What's new

No cenral asian migration to Bengal and Timur was not a mongol

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are a Bangladeshi HINDU. You do not represent all Bangladeshis ( Bangladesh has less than 10% Hindus ).

I think Al Zakir would be offended that you have the audacity to speak for him as would many other Bangladeshi Muslims.

Stop issuing trolling fatwas!

We are Bongos. And we are proud of it! Deal with it!! :angry:

I always thought mughals were mongols.

Bro, his name is Timur but in bengali we call him ' toimur lòng ' or something! He was like a conqueror! War killing looting plundering just like Alexander! He had vast kingdom in central asia... All of his descendants then ruled central asia like Samarkhand was ruled by one son, farghöna ruled by another! Mughal Babur was his descendant and was heavily influenced by him! He wanted to imitate Timur, thats why he came to delhi like Timur.

Alexander the Great never engaged in plundering.

Sorry, but I really don't see this Timur fellow as any direct historical relevance to Bengal or anything.

Buuurrr....

Timur was an invader who looted most modern day Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India. hes from central Asia where to this day they still love him, while the places he invaded hate him. He is the forefather of Babur and the Mughals.

My personal opinion of Timur is negative because he looted the lands and took the wealth to Central asia, while the Mughals stayed and built culture and generated wealth.

Well, the Mughals were invaders themselves. Their problem? They weren't innovative.....at all. That's what partly caused their downfall. And they were gone for good.

Now tell us which one do you look like??

781px-Asiatiska_folk%2C_Nordisk_familjebok.jpg

You know what? I have no freaking idea.

My blood is red. And your blood is red. We are human. And that's what matters...:lol:

ramayan is more relevant to BD than alif laila which is a foreign theme to this land

Ramayan ??? what is that?? Shita Raam Hanuman?? Are you comparing it with Ali Baba Challish Chor?? BD is a muslim land... Alif Laila is intermingled with our childhood.......

Alexander the Great never engaged in plundering.

Sorry, but I really don't see this Timur fellow as any direct historical relevance to Bengal or anything.

Buuurrr....

well a army needs to collect war booty to wage next war... I dont believe he went to expedition without getting any profit... Maybe he was nowhere near Mongols, i was trying to tell you the similarity of their Expedition.. Win and Move...

Well, the Mughals were invaders themselves. Their problem? They weren't innovative.....at all. That's what partly caused their downfall. And they were gone for good.

wrong, the Mughals were advanced in techs... Running water, Weapons.. They were not behind... They were weaken by continuous fighting against Hindu rebel kingdoms......

Whatever they were, they are insignificant in today's world.

Kalu Miah started this thread saying he is Timurid but have you ever heard of kala mongol or kala turk. :what:

This is because you are tagore loving and may be Islamic name holding " ". I bet you know more about Ramayona than alif laila.

Al-zakir, I will tell you now a very authentic part of history. With my full respect to all the Hindu and Muslim families with a title THAKUR (Tagore) I would like to say that the very word, "Thakur" itself is a Turkic word which was introduced by the immigrant Turkic Muslims of central asia. In Turkic language 'Thakur' means Dewta/Debota/Bhagwan/God.

Turkic muslims settled first in north India in 1191 after the battle of Torain and in Bengal sometime in between 1198 and 1203. Hindus call their idols as Dewta or Debota. But, in Turkic Thakur is a word equivalent in meaning with those Hindu words.

This is how people started to denote the 'idol worshipping' as Thakur Puja. Thakur is not the basic family title of Hindu Brahmins. I do not know about the present situation, but, people used to call some of the Brahmins as Thakur out of respect. This shows how a foreign Turkic word has been adopted and gradually asssmilated in Indian and Bengali languages.

the word/ name "Begum" is a turkic word also ..... This name Begum is not common in middle east but in Bengal....

If LoBong could be made another Hitler, he would have proved that the Americans, both of north and south, are not the descendents of the British, French, German, other european and africans. rather, they are the descendents of American Indians. LaBong should also claim that Indians of India are the direct descendents of American Red Indians. Otherwise, why should both these groups are called Indians? LaBong is a great pundit of History and anthrology.

Yeah the way timur freed the citizens of Baghdad from their oppressor was unparalleled. Also his treatment to ottoman king was legendary.

LaBong, you know history very well. Why do not you focus on the historical truths in an impartial way. I suggest, instead of trolling your time away, contribute some positive inputs so that people can learn from you.

I have always wanted to say this and now that i am eating an idli, the timing feels right. :P

We are bangladesh. We are the continuator of the great dravidian kingdom of bangladesh. I along with fellow dravidians of bangladesh will crush the treacherous aryans and claim the vengence for heir trechery. We have our own faith about our Nationality from the ancient time. We have made our Bangladesh six thousand years ago, We are the Wari Bateswarian( Old Bangladeshian , Dravidian Nation). . I never like to hear anything from anyone about my identity. We know ourselves :D

Haha but Bengali is Indo-Aryan language so technically speaking, you're an Indo-Aryan too. :P

But seriously I thought Turkic people were Mongols? Turkic-Mongols? All the Turkic peoples native to Central Asia are of mixed Caucasoid and Mongoloid origin?

I always thought mughals were mongols.

In those old days, Hindustanis thought or denoted anyone from the central asia in the west as MONGOLS. It happened because of the devastation the Mongol Chengiz Khan and Halaku Khan did to the people of countries they invaded and conquered. Mongols tried to conquer Hindustan many times. There were probably hundreds of wars between these invading mongols and the Delhi Sultans.

So, when Baber finally invaded and captured Delhi from Ibrahim Lodi, he was instantly termed as a Mongol. This word changed its form to Moghul/Mughal. But, Baber was Turkic as was his forefather Timur. Baber's descendents, of course, were and are Hindustani.

that is insulting...... ! don't you think??

Only about as insulting as worshiping genocidal heroes, no?

Al-zakir, I will tell you now a very authentic part of history. With my full respect to all the Hindu and Muslim families with a title THAKUR (Tagore) I would like to say that the very word, "Thakur" itself is a Turkic word which was introduced by the immigrant Turkic Muslims of central asia. In Turkic language 'Thakur' means Dewta/Debota/Bhagwan/God.

Turkic muslims settled first in north India in 1191 after the battle of Torain and in Bengal sometime in between 1198 and 1203. Hindus call their idols as Dewta or Debota. But, in Turkic Thakur is a word equivalent in meaning with those Hindu words.

This is how people started to denote the 'idol worshipping' as Thakur Puja. Thakur is not the basic family title of Hindu Brahmins. I do not know about the present situation, but, people used to call some of the Brahmins as Thakur out of respect. This shows how a foreign Turkic word has been adopted and gradually asssmilated in Indian and Bengali languages.

While no doubt thousands of words must have been exchanged between languages over millenia, can you provide some evidence for this one. BTW Thakurs in India are mostly Kshatriyas and bengal is an exception. Also only bengalis use Thakur for bhagwan, not others AFAIK.

In those old days, Hindustanis thought or denoted anyone from the central asia in the west as MONGOLS. It happened because of the devastation the Mongol Chengiz Khan and Halaku Khan did to the people of countries they invaded and conquered. Mongols tried to conquer Hindustan many times. There were probably hundreds of wars between these invading mongols and the Delhi Sultans.

So, when Baber finally invaded and captured Delhi from Ibrahim Lodi, he was instantly termed as a Mongol. This word changed its form to Moghul/Mughal. But, Baber was Turkic as was his forefather Timur. Baber's descendents, of course, were and are Hindustani.

True but Babur was a descendant of Chengis Khan from his mother's side. And Turkic themselves are mix of Caucasoid and mongoloids :) And Muchals always indentified themselves as 'Mongols' and later as Indians and hence the name 'Mughal' empire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom