What's new

No benefit of long march unless resignations are submitted, says Fazl ahead of PDM meeting

As PMIK said, this is the first assembly which has been running without diesel.

Mullah has been left high and dry by Zardari though.

1615910021493.png

@Jungibaaz ... how many times must I remind you that Zardari has done you lot in .. revenge is a dish best served cold and with a massive dose of humiliation!

@Jungibaaz ... how many times must I remind you that Zardari has done you lot in .. revenge is a dish best served cold and with a massive dose of humiliation!
I never respond because every time you tell me this it’s just too obvious. Next you’re going to tell me the sky is blue.

Everyone tuned in already knows that PPP is the odd man out in PDM, they have a province to lose at the least. Not much to gain and all to lose, hence they’ll be reluctant to attack the establishment, deeply reluctant to do anything close to resigning from parliament, or doing anything that might lead to an early election, despite that being an eventual goal of PDM.

Point is brother. I already am aware of what you’re saying. Not sure what new you’re trying to convince me of? Political parties act out of self interest, if today PPP is a part of PDM, tomorrow it might abandon it when it’s interests are elsewhere.

As PMIK said, this is the first assembly which has been running without diesel.

Mullah has been left high and dry by Zardari though.

Too soon to say. The thing is that Maulana and Nawaz are on the same page, that’s not because of ideology, but their predicament. Both have all to play for and nothing to lose. Hence the broadsides against the establishment, and the threats to resign, along with calls for elections.

PPP are different, they gain nothing from an early election, they don’t want to be anti-establishment, only anti-Imran, and they certainly don’t want to resign or do something that might cost them their only hold on power, which is Sindh.

As for why I’m saying it’s too early to call what PPP might do. In order to stick with PDM’s more hawkish plans, PPP will require major incentives such as seat adjustments in Punjab. Or some other compromise. We could possibly even see a situation in which they willingly join the long march, but refrain from resignations. Whatever happens it will be decided in negotiations. PPP’s exact role is uncertain and not yet decided upon, it depends on how much the PML is willing to allow in Punjab for their participation, but they haven’t left the PDM as yet.

Too soon to say. The thing is that Maulana and Nawaz are on the same page, that’s not because of ideology, but their predicament. Both have all to play for and nothing to lose. Hence the broadsides against the establishment, and the threats to resign, along with calls for elections.

PPP are different, they gain nothing from an early election, they don’t want to be anti-establishment, only anti-Imran, and they certainly don’t want to resign or do something that might cost them their only hold on power, which is Sindh.

As for why I’m saying it’s too early to call what PPP might do. In order to stick with PDM’s more hawkish plans, PPP will require major incentives such as seat adjustments in Punjab. Or some other compromise. We could possibly even see a situation in which they willingly join the long march, but refrain from resignations. Whatever happens it will be decided in negotiations. PPP’s exact role is uncertain and not yet decided upon, it depends on how much the PML is willing to allow in Punjab for their participation, but they haven’t left the PDM as yet.

Maulana political clout, when it comes to numbering games is over. He is finished now in KPK and I dont see PTI letting go KPK any time soon, infact they are already the PPP of KPK. His only saving grace is his seminary students but that will only give him some halwa, not the power he seek.

As for PML(N) yes they are up for resignation but what that will achieve? Government will call election on these vacated seats. IK has already got the vote of confidence from the parliament.

And yes PPP got the lolly pop of sindh and they will keep on sucking on it , minting it as long as they can.

I never respond because every time you tell me this it’s just too obvious. Next you’re going to tell me the sky is blue.

Yes yes it is obvious now when it's all out in the open. But when I told you this at the formation of PDM, you did not believe it and questioned where I was getting such information from. I guess you don't recall that now .. :lol:

PMLN has nothing to offer Zardari - no one except establishment can save him from the money laundering cases. He has started paying back and will continue to do so to buy his freedom. The deal with Zardari requires him to finish off Nawaz and Maryam. PMLN is no longer in control of Nawaz and Maryam ... Hamza and Showbaz may just be acceptable.

Maulana political clout, when it comes to numbering games is over. He is finished now in KPK and I dont see PTI letting go KPK any time soon, infact they are already the PPP of KPK. His only saving grace is his seminary students but that will only give him some halwa, not the power he seek.

As for PML(N) yes they are up for resignation but what that will achieve? Government will call election on these vacated seats. IK has already got the vote of confidence from the parliament.

And yes PPP got the lolly pop of sindh and they will keep on sucking on it , minting it as long as they can.

Agree with most of your analysis, although I’m not sure what the situation is with Maulana’s popularity. If I had to guess, I’d say he’s probably quite happy as he was a nobody in 2018. Today he is defacto leader of the opposition and both PPP and PML are deferring to him. That might not last, but it’s better than where he was.

As for the resignation thing, it is a threat designed to disable parliament and remove credibility. PML it might surprise you to know is fairly confident with this strategy, whether it’s followed through is still an open question. They will need to answer the question of how they deal with elections on those seats, and what happens if they win those seats again. What then, do they resign again after winning? :lol:
PMLN has nothing to offer Zardari - no one except establishment can save him from the money laundering cases. He has started paying back and will continue to do so to buy his freedom. The deal with Zardari requires him to finish off Nawaz and Maryam. PMLN is no longer in control of Nawaz and Maryam ... Hamza and Showbaz may just be acceptable.
Mostly agree, what you’ve outlined there is one scheme a few people are interested in. Namely, dethroning IK without hurting the establishment. The kind of people that might secure this deal include the SS, Shahid Khaqan, and also Zardari.

But IK has shown the ability and willingness to play his own game to stop those deals from happening. He also has one or two nuclear options.

Last edited:
But IK has shown the ability and willingness to play his own game to stop those deals from happening. He also has one or two nuclear options.
Stop the deals from happening? You think establishment is foolish enough to give these crooks another NRO? :D

Stop the deals from happening? You think establishment is foolish enough to give these crooks another NRO? :D
Establishment is a fool. But ab IK nai chore ga. The establishment wants safe passage for Nani Karnani. Not gonna happen. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.

Tu Shaakir aap siyana ae
Saade boothe wekh halaat na puch

Mostly agree, what you’ve outlined there is one scheme a few people are interested in. Namely, dethroning IK without hurting the establishment. The kind of people that might secure this deal include the SS, Shahid Khaqan, and also Zardari.

IK has made it clear from day one: Cough up the loot and you are free to leave.

Zardari has been coughing up and will continue to do so until Billo and Asifa are able to hold Sindh without him around. Dethroning IK does not favour him at all as he doesn't want all the current freedom to be taken from him (& land back in jail). IK in opposition will give him time to focus and do jalsas in Sindh. All this is not so interesting anymore ... waiting to see if and how PPP will support PTI to split Punjab into 2 (or more) provinces!!

There will be no future PM from PMLN or PMLS.

Back
Top Bottom