What's new

Nightmare Scenarios

and when it will be nuclear war whole glaciers will melt and india pakistan will left with no water and then it will be end of world :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: so horror story i took it tooo deeply :smokin:

dude believe me obama wants the contract of DAms of pakistan and china is becoming hurdle and US is loosing great opportunity of billions of dollars projects thats why he couldnt sleep Hor Masla koi nahi ae jani :cray: did you saw chinese offered 50 billion dollars investment just for dams and hydro projects If obama is soo worried why dont he come forward and invest 100 billion dollars which we lost in WOT :oops: a win win situation for whole world

What many of us don't realize is how dire Indian position itself is when it comes to fresh water.

Pakistan's water problems are mostly man-made. They can easily be mitigated (atleast for foreseeable future) by building dams and reducing water wastage by changing their agricultural patterns.

While India also can do the same to certain extent, our share from Indus basin is much less (per capita anyway) and the potential for savings elsewhere is much less. The problem is actually much more acute and widespread in India - particularly in the vast southern/central and western regions. So much so that 2 southern states could have already gone to war over water if they were separate countries!

More importantly, India can't and hasn't been stealing Pakistan's water - despite their outlandish claims. So there isn't much India can do even if we wanted to help Pakistan out of humanitarian reasons. Unless the idea involves letting Indians die of thirst to help Pakistanis.

No, I am not at all suggesting that.

Indus water anyway can't reach the southern and central parts of India atleast not without the river-linking project which is effectively in the dustbin.

All I am saying is we should do as much we can without harming our own interests and not hold water as a bargaining chip.

No, I am not at all suggesting that.

Indus water anyway can't reach the southern and central parts of India atleast not without the river-linking project which is effectively in the dustbin.

I get your point, mate. All I am saying is that, Pakistan herself has all the solutions for her water problem, provided they take ownership of the problems rather than taking the easier route of blaming India.

The key advantage for Pakistan (apart from getting a very generous share of Indus basin under IWT), a VAST % of population resides closer to the Indus or her tributaries which are fed by Himalayas, rather than on unpredictable monsoon rains!

On the contrary, a vast majority of India (except for northern and eastern part), depends on rivers which are fed by unpredictable seasonal rains!

If more Indus water was available to India, I am sure it would have been used one way or the other - in Haryana, Delhi and northern/central Rajasthan.

All I am saying is we should do as much we can without harming our own interests and not hold water as a bargaining chip.

Where is India holding water as a bargaining chip? :what:

All the dams that India is developing are really run-of-the-river dams used for nothing more than electricity and flood control. If India was holding water back, Pakistanis would have made a lot of noise (nutbags don't count!) even if IWT overlooked!

and when it will be nuclear war whole glaciers will melt and india pakistan will left with no water and then it will be end of world :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: so horror story i took it tooo deeply :smokin:

This kind of blackmailing is getting old, mate. You are much better off, sticking to your "official" narrative of using Nuclear Weapons for purely defensive/deterrence purposes!

Anyway, if the water situation in Pakistan really ever got that desperate, trust me, it would already be far worse in India at this rate.

And, a desperately thirsty man wouldn't be afraid of death - much less of Nuclear weapons!

I get your point, mate. All I am saying is that, Pakistan herself has all the solutions for her water problem, provided they take ownership of the problems rather than taking the easier route of blaming India.

The key advantage for Pakistan (apart from getting a very generous share of Indus basin under IWT), a VAST % of population resides closer to the Indus or her tributaries which are fed by Himalayas, rather than on unpredictable monsoon rains!

On the contrary, a vast majority of India (except for northern and eastern part), depends on rivers which are fed by unpredictable seasonal rains!

If more Indus water was available to India, I am sure it would have been used one way or the other - in Haryana, Delhi and northern/central Rajasthan.

All the dams that India is developing are really run-of-the-river dams used for nothing more than electricity and flood control. If India was holding water back, Pakistanis would have made a lot of noise (nutbags don't count!) even if IWT overlooked!

This kind of blackmailing is getting old, mate. You are much better off, sticking to your "official" narrative of using Nuclear Weapons for purely defensive/deterrence purposes!

Anyway, if the water situation in Pakistan really ever got that desperate, trust me, it would already be far worse in India at this rate.

And, a desperately thirsty man wouldn't be afraid of death - much less of Nuclear weapons!

Thanks, an extremely well reasoned response.

i was not blackmailing dude i read your thread it was just a fantasy story LOL in next 2 centuries it will happen no budy knowz at that times india becomes part of pakistan or becomes different small states :D :D :D what you think these nukes are for ?? obviously for you indian my boyyy these isnt a show piece or for show off our each and every nuclear weapon is just for our beloved neighbor india with love :partay:

Back
Top Bottom