What's new

Nitol looking to assemble Tata Nano locally

Nitol motors is making Bangladesh dumping ground of indian junk. The Nitol is trying get 10,000 indian taxi cab which already been proven junk in Bangladesh.

refurbished cars from Japan is better.eh?In India ,Toyota's Internationally averaged Engine Life of 500,000(5 Lakh plus) kms are Not Seen.A Toyota Qualis MPV will last 3 Lakhs Kms in General.

IBTW ,which Indian Car for Taxi?Maruti 800?It is going to be stopped from April(Already selling very low).
For Taxis in Indian Conditions ,Tata Indica V2 Diesel is the Cheapest,Good Comfort(The Interior is Huge!Can Comfortably Seat 6ft and Above People Unlike Jap - - - -s :azn:) and Most Value For Money(20-25kmpl on DLE model-Personal Experience-50% City+50% Highway driving Conditions).
Yes,Indica(Old Model) IS maintenance intensive after some 1-1.5 Lakh kms done(But if Engine Overhauling is Done costs around 15,000 Indian Rupees ,This Workhorse Will Do Another 1.5 Lakhs Kms Easily!).
Crude Diesel Engine(Non Common Rail) .Tubo Model is a Little More driveable.Tata made these affordable Diesels for Indian Market helping taxi sector(later) in a big way(and Still).

OFFTOPIC: BTW ,Tata is Not a "Hindoo" Company before someone gets excited-they are Parsis.:woot:

Everything that INDIA does, will make Bangladesh unhappy. So there is no point discussing this subject.

You cannot expect self relianc so early. You are in developing phase and external help should be invited, win arms wide open.

If TATA, who owns Land Rover, Jaguar, makes low quality vehicles, you should dump it

You should consider yourself lucky as some company would generate employment in your country. But instead, you are criticising all the work from the govt. Had India been thinking that ways, we wouldn't have been able to set up world class out sourcing centre.

Alright dump TATA, and go for some expensive brand, Toyota or VOLVO. Better have your check book rready first. Bashing India and Your own leaders, is secondry, but a country with a population, illitrate as you are, there is hardly any room for improvement..

Even the Toyotas that is the ''prefered" brand as stated by the Author is not indigenous. Tata might not be on par with Toyota at quality but its not that its very inferior. Tata has become a world class automobile company selling in more countries than one can count.

Further, Tata would invest millions in BD, employ local people, which would be great for BD. Its a known fact, that a developing country cannot grow on its own. Its GDP is so small that it can barely do anything productive with it. A developing country requires foreign investors to invest in billions and tap the local resources. This is the only way a developing country can grow. China and India are a perfect example of this. Thousands of companies invested in India and China and you can see the result.

Once the country has enough liquidity and is comfortable with investing itself, then BD can start with indigenous projects.

Sir we are growing 6-7% without any FDI unlike India. We have enough domestic savings 29% (some counts 35%) of our GDP. We just need to invest those savings to get those growth rate to 8% and above. The only problem here is the infrastructure and power which govt is working on.
Money is not a problem here and I prefer domestic money instead of FDI, but technology intensive FDI is not bad , so that we learn some.

Flip the coin and think about the nos of Bengali's that will have a job thanks to this news.....

Quit being so damn paranoid.....

Not sure.. Bharati Airtel already in the process of firing half of Warids employee, outsourced all its technology support to Ericson and IBM and wanting call center to be shifted to Calcutta(waiting govt approval)... Milking the cow in a big way.. aint it?

Looks like BD members here need a lesson in Economics

Sir we are growing 6-7% without any FDI unlike India. We have enough domestic savings 29% (some counts 35%) of our GDP. We just need to invest those savings to get those growth rate to 8% and above. The only problem here is the infrastructure and power which govt is working on.
Money is not a problem here and I prefer domestic money instead of FDI, but technology intensive FDI is not bad , so that we learn some.

