What's new

NIRBHAY TO BE TEST FIRED FROM ARIHANT

will Nirbhay fit the same tubes like K15. K15 are fitting 3 in each tube in vertical launch configuration.. So i am asking is Nirbhay also similarly able to fit 3 in nos in each tube in the same configuration.

IF not, will it be fired from torpedo tubes same like popeye turbo in Dolphin II operated by Israel and made by France..
will Nirbhay fit the same tubes like K15. K15 are fitting 3 in each tube in vertical launch configuration.. So i am asking is Nirbhay also similarly able to fit 3 in nos in each tube in the same configuration.

IF not, will it be fired from torpedo tubes same like popeye turbo in Dolphin II operated by Israel and made by France..

Nirbhay is just 0.52m in diameter with 6m length. implying its sleeker than K15

Look at the last figure, with diameter of 0.66m (bottom right 4th quadrant), 6+1(center) or even worst case scenario 6 missiles of diameter 0.66 m can be fitted in a single tube vs K15 diameter of 0.93m type 3 in nos (as shown in top left 1st quadrant)

Btw also it can be configured to fire from 533mm tube as its diameter is just 0.52m whichh Arihant is suppose to have 6 in numbers (6x533mm torpedo tubes)

i say each Arihant will carry
Tube Vertical config - 6-7 Nirbhays in each tube based on above diagram
Tube torpedo - Any number based on reload perhaps 6 SLCMs in single salvo mode before full reloads..

Already posted here:
Indigenous nuclear submarine to undergo missile firing tests

Nirbhay is just 0.52m in diameter with 6m length. implying its sleeker than K15

Look at the last figure, with diameter of 0.66m (bottom right 4th quadrant), 6+1(center) or even worst case scenario 6 missiles of diameter 0.66 m can be fitted in a single tube vs K15 diameter of 0.93m type 3 in nos (as shown in top left 1st quadrant)

Btw also it can be configured to fire from 533mm tube as its diameter is just 0.52m whichh Arihant is suppose to have 6 in numbers (6x533mm torpedo tubes)

i say each Arihant will carry
Tube Vertical config - 6-7 Nirbhays in each tube based on above diagram
Tube torpedo - Any number based on reload perhaps 6 SLCMs in single salvo mode before full reloads..

Already posted here:
Indigenous nuclear submarine to undergo missile firing tests

Most probably it will be fired from tubes as its quite sleek 52cm against 533mm) why waste SLBM for cruise misssle

Most probably it will be fired from tubes as its quite sleek 52cm against 533mm) why waste SLBM for cruise misssle

This is what i had been searching for a long long time
Imagine a successful Nirbhay launch from 50m depth via a torpedo tube of 533mm launching successfully and then crusing to distance in excess of 1500 kms in subsonic flight. These missiles will then do what russian cruise missiles are doing from ship launched in Syria or how USA strikes via Tomahawks
BUT
with demonstration of 533mm torpedo tube launch, we can then augment and configure perhaps even our other subs (read scorpene or existing Kilos if dimensions length fits as diameter is sureshot fitting in 533mm tube), That my firend would be ultimate capability MULTIPLIER

Bcz that allows even conventional subs to carry a N armed Nirbhay giving a second strike capability across all the underwater fleet..

@Penguin Your thoughts on this.. You feel we are following Popeye turbo model here ..

Last edited:
Talking of SLCM's - India's First SLCM BrahMos -

Hi!
Amazingly,the solid booster that you see in the above video comes directly from russia.We still do not have anything even close to that.I mean their propellant can withstand fairly high degree of mechanical shocks and still remain functional for a pretty long time- ours on the other hand is more brittle- itz shock handling capability is fairly limited. Quite honestly russian propellant feels like kind of rubber when you take it in your hand. The white plume that you see(exhaust of the booster) is typical of HCl mixed with other gases. I assume that,in our astra and NAG they use NC-NG double base propellant that doesnt produce HCl(with traces of other gases) upon burning.Because NC-NG double base propellant doesnt produce smokey trail!
You see,these are the kind of things that russia never shares with us!
ok,Coming to the main issue of launching nirbhay from arihant,i think it will still take some time- not that DRDO cant do it,but first they would have to validate the under water launching system from pontoon. And as @The Deterrent correctly pointed out DRDO wont risk firing nirbhay for the first time from arihant- arihant is way too costly for that!
In all likelyhood arihant will first fire K-15 followed by K-4!

Imagine a successful Nirbhay launch from 50m-75m depth

I am afraid there is no reported firing of under water missile from 75m under the water! I might be wrong,can you furnish some credible research literature?

Last edited:
Hi!
Amazingly,the solid booster that you see in the above video comes directly from russia.We still do not have anything even close to that.I mean their propellant can withstand a high degree of mechanical shocks and still remain functional for a pretty long time- ours on the other hand is more brittle- itz shock handling capability is fairly limited. Quite honestly russian propellant feels like kind of rubber. The white plume that you see(exhaust of the booster) is typical of HCl mixed with other gases. In our astra and NAG they use NC-NG double base propellant that doesnt produce HCl(with traces of other gases) upon burning.
You see,these are the kind of things that russia never shares with us!
ok,Coming to the main issue of launching nirbhay from arihant,i think it will still take some time- not that DRDO cant do it,but first they would have to validate the under water launching system from pontoon. And as @The Deterrent correctly pointed out DRDO wont risk firing nirbhay for the first time from arihant- arihant is way too costly for that!
In all likelyhood arihant will first fire K-15 followed by K-4!

I am afraid there is reported firing of under water missile from 75m under the water! I might be wrong,can you furnish some credible research literature?
But somebody told earlier in pdf that we are going to purchase tech of booster from Russia at a cost of 2k crores.

I don't think nirbhay will be launched via torpedo tubes. If drdo fires nirbhay then it have to be through vls tube. But I hope for torpedo tubes because then we can fire nirbhay from scorpene too. :D

This is what i had been searching for a long long time
Imagine a successful Nirbhay launch from 50m-75m depth via a torpedo tube of 533mm launching successfully and then crusing to distance in excess of 1500 kms in subsonic flight. These missiles will then do what russian cruise missiles are doing from ship launched in Syria or how USA strikes via Tomahawks
BUT
with demonstration of 533mm torpedo tube launch, we can then augment and configure perhaps even our other subs (read scorpene or existing Kilos if dimensions length fits as diameter is sureshot fitting in 533mm tube), That my firend would be ultimate capability MULTIPLIER

Bcz that allows even conventional subs to carry a N armed Nirbhay giving a second strike capability across all the underwater fleet..

@Penguin Your thoughts on this.. You feel we are following Popeye turbo model here ..

Exactly n slcm or slcm , it would be a force multiplier if we could develop tube launched nirbhay:dance3:. We can put it on all kilo's , scorpene and 75i.A force to be reckoned with:)

I am afraid there is no reported firing of under water missile from 75m under the water!
Yes thanks for pointing out.. Seems i forgot that error.. The general data seems to suggest around max of 200 feet or 55m.. (delta IV)

Was the Arihant ever truly intended to operationally carry conventional ordinance or is the envisaged Nirbhay-firing capability purely envisaged with a nuclear warhead (for the Arihant class)? The Arihant was always, as far as I know, intended to be a pure SSBN so conventional payloads are out of the question.

India certainly needs to start looking at a class of SSGN capable of firing the Nirbhay and Brahmos ( with conventional warheads)- this would be a devastating asset to have.

Gentlemen -

Have you realised this is a new Verizon of Nirbhay Missile.

A Sub Launched, UNDER Water Cruise Missile.

My Hearty Congratulations to Scientific Community....This missile has been cleared to be Sub Luanched because it has cleared previous Tests.

Gentlemen -

Have you realised this is a new Verizon of Nirbhay Missile.

A Sub Launched, UNDER Water Cruise Missile.

My Hearty Congratulations to Scientific Community....This missile has been cleared to be Sub Luanched because it has cleared previous Tests.

We don't know that for sure, most probably error report. I really doubt DRDOs capability to develop a SLBM so quickly. And then directly testing from arihant without pontoon in between.not likely possible

Was the Arihant ever truly intended to operationally carry conventional ordinance or is the envisaged Nirbhay-firing capability purely envisaged with a nuclear warhead (for the Arihant class)? The Arihant was always, as far as I know, intended to be a pure SSBN so conventional payloads are out of the question.

India certainly needs to start looking at a class of SSGN capable of firing the Nirbhay and Brahmos ( with conventional warheads)- this would be a devastating asset to have.
Or may be as we know theres going to be a follow on order of Arihant with bigger SSBBs with more BMs, Arihant can be later converted as SSGN?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom