will not be able to sell through this dirty politics unless BJP has 200 + seats ...which looks impossible unless some magic happens in next few months !

Hung parliament and Third front led government is looming large upon political horizons of India .

That's why I feel surprised to see people celebrating Modi's purported nomination ....

Back
Top Bottom