Nice to hear BD has a good economy and sure hasa good working class.

Infrastructure will gradually develop for sure..

so its proved that BD has got money SO JUST DO IT

Not sure.. Bharati Airtel already in the process of firing half of Warids employee, outsourced all its technology support to Ericson and IBM and wanting call center to be shifted to Calcutta(waiting govt approval)... Milking the cow in a big way.. aint it?

Obviously not good to hear.....however since Im not an expert on the subject, Ill refrain from going too deep into the dynamics, but automotives and telecom/IT are completely different sectors that have different needs and requirements as far as human capital go....

Unless the Nano completely bombs as a product...which I feel in the South Asian region is a tad bit hard given its cost efficiency.....I dont think it will face the same fate as has Warid.....
Vast difference between setting up a production facility, vs Tech support.....
At the end of the day...its only business, that too privately owned....Unlike members suggesting a grand Indian conspiracy to destabalize BD economy or something.....I feel such claims are no more than a yarn spun by people with too much time on their hands....

However it is too early to comment....but from a preliminary analysis....I see more benefits to this equation than losses...
Thoughts?

India also has a very high savings rate. India would still have not been able to grow as fast as it is growing now, unless there is foreign participation.

Import substitution strategy is not always a sound one. We were following it till 1991.

Not good to hear i agree. But its a free market out there. If Airtel feels that it can cut costs and/or improve quality by taking all those steps then by all means they should-else they will run out of business.

Their objective is to earn profits. They arent running a charity. They sure as hell wont keep employees to please people, the bottom line matters, not much else.

You are copy pasting number without complete knowledge.
6-7% looks good enough to you and sure it is. But what is the total GDP?

6-7% of a 1.4 trillion dollar economy of India is 85-100 billion dollars. But for Bangladeshi Economy of 228 billion dollars it would be just 12-14 billion dollars which are simply not enough to start industry, you have to spend that on education and basic infrastructure also. It will take 15-20 years till the time BD can actually start its own projects, till then it should reap the benefits of foreign investors.

These are business calls.

In India too Airtel, Vodafone & Idea have sold off their towers to Indus Towers making Indus the largest tower holding company possibly worldwide.

Nothing to get perturbed. Its simply restructuring.

TATA has yet to cover a lot of ground. For BD's prospective - partnerships are good for auto industry. If I were a BD, I would invite in this order - 1) Japanese 2) Koreans 3) Chinese 4) Lastly Indians

your GDP numbers are wrong.

You are copy pasting number without complete knowledge.
6-7% looks good enough to you and sure it is. But what is the total GDP?

6-7% of a 1.4 trillion dollar economy of India is 85-100 billion dollars. But for Bangladeshi Economy of 228 billion dollars it would be just 12-14 billion dollars which are simply not enough to start industry, you have to spend that on education and basic infrastructure also. It will take 15-20 years till the time BD can actually start its own projects, till then it should reap the benefits of foreign investors.

refurbished cars from Japan is better.eh?

You shouldn't have any doubt about it. A old Toyota is always better than a new TATA or Maruti-suzuki car. Indian bikes have good quality but cars are worse.

Not good to hear i agree. But its a free market out there. If Airtel feels that it can cut costs and/or improve quality by taking all those steps then by all means they should-else they will run out of business.

Their objective is to earn profits. They arent running a charity. They sure as hell wont keep employees to please people, the bottom line matters, not much else.

Think this same situation in India. Suppose any company firing its local employees in India after investing of another company. Like any giant BD company will invest in Airtel and then Airtel reduces its local Indian employees. Then how do you will feel? I'm sure that you will talk in 180 degree reverse tone then. :flame:

Think this same situation in India. Suppose any company firing its local employees in India after investing of another company. Like any giant BD company will invest in Airtel and then Airtel reduces its local Indian employees. Then how do you will feel? I'm sure that you will talk in 180 degree reverse tone then. :flame:

This happens all the time.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom