What's new

Nigeria seeks Indian help to improve its Navy.

You didn't see in news?
India is Nigeria's largest trade partner, Nigeria is India's largest crude oil supplier not KSA or Iraq, Indians have investment in Nigeria in tens of billions.
Recently India hosted Nigerian president in India-Africa Summit' 2015.
Does Pakistan have any type of relation with Nigeria?
A large number of Nigerian student study in India, we have much cooperation in Education & Space but don't talk about that as that is not your cup of tea
Has any of that helped defeat Boko Haram?

Or are you trying to argue that the increased Indian presence in Nigeria correlates with the increased terrorism by Boko Haram?

Its a Good News.. We could make them anything they want!! We've got products ranging from small attack boats to Large Aircraft Carrier's. It's only a question of what they really want!

It's not a bad idea. India's navy is experienced and competent, Nigeria would benefit greatly.

Your "facts" are misleading. Nigeria's largest exports go to India (14%), yes, but it's biggest imports come from China (22%)

India's investments in Nigeria, from what I can tell, aren't actually tens of billions. Even if they are, China out paces them.

Hosting the Nigerian president for a "India-Africa Summit" doesn't really imply much, other than India's attempt at exerting influence.

Pakistan has both economic ties (though not large), and military ties (fairly large) with Nigeria. Nigerian special forces some to Pakistan for training, Nigerian air force pilots come to Pakistan for training, and Pakistan sells Nigeria arms and equipment. Pakistan is set to sell Nigeria JF-17s (initially 3 for testing and training purposes, and 1-2 squadrons worth, once that phase is complete).

Nigeria also sends students to Pakistani universities as well, though mostly for engineering and technology. They go to India for mainly medical education.
I didn't mean that China doesn't have better relation with Nigeria but what I told is 100% right, my reply was on your post, I didn't comment on China.
Economy of China is big so obviously it will have bigger trade relations with each country.
Hosting "India-Africa Summit" is not much, yes I'll say just host that before 2030 & that big size.
When was last bilateral visit between Nigeria & Pakistan, even foreign minister's visit?
When did Pakistan Navy visited Nigeria or Nigerian Navy visited Pakistan?
I'm following PDF from a long time but joined recently never heard about Nigerian students in Pakistan & JF-17s sell to Nigeria.

Has any of that helped defeat Boko Haram?

Or are you trying to argue that the increased Indian presence in Nigeria correlates with the increased terrorism by Boko Haram?
I wanted to tell that The Nigerian Navy has been faced with increased security demands in the coastal areas with renewed attacks on oil installations and other forms of militant activity.

as per news so it require strong army.

I didn't mean that China doesn't have better relation with Nigeria but what I told is 100% right, my reply was on your post, I didn't comment on China.
Economy of China is big so obviously it will have bigger trade relations with each country.
Hosting "India-Africa Summit" is not much, yes I'll say just host that before 2030 & that big size.
When was last bilateral visit between Nigeria & Pakistan, even foreign minister's visit?
When did Pakistan Navy visited Nigeria or Nigerian Navy visited Pakistan?
I'm following PDF from a long time but joined recently never heard about Nigerian students in Pakistan & JF-17s sell to Nigeria.
My point is that you've overestimating India's reach in Nigeria. India may have business ties, but it's political ties with Nigeria are negligible.

Pakistan and Nigeria constantly send delegations to each other's nations. From military leaders, to political figures, both sides are pretty close politically and militarily.

You just joined in September last year, of course you don't know. You barely post, but once you're more active, you'll learn of these things.

My point is that you've overestimating India's reach in Nigeria. India may have business ties, but it's political ties with Nigeria are negligible.

Pakistan and Nigeria constantly send delegations to each other's nations. From military leaders, to political figures, both sides are pretty close politically and militarily.

You just joined in September last year, of course you don't know. You barely post, but once you're more active, you'll learn of these things.
Negligible, seriously.
My friend I asked just date, I don't know about yours but do you think India-Nigeria can have 17 billion bilateral trade with negligible political relations?
BhartiAirtel is 2nd largest mobile network provider in Nigeria.
Beside it Indorama, Olam International, Tata, Bajaj Auto, Birla Group, Kirloskar, Mahindra, Ashok Leyland, NIIT, ApTech, New India Assurance, Bhushan Steel, KEC, Skipper Nigeria, Dabur, Godrej and Primus Super-speciality Hospital have large presence in Nigeria.
Nigeria’s pharmaceuticals, steel and power transmission sectors are dominated by Indian companies.
Yes, I joined in Sept'15 & I post barely because I don't talk nonsense but I'm following PDF from Jan-Feb 2012.

Negligible, seriously.
My friend I asked just date, I don't know about yours but do you think India-Nigeria can have 17 billion bilateral trade with negligible political relations?
BhartiAirtel is 2nd largest mobile network provider in Nigeria.
Beside it Indorama, Olam International, Tata, Bajaj Auto, Birla Group, Kirloskar, Mahindra, Ashok Leyland, NIIT, ApTech, New India Assurance, Bhushan Steel, KEC, Skipper Nigeria, Dabur, Godrej and Primus Super-speciality Hospital have large presence in Nigeria.
Nigeria’s pharmaceuticals, steel and power transmission sectors are dominated by Indian companies.
Yes, I joined in Sept'15 & I post barely because I don't talk nonsense but I'm following PDF from Jan-Feb 2012.
Business ties don't simply equate to political ties, so yes, it is negligible. Indian-Nigerian political cooperation barely exists, the relationship is purely financial/business, nothing more.

Hope Pakistan-China manufactured aircraft can help kill all Boko Harams

So Nigeria is improving it's Air force by getting jets from Pakistan

and Navy From India :D :D :enjoy::enjoy:

Dont belive what these Africans say unless it is done!

Nigeria is a country with a future. India should help both in security affairs and also in it's Space program which is the best in all of Africa right now.

Future in what? Corruption? Haha!

Good.We can offer them several large OPVs and Corvettes.

What they need is training for their own CISF in protecting oil and mineral installations.
Our Central Industrial Security Force is responsible for guarding the oil installations in Bay of Bengal and Arabian Sea.
That training is what Nigeria needs. Maybe their Navy has personnel specifically for protecting oil installation rather than a separate force altogether.

Also they need rapid assault motor boats rather than the larger OPVs.

So Nigeria is improving it's Air force by getting jets from Pakistan

and Navy From India :D :D :enjoy::enjoy:

Nigerians have a history of getting combat jets from China (they use F-7s as well like you). So JF-17 will naturally be a good platform for their modernization.

And IN can train them for the type of situations we face as well.

Dont belive what these Africans say unless it is done!

Future in what? Corruption? Haha!

Lol what a MORON. They're ahead of PAKISTAN in many many ways.

Their population is lesser than yours
Their GDP is more than twice as much as yours
Their Per Capita is almost three times yours
They have a current account surplus of $20 billion and yours is NEGAVTIVE
They're growing faster than you

Make no mistakes, they're already ahead in many indices, they'll be ahead of you in all indices pretty soon. Everyone in the world looks at them as a strong and growing economy. Everyone looks at the land of the pure as a joke, but when it comes talking big big things you have no problems in that department, all right.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom